Were you disappointed when Britney dropped Perfume?

I was 17 at the time and I kinda felt like the song was for me, since my very first BF and I broke up around the same time that the album was released :embarrassed_britney_2007_red_hide_ashamed_cover: But looking back, some of the lyrics are cringe AF, production-wise it's very flat, the song has no bridge (which happened to other songs on this album and I hate it :jackk_alien:) and it doesn't really go anywhere... A bridge could have said something more about the story but no, lyrics-wise sounds unfinished, it's a hot mess :yesokay_britney_blush_blink: And don't let me start with the MV, the only good thing about it is that Britney looked fabulous :enigma_alien_blue: (Although I wasn't a huge fan of her upper lip which in some shot it looks like she had some "fun stuff" done :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:) Oh and between this and Make Me, Make Me is a better MV especially if you watch the 'American Dream' version, there, I said it :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Xtianlovebritneyy said:

Horrible terrible song.

i honestly think this is the song that almost killed her mainstream career. Work ***** was also a terrible 1st single but maybe till is gone or another song as a follow up could have saved the era. Perfume just didn’t kill the era , almost killed her music career. 

No it didn’t. You’re being over dramatic. Nothing, honestly, could kill a career that’s as monumental as her’s. She’s got career longevity like MJ and Madonna.

• Love 1

I don't think we talk enough about how good she sounds in it? And her voice sounds more natural than the rest of her post conservatorship songs, glory included.

I remember very clearly that I didn't like the lyrics because I still don't. Mark my territory, current girlfriend trying to be cool... really? It makes no sense they released a single with these terrible lyrics. 

We were disappointed because that era Sia was on top of the world and everything she'd write would become a hit. And then we had Perfume. 

And the video was not just any video it had JOSEPH KAHN as the director, let me remind you just a couple years after this Joseph Kahn would turn Taylor Swift into the biggest popstar in the world. So yeah, a song that had great vocals, a great writer and a great director for it's music video, ending up being cheesy, with bad lyrics and having a forgettable video, was a HUGE disappointment. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block