From the Bottom of My Broken Heart - Appreciation thread

Objectively I can say it's good but subjectively I hate it lmao. Probably left over from child hood. I skipped it every time I was watching a tour performance lol. And I remember 10 or however year old me hating the music video too. 

In general I've never really been a ballad person. Though I think everytime and blur are fantastic.

1 hour ago, Emil87 said:

Great vocals, beautiful vocals.
I also didn’t really like it as a child, but I’ve grown to appreciate it. That said, it was her first kinda flop single and tbh it is kinda forgettable. Even Britney and her label forgot about it as it wasn’t even included on the GH album. :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

It was not a flop in terms of charting it was at #14 in the US higher charting than Sometimes, Lucky, Slave and her highest charting Ballad. As well apparently it sold 1 million copies. 

In terms of longevity it’s a ballad from the 90s and Britney isn’t really known for ballads. 

I love this song because whenever I play for the locals they are surprised Britney can sing. Love the lower voice singing. It shows she has a decently strong voice. 

17 minutes ago, HeavenOnExhale said:

It was not a flop in terms of charting it was at #14 in the US higher charting than Sometimes, Lucky, Slave and her highest charting Ballad. As well apparently it sold 1 million copies. 

Thanks, I wasn’t aware it charted that high. I just never heard it on the radio so maybe that’s why I thought it kinda flopped.

And I agree, her voice sounds so luscious on the song, a perfect mix of strong and sweet. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.