Were you disappointed when Britney dropped Perfume?

• Super Mods
2 hours ago, Richie said:

I don't think we talk enough about how good she sounds in it? And her voice sounds more natural than the rest of her post conservatorship songs, glory included.

I remember very clearly that I didn't like the lyrics because I still don't. Mark my territory, current girlfriend trying to be cool... really? It makes no sense they released a single with these terrible lyrics. 

We were disappointed because that era Sia was on top of the world and everything she'd write would become a hit. And then we had Perfume. 

And the video was not just any video it had JOSEPH KAHN as the director, let me remind you just a couple years after this Joseph Kahn would turn Taylor Swift into the biggest popstar in the world. So yeah, a song that had great vocals, a great writer and a great director for it's music video, ending up being cheesy, with bad lyrics and having a forgettable video, was a HUGE disappointment. 

you're actually 100% right, such a major disappointment, it had all the ingredients to be one of her best songs and music videos, and then we got nothing :orangu_orangutan_ape:Just some cheesy song meant for C-listers :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

• Love 2
  • Super Mods
2 minutes ago, Brason said:

I have a love-hate relationship with that song but she looks very beautiful on that video and I like it bc its very cinematographic like Criminal, a simple beautiful cute video 

but the lyrics… :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

The lyrics are just wrong though :gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised: It's like a 7th grader wrote it :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

• Love 2

I honestly don’t hate it, I think it could have been produced or mixed a bit better (I mean it’s on Boring Jamon ffs) 

I was shocked to hear a former coworker tell me like two years ago (a HUGE Ariana/Harry Styles ride or die stan) that she loved perfume. I thought she was kidding or talking about actual perfume lines of Britney’s cause home girl didn’t even know songs like WB, IWG, and thought Womanizer was from like 2000 - she also called Voldemort lord no nose but anyways now I’m off topic… oh she straight up sung every word to perfume I was like huh. 

Yeah mv felt like they cut the most meaningful part and it was just beautiful Britney scenes compilation. Probably Kahn did his best. Britneys team was a mess

Song itself is in my favourites list. It is not everytime but ballads like this in her catalogue i really do appreciate they exist

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block