Favorite Lana Del Rey Album?

Favorite Lana Del Rey Album?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

ultraviolence and honeymoon are my favourites. both paint vivid imagery, have lush soundscapes, and feature some of her best songs. she’s turned into a boring artist for the most part, which sucks because i used to be a huge fan. her instrumentals consist of pretty much nothing but a piano now. i can’t roll with the “vagabond poet” shtick she’s got going on these days. it’s tired. all her songs sound like uninspired diary entries now. “jen is swimming in the pool, my sister chuck took a photo of me in front of this monstera, how fu.cking interesting, let me include that in my songs 600 times”

best - ultraviolence & honeymoon

cute - born to die & paradise

mixed bag - aka lizzy grant, norman rockwell, chemtrails over the country club, blue banisters

fecal matter - lust for life 

• Haha 1

Lana_Del_Ray_-_Lana_Del_Ray_(2010).png - I've never listened to it since it's not officially available on streaming services.

BornToDieAlbumCover.png - it's for sure her catchiest album, and I'd say it has aged really well. However, the drama of the lyrics makes the songs less relatable.

Paradise_EP.png - it's just a less interesting version of Born to Die, so it feels redundant.

UltraviolenceLDR.png - my younger self hated this album because of how much darker it was compared to Paradise and Born to Die, but I recently gave the album another chance and realized how immaculate it actually is. Also, I think I prefer the standard edition because it offers a more seamless listening experience - the deluxe adds two boring songs and two amazing ones.

Lana_Del_Rey_-_Honeymoon_(Official_Album_Cover).png - the arrangements and melodies are absolutely perfect. This album is a visceral experience and will forever remain her best work.

Lana_Del_Rey_-_Lust_for_Life.png - there's a few boring songs, but the rest of them are really fun.

Lana_Del_Rey_-_Norman_Fucking_Rockwell.png - I know this album is objectively her magnum opus, but I haven't listened to it enough to form an opinion.

Lana_Del_Rey_-_Chemtrails_over_the_Country_Club.png - the last two songs are boring, but the rest of them are absolutely perfect. Her vocals really shine on this album, and I love how experimental some of the production is (auto-tune, seeming tempo changes).

Lana_Del_Rey_-_Blue_Banisters_cover.png - half of the songs are painfully boring while the other half includes some of the best songs of her career (i.e., Dealer, Thunder, Black Bathing Suit).

8 minutes ago, neko said:

i can’t roll with the “vagabond poet” shtick she’s got going on these days. it’s tired. all her songs sound like uninspired diary entries now. “jen is swimming in the pool, my sister chuck took a photo of me in front of this monstera, how fu.cking interesting, let me include that in my songs 600 times”

I can't say I agree, but I totally understand what you mean. :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

1 minute ago, Style. said:

Slay: Born To Die, Lust For Life

Cute: Honeymoon, Normal ******* Rockwell

Grower/Mixed Bag: Born To Die PE, Chemtrails Over The Country Club, Ultraviolence

IDK Ha: Blue Bannister 

Why am I not feeling Chemtrails Over The Country Club? :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Have you never listened to Blue Banisters? A lot of the songs are boring, IMO, but listen to Dealer at least:

It's saaauuur good - no wonder it popped off streaming-wise, becoming the sleeper hit of the album. :bouncey:

• Like 1
Just now, i sometimes sing live said:

Have you never listened to Blue Banisters? A lot of the songs are boring, IMO, but listen to Dealer at least:

It's saaauuur good - no wonder it popped off streaming-wise, becoming the sleeper hit of the album. :bouncey:

I listened to it once and I shelved it. I was exhausted of two albums back to back that I completely forgot to enjoy them. It was too much. :leaving_tiffany_pollard_walk_away_leaving_bye_walking_out_pink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_bag: 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, i sometimes sing live said:

This one's genuinely interesting, though. :fakewow_selena_surprised_shocked:

My favourite song by Lana is For K Part 2. I am not sure if I told you this already but I found Lana Del Ray Aka Lizzy Grant at sonic boom. The story behind this record is that she was already signed  to a smaller label called 5 Points. It was actually to the point where it was digitally released on iTunes for a short while. Given this was late 2010 however, it was still important (on its last straws however) to sell physical albums. They were unable to fund this and the entire release was pulled. Weirdly enough it now shows up as being under Bromance Records when searching for bootlegs, which is now defunct (2011-2017). She had just left a trailer park she was living in around the start of recording these sessions, I suspect, amidst her boarding school upbringing. Lana Del rAy was born in 2010, starting with this AKA record, however it was a persona

you most certainly know this part obviously, but Lana Del REy In 2011 she joined a creative deal with Interscope, funding Video Games on her own.  Thus the beginning of it all 

2 hours ago, i sometimes sing live said:

Japanese bonus track, right? Rik and his hidden gems. :bouncey: It's kinda boring, though... :selena_red_carpet_gomez_um_stare:

3 hours ago, Rik vs Exhale said:

I personally love it because it just reminds me of being like 17, you know?? 

something else that’ll flip your mind that you might even know, is that she has another persona when she was 18 years old. May Jailer. I recently read up on how in the summer of 06 when she was 18 and just finished high school. Assuming that math adds up, she got a guitar and learnt four chords to piece together songs for an EP entitled Sirens the pseudo name, May Jailer. She would later go on to release other EPs that have since disappeared due to age, including the Pheonoma of Lizzy Grant, starting the transition to her using something closer to her own name. 

@Henry. 

• Love 1

Chemtrails over the country club and Blue Banisters. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

They are her best for me. Brilliant and mature, beautifully written, produced and raw. Love ALL the tracks, no skips here.

I Also LOVE AKA and really like Sirens.

ALL her discography is amazing, but the other records have a lot of skips to me.

The one I like least and never listen to is Lust for Life. I like 2-3 songs.  :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

• Love 1

I LIVE for 'Lust for Life'! Some of the collabs on this are perfection. In my Feelings and God Bless America are some of my favs. This album hits hard.

'BTD', 'Paradise' and 'NFR' are in my "Great" tier for Lana. I love the longform videos attached to these albums, Tropico is a masterpiece, but "F It ILY/Greatest" are my 2 fav songs where Lana voice soarrrrs and I love how she paired them in the 9 min video.

'Ultra' and 'Honeymoon' are good albums overall. Disapointed with some of the single selections. Salvatore, Pretty when you Cry, Old Money and Black Beauty are amongst her best songs.

'Chemtrails': I only listen to 3-4 of the tracks. The title track is lovely. 

'Blue Ban' is my least fav. It has a couple gems, including Text Book and Dealer.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block