Have you ever sent a message to an artist you like?

Earlier today I subscribed to the Patreon of Natasha Khan, the wonderful mastermind behind the stage name Bat for Lashes. I adore her music so much, and the subscription gives me access to exclusive content. I also am able to message her, so I wrote this:

"Hello Natasha, I'm just writing this to let you know that you have gained another fan in this world full of pop culture fascination. I first encountered your music through the infectious groove of Feel for You shortly after it was released in 2019, on rateyourmusic.com. I delved into the Lost Girls project shortly thereafter, and I don't believe I've surfaced yet. I've always been enamored by rich, powerful vocals, and the dreamscapes that you put together with your instrumentals create worlds within my mind whenever I listen to the album. Your lyrics on The Bride, about the journeys through grief and such unimaginable tragedy, are so poignant in today's reality. You truly are a blessing to the art of music. I can't wait for the new album. With Regards, Ben."

I'm not sure if she'll respond or not. How about you? Have you ever messaged one of your favs? Have they responded?

• Love 3

Yes, I have. Actually on multiple occassions back when I was on IG. I've got some responses to my comments and likes! Like when I commented something nice and my favs actually took time to read it and responded was good. However, I've never recieved a reply to a DM. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

Also, it reads that your post was created almost like yesterday. Has that Natasha already replied? :) 

• Love 2
On 12/2/2022 at 3:49 PM, Groundbreaking said:

Okay, fingers crossed! :) 

She responded!

Hi Ben Thank you so very much for this kind message, I’m so glad you have the music to enjoy and discover.. and that it speaks to you in some meaningful way. I’m excited for you to hear the new album! All the best Natasha

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, WeatherBOI said:

She responded!

Hi Ben Thank you so very much for this kind message, I’m so glad you have the music to enjoy and discover.. and that it speaks to you in some meaningful way. I’m excited for you to hear the new album! All the best Natasha

OMG, that's so cool!!! Love it. You must be on the cloud nine rn, aren't you? Happy for you!!!

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block