Kylie Minogue Eying 12-Week Las Vegas Residency (Report)

Zach F

According to a new report, Kylie Minogue is set to follow in the footsteps of stars such as Shania Twain, Celine Dion, Britney Spears and, most recently, Adele by launching a residency in Sin City.

The "Can't Get You Out Of My Head" pop titan is said to be considering a 12-week residency, and it comes with a major pay-out.

Kylie's rumored residency could result in a payday totaling more than $100 million, according to The Sun.

Both Caesar's Palace and Planet Hollywood are said to be interested in booking the star, though nothing is confirmed yet.

"Kylie visited a few venues in the summer, and numerous meetings have since been held," a source told the outlet. "It's a no brainer for Kylie - easy money, and no touring. Everyone involved is hugely excited about the prospect."

• Love 3

A blatant lie. There's just not enough demand for Kylie in the US hence why she's only toured in the US once before iirc. The best she can do is sellout a couple of dates, but not a 12-week residency in Vegas. 

And a $100 million paycheck for Kylie for those 12 weeks? Yeah sure. :didilie_nicki_lmao_laugh_haha_lol_hehe_cackle_minaj_hat: To put things into perspective, Katy - who's had like 15 huge hits in the US - barely grossed $20 million with her residency so far, and she's been doing it since 2021...

• Love 1
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, Stefani said:

A blatant lie. There's just not enough demand for Kylie in the US hence why she's only toured in the US once before iirc. The best she can do is sellout a couple of dates, but not a 12-week residency in Vegas. 

And a $100 million paycheck for Kylie for those 12 weeks? Yeah sure. :didilie_nicki_lmao_laugh_haha_lol_hehe_cackle_minaj_hat: To put things into perspective, Katy - who's had like 15 huge hits in the US - barely grossed $20 million with her residency so far, and she's been doing it since 2021...

There’s no comparison between Kylie and Katy Perry, and a residency in Las Vegas isn’t a US tour. Las Vegas attracts visitors from around the world, not just the US, and Kylie has massive global appeal. I think a Kylie show would smash in Vegas

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, tumblinmoneys said:

There’s no comparison between Kylie and Katy Perry, and a residency in Las Vegas isn’t a US tour. Las Vegas attracts visitors from around the world, not just the US, and Kylie has massive global appeal. I think a Kylie show would smash in Vegas

Exactly. Doing Vegas instead of touring is because of tourists coming all over the world 

4 hours ago, tumblinmoneys said:

You honestly think that people from outside the US are going to flock to Las Vegas from halfway across the world and pay for lodging and tickets just to see a Kylie Minogue residency? In this economy that's close to falling into recession and shows no signs of improving? And when there are like a dozen other residencies by bigger artists in Vegas that people would be more likely to attend? Or when they could just wait for Kylie to tour closer to home in the future?

And how the hell would her residency make $100 million in 12 weeks? That's 84 days. Her biggest tour ever in 2008 only made $70 million and she had to do 74 shows WW in 4 continents for that, in places where she was actually in-demand. She'd have to perform basically every night and sell out every residency date in order to even make half of that if she's lucky, and even merchandise sales probably wouldn't make up for the rest. I'm sorry but y'all are mistaken if you really think this would work in Vegas. 

And I love how y'all ignored that The Sun reported this first. Why would anyone believe anything they report...?

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Stefani said:

You honestly think that people from outside the US are going to flock to Las Vegas from halfway across the world and pay for lodging and tickets just to see a Kylie Minogue residency? In this economy that's close to falling into recession and shows no signs of improving? And when there are like a dozen other residencies by bigger artists in Vegas that people would be more likely to attend? Or when they could just wait for Kylie to tour closer to home in the future?

And how the hell would her residency make $100 million in 12 weeks? That's 84 days. Her biggest tour ever in 2008 only made $70 million and she had to do 74 shows WW in 4 continents for that, in places where she was actually in-demand. She'd have to perform basically every night and sell out every residency date in order to even make half of that if she's lucky, and even merchandise sales probably wouldn't make up for the rest. I'm sorry but y'all are mistaken if you really think this would work in Vegas. 

And I love how y'all ignored that The Sun reported this first. Why would anyone believe anything they report...?

Nobody said that people would come across the world JUST for Kylie. Have you been to Vegas? Do You know tickets sell up to the day of the event? With most tickets actually selling the day of? yeah, people visiting would jump at the chance to see Kylie. 
i live in Vegas. I see it every day lol, I can tell you that travel is up in this city. Inflation or not, people are here to party, gamble, and be entertained. It’s been a lot busier lately, granted it was just Thanksgiving yesterday, but in general, more people have been coming. And this is probably the city that had the most travel happening immediately after lockdown. 
Idk what kind of shows you think are happening out here 😂😂 but there’s an audience for EVERYTHING. International pop icon Kylie Minogue would have NO problem here. Robbie Williams even had a residency before the pandemic hit, so they’ve been branching out to cater to a larger international audience anyway. This could actually be a good idea. Just saying. 

-Vegas is in the U.S., yes, but we do things differently here… IYKYK, IYD… 🤷🏼‍♀️

-Yes the sun is 95% garbage, but sometimes they put out relevant garbage. 🤷🏼‍♀️ If you do a quick search, you’ll find that Daily Mail, the Mirror, Entertainment Tonight (Canada), Metro UK, and many others, also ran similar stories. I wouldn’t be surprised to hear something official soon. 

and please leave Katy out of this - as long as her show has been running here I’ve literally not heard of one person wanting to go see Play… bless her. I guess she really fizzled with GP after Witness. 🤷🏼‍♀️ But she’s out here, so good for her.

:tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

10 minutes ago, Malibu.D.Luxx said:

and please leave Katy out of this - as long as her show has been running here I’ve literally not heard of one person wanting to go see Play… bless her. I guess she really fizzled with GP after Witness. 🤷🏼‍♀️ But she’s out here, so good for her.

:tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

Sorry I misspoke.

I forgot Derrick Berry went.

:jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block