Dove Cameron releases sultry new song ‘Bad Idea’

Style.

17 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

No, not really.

The song is currently featured in 'Teen Beats' playlist with 6 million streams

OT: It's really so good! :rihannayas_weave_pull_cocky_smirk_proud: Hope it gets bigger

I like the song too!

But she deleted her songs pre-Boyfriend (which I loved) cause she probably wanted Boyfriend too look like it's her debut single since she's mainstream now

But her songs after Boyfriend had the same amount of success as her old ones

I like dove. I love the vibe she give off ( I wouldn't mind britney return to have some of vibe and choices dove doing like blonde to black hair, sultry look)

I was out of disney by the time she arrive but hear of her and that she had a good voice, plus the story of her dad sad

I decide to listen to her first solo music when I heard she was sign to Columbia records ( Joint Venture with Disruptior Records)

I listen to her bloodshot/waste ep and thought it was ok ( I like bloodshot) I see the potential for her plus having come from disney she have a solid fan base.

The next couple of songs she released I wasn't  feeling but alot her core fan were liking so I thought she still going strong plus she had a show with marvel and still doing thing disney.

A lit time later after seeing her new look with jet black hair and the snippet of boyfriend, ok I might need to check out her music again

I like boyfriend when i first, the kinda haunting-edgey-seduction feel to the song had me intrigued, then watch some her live performances of the song as now become more of fan and excited to see her a new artist to enjoy 

I like breakfast as much as I like bloodshot ( put on from time to time but not big on rotation)

Now to the latest single: Bad Idea

After a few rotation of the song over the month I like it just as much as boyfriend. I can see it being just as successful as boyfriend but her where think things have not gone right with the promotion of doves latest singles

A Big problem to me is not strong radio play for the songs

Boyfriend : Reach number 16 on the hot 100, has gone platinum in the us, only was push on adult contemporary radio in the us

Had good like preformances to promote the song(  Glaad Awards, Ellen, Jimmy fallon, BBC Radio Lounge, VMA medley and Amas)

But boyfriend could've still gotten higher on the charts if columbia/disruptor had much on radio in the us like

Contemporary Hit Radio

Hot Adult Contemporary Radio

Top 40 Radio

The song could've peak in the top 10 of the 100 and gone 3x Platnium 

Breakfast: Didn't get no radio push really, No live performances besides her shows and the vma medley, didn't even make it on to the hot 100

Radio should've been:

Contemporary Hit Radio

Modern AC Radio

Hot AC Radio

Rhythmic/ Crossover Radio 

The song could've peak in the top 15 close to the top 10 on the hot 100, could've  gone platnium 

Bad Idea: Again no radio push, no live performances . To me it can become equal or more successful than boyfriend on the charts if promotion could've gone/ can go like this

Performances:

EMA'S (should've had a medley of breakfast/bad idea)

AMA'S ( Bad Idea with a little snippet of boyfriend, she got to promote the late single)

Kelly Clarkson( she should've perform Bad Idea, then a duet version of boyfriend with kelly)

Jimmy Kimmel ( bad idea, intreview with jimmy)

Radio:

Comtempary Hit Radio

Modern AC Radio

Hot AC Radio

Top 40 Radio

Adult Contempary Radio

Rhythmic Radio

Bad Idea could be in the top 10 of the hot 100 and reach 3x Platnium

It all comes to radio and some promotional choices to me why the single aren't doing well on the charts but dove in talented and gots momentum right now

Basic other songs that have been preview for album or ep( look up live on youtube and the web )

Girl Like Me

I know something you dont 

Do The Math

Made You Up In My head

Dozen Roses

Life Without Me

I think dove could be very successful going into 2023 releasing album or ep as long as she has a good radio deal for singles and great TV live perfomances( billboard, I heart radio, pcas, gma, late night shows) she could have a successful year

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block