Goldberry: “Christina and Britney were up for Best New Artist at the 2000 #Grammys , but it didn't go the way people may have expected”

On 11/27/2022 at 5:46 PM, thankunext said:

I’m going to say it again. Christina is an artist, singer and songwriter. Since 2001 she’s been doing what she wants. As a person and artist she has had more success. In the end nobody cares about 3 or 4 number ones in the US. Meanwhile Britney is a puppet since 1999 and has nothing

Excuse me? Why the hell are u here then? 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
On 11/27/2022 at 10:17 PM, Sia said:

And yet, Christina continued to make a living for herself (more than what I’m sure any of us have in our lives), released music on her terms, became a mother and continues to live life on her own terms.

We can flash Britney’s PAST accolades all we want but at the end of the day, does any of it matter? Look at her now…reduced to controversy and struggles, posting nude pics and stirring up drama from bitter memories.

So who exactly is the “loser” here?

Fans who continue to downplay Christina and cling on to Britney’s legacy remind me of those people who peak in high school then fall into oblivion and can’t seem to get out of their high school prom queen world.

She literally has a hit song now.

Past accolades?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Body ache said:

Well whatever she's doing it's obviously not working and hasn't been working for decades. There are many real artists who are actually successful so what is Xtina doing wrong? Especially in this time where vocalists like Adele, Billie, Olivia are actually thriving instead of producing dance hits. Is she too ahead of her time again? :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle: Also if she is constantly saying that her albums are ahead of their time when they flop then that means she cares about the charts so she's not this real artist that you make her out to be.

Billie and Olivia are not vocalists though. A good exmaple would be Ariana, who relies on her s** appeal and dance hits. Christina isnt even trying to create a hit or have a huge pop star career. 

Your arguments are so dumb even I a none Christina fan feel the need to defend her.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, fays1 said:

Billie and Olivia are not vocalists though. A good exmaple would be Ariana, who relies on her s** appeal and dance hits. Christina isnt even trying to create a hit or have a huge pop star career. 

Your arguments are so dumb even I a none Christina fan feel the need to defend her.

Bille and Olivia don't rely on production, they rely on their vocals for hits so they are vocalists. If Xtina didn't rely on hits then why did she feature on other trendy artists' singles to get hits? Why did she ride on Britney's coattail always bringing her name up for clout and copying her albums?

17 minutes ago, Body ache said:

Bille and Olivia don't rely on production, they rely on their vocals for hits so they are vocalists. If Xtina didn't rely on hits then why did she feature on other trendy artists' singles to get hits? Why did she ride on Britney's coattail always bringing her name up for clout and copying her albums?

But in all seriousness and it will b

Happen, Can billie work with other people, not just her brother. 

I mean Janet was finally able beginning with 2004's Damita Jo,finally not able to rely on Jimmy jam and Terry Lewis,  she did go back to them on her snoozefest of an album called unbreakable,,which I hope black diamond won't be one long ballad.

But I am saying can billie work with other people,  eventually she will be asked if she's scared to work with anybody other than Finneass.

On 11/27/2022 at 12:46 PM, thankunext said:

I’m going to say it again. Christina is an artist, singer and songwriter. Since 2001 she’s been doing what she wants. As a person and artist she has had more success. In the end nobody cares about 3 or 4 number ones in the US. Meanwhile Britney is a puppet since 1999 and has nothing

Why the F are you even on this site if you feel this way about Britney? This is literally her number one fan site (they tossed in other music topics on here but it is predominantly a Britney Spears fan site). You’re annoying. Go away troll to the cave whence you came. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, Body ache said:

No. I'm saying she shouts in all her songs which is why she can't go #1. She is too stubborn to change her style to go with the times because she thinks she is god and whenever she flops she says that it was ahead of its time when it is really dated af.

I enjoy most of her music regardless of how badly it flopped, I truly believe some of her eras (Bionic) were handled really badly, but I agree with this.

As somebody said, she has a million dollar-gift and five cent knowledge of how to use it. Her ego is/was so massive she never bothered to learn how to combine her style with proper technique in order to preserve her voice. Wasted potential.

She also seems to be content with flopping, although this is out of her control at this point.

I will never miss an opportunity to drag her technique or albums that were certified corrosion. This is what real fans do. :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

• Love 1
On 11/28/2022 at 4:46 AM, thankunext said:

An artist, singer and songwriter who can't even write, sing, or produce.
For years she's been putting out terrible albums.

All her concepts are pretty cool, i'll give her that.
But you can't just stock 20 fillers and call them concept albums.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block