BBC Expells Chuu from LOONA; UPDATE: Chuu Responds

stanLOONA

Chuu2.jpg

BlockBerryCreative has announced Chuu’s removal from LOONA. The girl group debuted in a unique way back in 2016. Each member debuted as a soloist first, then as part of a unit and finally as a full 12-member girl group in 2018. Chuu was the 10th member to debut and was part of the unit yyxy (youth youth by young).

In early 2022, it was reported that Chuu allegdly filed a lawsuit against the company to release her from her contract, in mid of promotions of the group for the television show Queendom, which final goal was to attract new fans for the group. It was also rumored that the company did not pay Chuu for her solo promotions since debut.

Then, in June it was reported that Chuu signed with a new agency, and in October that she created her own agency, all denied by BBC.

Today, they expressed that they removed Chuu because of "violent language and misuse of power toward our staff".

Full statement:

Spoiler

Hello. This is BlockBerryCreative.

We are releasing a statement to notify fans that we have decided that our agency artist Chuu will be expelled and withdrawn as a member of LOONA as of November 25, 2022.

There have been lots of speculations about LOONA’s Chuu this past year, but the agency and the LOONA members did not release any statements in order to not cause trouble with the group’s growth or cause concern to fans.

With the LOONA members’ affection for the team and consideration for their fans, rather than say what is true or not, they tried to express their feelings by putting in their best efforts for performances and content.

However, after recently being told of Chuu’s violent language and misuse of power toward our staff, the truth was found upon investigation. Agency representatives are apologizing and comforting staff, and we have decided to take responsibility for this and remove Chuu from LOONA.

First of all, we officially apologize to the staff who have been greatly hurt by this incident, and we will put in our full effort so they can now heal and focus on treatment and then return to their normal lives.

We apologize to the fans who have loved and supported LOONA until now and ask for your sincere forgiveness in not being able to have 12 members together until the end.

The agency and LOONA will return to our roots and work as hard as possible so an incident like this never happens again in the future no matter what. The LOONA members did not work only for their individual gains, and they know what fans have given them to bring them to this point, so they did not do anything to cause trouble to the team. They will make it to the end and give back for the love from everyone who supports LOONA.

Also, the agency and the LOONA members will act with respect and gratitude toward all of the staff who work with us. The agency will do everything possible to give back for the staff’s sacrifices and devotion so something like this never happens again. We once again bow our heads in apology to the involved staff and the fans for causing trouble with this incident.

Source: Soompi

UPDATE: Chuu Personally Responds

She took her personal Instagram account to respond to the accusations. 

Hello, this is Chuu.

Thank you so much for your concern and comfort.

As I have not received any contact regarding this series of situations or know anything about them, I’m currently grasping the situation, but what I’m sure of is that I haven’t done anything that would be shameful to my fans. In the future, as my position is decided, I will share another statement.

Thank you so much for your concern and for trusting in me.

Source: Soompi

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, aoki.loid said:

i’m guessing this is another idol company who’s trying 2 play victim when they put their idols in bad contracts :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad:

The group has managed to build a very solid fanbase among Western listeners, but the members are essentially nobodies in Korea, except for Chuu (the girl in question) who has recently become popular by appearing on variety shows. I'm guessing they stole her money, and she got sick of it because at the end of the day, she was the one making all that money herself without the name of her group or company in the picture.

23 hours ago, aoki.loid said:

i’m guessing this is another idol company who’s trying 2 play victim when they put their idols in bad contracts :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad:

It looks like it, the statement is too wild, mostly because Chuu seems to be the most sweet person. We don't know what happens behind the scenes, but it's so wild.

22 hours ago, i sometimes sing live said:

It's giving hissy fit and smear campaign. Hope she sues BlockBerry for defamation and they finally go under because they have been horrible since day 1. And Loona's music hasn't been the same since Jaden's departure anyways. :rip_dead_grave_mariah_graveyard_flowers_rip: Thoughts on tripleS, though? So far, their music has been incredible, and I couldn't be happier Loona's OG sound can live on. :bouncey:

Sadly, I became aware of them as a group, I didn't follow the pre-debut process because... I didn't knew! LMAO

But I was hooked with their debut, then with [X X] but [#] was my last cup of tea, after that I think they lost "their" sound, unique sound that made them different. Like, Voice was the most LOONA sound ever, and it was buried as a b-side.

tripleS, idk, they seem too young to me, like I have a hard time with NewJeans and their music is beyond amazing.

• Love 1

I'm so so so happy :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

Finally!!! karma hits Orbits for being trash all these years, y'all literally bullied every fandom (You made Queendom2 a very awful experience to other people), were misogynistic to every other kpop girl group, invented nasty things about some idols, you finally got what you deserve!!

mariah-carey-cheers.gif

At the end BBC will go bankrupt without Chuu money, and LOONA will disband :whiteladydance_scarlett_dancing_happy_johansson:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block