Did Carly Rae Jepsen need to commercially flop to blossom?

Just now, Mexwero said:

She’s so good and I love her newest album, but why does she always release a first single that never really represents the album as a whole. I find it so odd and that might not help the marketing of the album itself?  No idea honestly, but she deserves the world! ❤️

Beach House is such an addicting song though. It could’ve been better, but the verses are ear candy :elton:

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Lolai said:

Carly is like Robyn. She makes indie-electronic-disco-pop. A secret us hipster gays should keep for ourselves. She is too good to be mainstream.

Why you all caring about numbers? It's quality not quantity. Carly delivers delicious pop, concerts and visuals.

I have an issue whenever someone says why anyone cares about numbers. For many artists if they don’t sell then they can’t book shows or won’t release new music. I doubt Carly or any other artist would put effort if they were selling five copies 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

There was an article when dedicated came out saying her and Britney spears are okay being cult pop stars, not needing the mainstream to guarantee success..

Call me maybe was a fluke,,due to a viral video,  Justin Bieber basically approved track, and the video with the humorous ending of the guy being gay, it was inevitable and when you hear the chorus it's stuck inside your head for days.  

She really didn't want that, I'm learning even with Natasha Bedingfield,  or most artists overseas..

Rest of the world leaves you alone. The US,  it's different,  you're never left alone, and the term public figure is attached to your employment status to where, your label tells you, the public owns you right now, not you. 

So it's a mind ****. 

6 months, and you're depressed cos you can't go anywhere without being recognized and not left alone. So your stuck in your hotel room just to be left alone. 

Makes me miss the uk where I could be alone, and be with the public and just be anonymous.

Nobody is made or mentally prepared for fame at all..

On 12/2/2022 at 8:36 AM, Urbanney said:

It wasn't for me. :tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad: I can see why some pop stans love her the album though.

It's kinda hard to stan females I take it. 

Most aren't masculine,  hell even Britney isn't.  

I always wondered what are gay icons for people like you when it's hard to find that image that fits you..

You sound more masculine it seems like 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block