Why wasn't 'Dont Go Knockin' on My Door' a single? Can we talk about it?

This song is iconic. 

Oops I Did It Again GIF by Britney Spears

Why was this not a single? It would have slayed the charts. :leaving_tiffany_pollard_walk_away_leaving_bye_walking_out_pink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_bag:

Baby One More Time Dancing GIF by Britney Spears

It has that hot Destiny's Child vibe or N'Sync vibe. It's so 90s/early 2000s and her VOCALS!!!

Oops I Did It Again Dancing GIF by Britney Spears

Her second record had some of her best vocals of her career. Brit isn't just a ******* entertainer. She's a vocalist. 

Circus Dancing GIF by Britney Spears

britney spears GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

The runs and ad-libs in 'Don't Go Knockin' on My Door' give me life sis :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Stare Stronger Music Video GIF by Britney Spears

And can we talk about the random phone Convo with her and her friend that leads into 'I Can't Get No Satisfaction' ??? :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:it gave me @AmandaLickand talking about guys on the phone 🤳 :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:

Oh I Get It Britney Spears GIF

Imagine the music video for this track. I see Britney dancing in a warehouse party wearing a pink blazer with strings on it and black pants and sneakers, the dancers wearing all black and they are dancing very fast. Her love interest would have been Chad Michael Murray. 

Baby One More Time Dancing GIF by Britney Spears

Do you visualize a video for this too? How do you feel about this song. Let's discuss. 

also Happy Holidays 💗

• Love 6

There should have been a fifth single and it should have been “Don’t Go Knockin”, “What U See Is What U Get”, or “Can’t Make You Love Me”. All had hit potential but out of the three, “Don’t Go Knockin on My Door” sounded more mature with its RnB influences and would have helped ease her transition into the “Britney” era. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Emil87 said:

There should have been a fifth single and it should have been “Don’t Go Knockin”, “What U See Is What U Get”, or “Can’t Make You Love Me”. All had hit potential but out of the three, “Don’t Go Knockin on My Door” sounded more mature with its RnB influences and would have helped ease her transition into the “Britney” era. 

Completely agree 

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block