Can Taylor Swift sing or is she just sing talking?

Finally somebody noticed this!!!!

@GlitterRainshould give you a badge for good point!!!

Yasss she is giving many talking and almost no singing. That's why I like her first records because it somehow worked out with her "singing", but since she started releasing pop music, so she has already exhausted her limit and is trying to mask this ailment with everything possible, and it's already embarrassing.  Really - it's like she has a limited number of colors and has already used all existing combinations and has nothing to offer.  A girl should learn to make long notes, use her chest as singers do - her diaphragm.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

That's because she can't sing well. It's hilarious to me that the GP at large and even some of her stans don't realize this, yet 99% of people accused Kesha of "not knowing how to sing" just because she used auto-tune on her earlier records in spite of her actually having a decent set of pipes without it. 

There's probably tons of other examples of singers who are better vocalists than Taylor, but I've been on a Kesha binge lately. :inbed_ahs_hotel_sarah_paulson_grin_smirk_cackle_bed_reading_phone:

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, Kletus said:

She’s a great songwriter and has perfect Melodies so there’s no denying her even if I don’t even listen to her music :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad: plus now she’s even re-releasing exact duplicates of her old records for some made up reason and she sells trillions of even those :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:  

Her Fearless re-record is in 95% better than original (I prefer ofc original Love Story and instrument arrangement in You're Not Sorry). at 17/18 you can write beautiful songs but you have no experience, so you can sing about it all but not feel it.  And she felt it later in her re-record.

Spoiler

In "Breathe" they changed volume arrangement to so much better intro, The Other Side Of The Door" they improved vocal layering and re-record is better and do not sounds annoying like original.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, brinny4ever said:

I love Taylor's songs, and I'm no professional, it just seems that she's always talking without singing. Her production doesn't really let her voice shine. I guess the perfect example is Vigilante **** where she does the talking without hearing different tonalities to her voice.

At age nine, Swift became interested in musical theater and performed in four Berks Youth Theatre Academy productions. She also traveled regularly to New York City for vocal and acting lessons. [x]

I think this explains the "sing talking" thing that she does when she isn't performing country music. It's literally a holdover from her musical theater days since most musical theater performances lean more towards "sing talking" than just "singing". 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

While not a huge fan, I admire her music and work ethic. She keeps evolving with each release, she is a very accomplished musician and artist. 

However, I do not think she is a good singer. Taylor herself has admitted that she is not a good singer. This does not prevent me from listening to her, though. She sounds sweet and the variety of her music coupled with her deft songwriting makes for an enjoyable experience. 

She does not have a voice like the likes of Kelly or Christina but she has what they lack - admirable songwriting ability and ear for music. 

One does not need to be exceptionally talented in order to make good music. Taylor has talent and creativity to rely on despite her voice being a means to an end. She made me listen to genres of music I would not be interested in otherwise - this is star power on its own. 

7 minutes ago, paulaprecious said:

At age nine, Swift became interested in musical theater and performed in four Berks Youth Theatre Academy productions. She also traveled regularly to New York City for vocal and acting lessons. [x]

I think this explains the "sing talking" thing that she does when she isn't performing country music. It's literally a holdover from her musical theater days since most musical theater performances lean more towards "sing talking" than just "singing". 

Somebody should say her she need vocal coach and start singing. She has good voice, but the talking and short breath makes her a dwarf.

Depends what you refer to as singing. For those who consider singing as belting and using melismas and vocal gymnastics, she can't sing for her life. In my opinion, she sings, but that is not her forte. She learnt how to use ger voice and her strength is in the middle to low range or the suprr breathy notes that need no long holds. She is a good enunciator, not a particularly good singer. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block