Goldberry: “Christina and Britney were up for Best New Artist at the 2000 #Grammys , but it didn't go the way people may have expected”

6 hours ago, Emil87 said:

Ok but by whom? Who besides her fanbase refers to her as the voice of the generation?

And how exactly has it changed since back then? For gods sakes, flukes like Milli Vanilli and Baha Men won Grammys but actual legendary acts like Diana Ross, Queen, Tupac, and Jimi Hendrix have none. The Grammys were always bulls**t. 

Yeah I dont like the Grammys, im simply saying they care about vocals more than dance. Do they suck and most of it is bull****? yes

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Emil87 said:

Ok but by whom? Who besides her fanbase refers to her as the voice of the generation?

And how exactly has it changed since back then? For gods sakes, flukes like Milli Vanilli and Baha Men won Grammys but actual legendary acts like Diana Ross, Queen, Tupac, and Jimi Hendrix have none. The Grammys were always bulls**t. 

Adele is the voice of a generation: the Millennials like me. 

3 hours ago, fays1 said:

Best new artist at the grammys isnt about popularity and who will succeed more, its about awknowledging new artists with great talent. 

Christina is this generation voice, and one of the best voices ever, and considering the Grammys care about vocals, it make sense that Christina won over Britney.

But also, why are you thinking about Christina? And reading the comments, you guys sound like mentally ill children!

Xtina's only good song and biggest solo hit is a song that she doesn't shout in. I think that says enough about your so called voice of this generation :xcuseme_mad_say_what_hmm_confused:

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Emil87 said:

Rolling stone magazine,  she was the only artist from her generation as the top female vocalists,remember she was dubbed the next Mariah Carey for her generation, only one problem..

She was born in 1980, she and mimi are both generation x, that comment back fired since Rolling stone was never respectful to mimi at all. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, DougFromBrazilIsBack said:

Adele is the voice of a generation: the Millennials like me. 

I've noticed people are loving 30, more than Renaissance and are tired of Adele being called a flop,saying she allowed 30 to flop, it could go diamond. But Vegas needed her whole attention,  the roll out was very similar to 25, but Vegas was bad.  

Apparently very bad to Adele a water fountain and very to much like Celine dion..

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, mr. ferret said:

Oh please, nobody gives a flying **** about Christina Aguilera in South America.

Here in Brazil her last hit was Ain't no other Man and she is known by my generation as a ***** because when she came to Brazil she made a very bad impression on the MTV presenters who were very popular with the public. Later, already during the decadence after Bionic, she gave an interview to one of the biggest TV news programs where she became a meme due to her recurrent dislike.

Search for "came in without saying hello and left without saying goodbye".

The generation after mine doesn't even know who she is.

Now she comes with this super fake Latin era even though her only Latin tie is from her father who she hated. She is not Latina and never will be, it is the same thing as me saying I am Italian because my great grandfather was.

American artists like her, Selena and JLO get on my nerves when they come with this Latino thing, releasing generic and cheap works to supposedly pay homage to their roots, bull****.

ngl you seem a bit bothered by Mrs. Aguilera’s international success

:billie_eilish_green_chuckle_cackle_lol_lmao_haha_hehe_laugh:

• Haha 4
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Body ache said:

Xtina's only good song and biggest solo hit is a song that she doesn't shout in. I think that says enough about your so called voice of this generation :xcuseme_mad_say_what_hmm_confused:

She has a lot of good songs. A hit doesn’t mean it’s a good song, same as a flop doesn’t mean it’s a bad song.

At least she (co)writes all of her songs so she can be proud of them. She’s proud of her craft.

can Britney say that? ‘It’s just a song’. Although I like Britneys music more, she is a product.

• Love 2
  • Haha 2
  • Like 2

christina is an amazing singer and a brilliant, iconic artist. that's undeniable and whoever tries to deny it is just delusional.

nevertheless, britney is way more legendary. she changed the pop game forever multiple times. and for those saying that xtina is in a much better place now than britney, which is also true, that's not a fair comparison. xtina wasn't abused by the media and her family for nearly two decades. britney had way more power than her and for that reason alone she was bullied, humiliated and reduced to a puppet by those around her. of course she's in a much more difficult place than xtina, she's been a victim of fame, success and an abusive inner circle. 

in any case, these stan wars are tiring and outdated. let's enjoy these two women iconic music and careers and be grateful we got to enjoy their work since we were young. 

• Love 6
  • Like 1
45 minutes ago, thankunext said:

She has a lot of good songs. A hit doesn’t mean it’s a good song, same as a flop doesn’t mean it’s a bad song.

At least she (co)writes all of her songs so she can be proud of them. She’s proud of her craft.

can Britney say that? ‘It’s just a song’. Although I like Britneys music more, she is a product.

Britney co wrote many of her songs that she didn't take credit for. Anything post Blackout doesn't count. You can't base the voice of a generation purely on vocals. Taylor Swift isn't a vocalist yet she is considered the actual voice of this generation. There are other attributes that make an artist influential. Xtina doesn't have them and if she did her attitude ruined it. She isn't a flop artist because she was featured on many hit singles with many big named artists yet she produced flops on her own. There's only so many chances you get as an artist. There's something that people aren't clicking with her solo efforts and she needs to hang the coat before she is considered a feature artist. She had a good run riding on Britney's coattail after starting out her career as a Britney bot. She tried transitioning into doing her own thing and it didn't work so bye.

receipts-thrown.gif

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Emil87 said:

Christina has a great voice no doubt but you can’t be this generations voice when your solo career peaked in 2006 (and I’m being generous), Im sorry. And if the Grammys cared so much about vocals, why does Beyonce have more than Whitney, Mariah, Celine, and Christina combined? They were/are all better vocalists. 

Christina is not and will never be a better vocalist than Beyoncé full stop. Christina sings with a technique she invented herself while Beyoncé sings with a classical technique that she modified in order to sing contemporary music. I may be a Fighter but I am not delusional like most of her fans.

• Haha 3
8 hours ago, fays1 said:

So you are saying for her to have a good voice, she has to reach number 1 while screaming? lol 

No. I'm saying she shouts in all her songs which is why she can't go #1. She is too stubborn to change her style to go with the times because she thinks she is god and whenever she flops she says that it was ahead of its time when it is really dated af.

• Haha 2
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Body ache said:

No. I'm saying she shouts in all her songs which is why she can't go #1. She is too stubborn to change her style to go with the times because she thinks she is god and whenever she flops she says that it was ahead of its time when it is really dated af.

Thats how Christina enjoys singing, she tried changing it many times but couldnt enjoy it, because shes a real artist, she doesnt want to ruin the experience for herself just to get a #1 song. Your criticism is very weight, your trying too hard.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, fays1 said:

Thats how Christina enjoys singing, she tried changing it many times but couldnt enjoy it, because shes a real artist, she doesnt want to ruin the experience for herself just to get a #1 song. Your criticism is very weight, your trying too hard.

Well whatever she's doing it's obviously not working and hasn't been working for decades. There are many real artists who are actually successful so what is Xtina doing wrong? Especially in this time where vocalists like Adele, Billie, Olivia are actually thriving instead of producing dance hits. Is she too ahead of her time again? :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle: Also if she is constantly saying that her albums are ahead of their time when they flop then that means she cares about the charts so she's not this real artist that you make her out to be.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, DougFromBrazilIsBack said:

What is so special about her music that was ahead of time? The only songs from her that I enjoyed after she released Back To Basics was Your Body. 

I don't know. Fighters live in another dimension. Her most distinct albums were BtB and Stripped. The rest were as generic as generic can be

• Love 2
On 11/27/2022 at 1:46 PM, thankunext said:

I’m going to say it again. Christina is an artist, singer and songwriter. Since 2001 she’s been doing what she wants. As a person and artist she has had more success. In the end nobody cares about 3 or 4 number ones in the US. Meanwhile Britney is a puppet since 1999 and has nothing

Has nothing?

Care to post a copy of your resume?

:mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block