How would people react if Britney sang a song live in 2022 and absolutely ate that?

I'm a dreamer, I love to dream, I know it's impossible but can u imagine? :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

That'd be actually interesting to see her just standing and singing live, her voice is full of emotions :bouncey: 

I'm curious what would we get after like weeks of her training the song and being determined to sing it live as good as she can :bouncey:

Imagine her actually being really good :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom: How would people react? 

335c86729d7373085c200809c8de0780.jpg

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Alex Murr said:

she did it in 2017 (Somethin' to talk about)

and it was something commented only among pop fans.

well if she went on stage for a award show or televised event it will gather a larger audience 

Something to talk about was for her show and one time only (im adding you oughta know from circus tour here too)

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Britney was so bullied in the media with the lipsync thing, that they kinda hypnotized the general public around the world and they by heart believe Britney is a terrible singer just because of that, not because her voice is awful. Sure, she's not the best vocalist, but she's definitely more than a decent singer. If you listen to her songs, there's no denying she has a melodic tone and it's even technical. 

So, I believe no matter if Britney sings live at the Super Bowl and ate the song, people will still say she can't sing. :parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

• Love 3
  • Like 2
13 minutes ago, tommy_boy said:

Britney was so bullied in the media with the lipsync thing

...she got what she deserved :shhh_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_quiet_2008_circus: I don't understand how she always got away with it, she was the only artist that perfomance concerts completely playback, I mean, I know she has a good voice, but they chose never to show her vocal skills in important events, so.... how could they praise something they never heard of?

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

Sorry to be cynical but we will never win there. GP will chastise for lip syncing, and they’ll harshly critique if she sings live. I love the way Britney sounds live but I don’t think GP feels the same. Which is fine. Britney has always been falsely labeled manufactured when they don’t know the extent of her performances and what her deep cuts are like. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
43 minutes ago, Alex Murr said:

...she got what she deserved :shhh_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_quiet_2008_circus: I don't understand how she always got away with it, she was the only artist that perfomance concerts completely playback, I mean, I know she has a good voice, but they chose never to show her vocal skills in important events, so.... how could they praise something they never heard of?

That's untrue. Lipsyncing was the standard throughout the late 90's and early 2000's and Britney didn't fully rely on tracks; she either used prerecorded tracks I.e her early tours or sung with the track. During TOH, she sung to the track and did ballads. Post conservatorship concerts are a different story.

The narrative that Britney does nothing but lipsync, while not entirely untrue, particularly for her early career.

• Love 2

"omg she really can sing...what a waste of talent, the conservatorship really did her dirty, i feel sooooo bad for her"

Sadly, people would feel more pity before actually being in awe of her talent. It's a ******* shame, but when you think about it...the conservatorship was successful in accomplishing what they wanted, they dehumanized her in such a way that is completely normal for the world to treat her like a poor failed lab experiment rather than the iconic and super talented woman that she is. 

• Like 1

I think if she worked her *** off on her voice people would be really surprised. There's still a common misconception that she can't sing.

Her voice has been damaged over the years due to smoking for sure, but you can always train your voice. I think with a good coach she could go far.

People would be shocked I believe.

Not to mention she also lip synced her entire career so its not as if peoples assumptions are not grounded in reality.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Alex Murr said:

She get away with it because
-She really dance so hard and every song has it unique choreography
-for every show she sings at least one ballad live (except for POM)
-She is legendary with a hell of catalogue
-She is Miss Britney Spears
-People already knew that she doesn't sing live and they still pay to see her 
She doesn't sing live  might be due:
-She was forced not do so (she said so many times that she wish she could sing song acappella with her only standing infornt of the mic)
-She perfers to dance rather than singing live
-She is lazy

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Henry. said:

I'm a dreamer, I love to dream, I know it's impossible but can u imagine? :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

That'd be actually interesting to see her just standing and singing live, her voice is full of emotions :bouncey: 

I'm curious what would we get after like weeks of her training the song and being determined to sing it live as good as she can :bouncey:

Imagine her actually being really good :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom: How would people react? 

335c86729d7373085c200809c8de0780.jpg

She sang live during the FF tour the entire concert but the crazy gay Brazilian fans were screaming so loud over her it was impossible to hear

• Like 1

Maybe you not realizing you are one of them too, what's wrong with that

:clownery_makeup_meme:

Back then she would carry a live performance with her very soulful soft feminine tone so well but now she would probably do a very masculine tone just to show off some power in that, and that comes across as a very anxiety inducing posture coming from her, I like her soft tone more like her old performances for example... I used to find her old live performances so beautiful and touching cause even with some voice shaking here and there and messy technique she would come across as a very genuine transparent person doing her thing and the raw present emotions was there and she was delivering it and we were feeling it, I think no one would say such a thing back then about bad technique and such, nonetheless I think she would do it very well.

4 hours ago, Slim 10 said:

She get away with it because
-She really dance so hard and every song has it unique choreography
-for every show she sings at least one ballad live (except for POM)
-She is legendary with a hell of catalogue
-She is Miss Britney Spears
-People already knew that she doesn't sing live and they still pay to see her 
She doesn't sing live  might be due:
-She was forced not do so (she said so many times that she wish she could sing song acappella with her only standing infornt of the mic)
-She perfers to dance rather than singing live
-She is lazy

She doesn’t dance hard since 2002.

She didn’t sing any ballads live during FF and Circus tour.

Shes a singer and supposed to be singing, but she doesn’t . That’s why people don’t like her 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Alex Murr said:

Britney started to do a lot of shameless playback around 2001 in "Britney" era. My point is, she definitely wasn't the only one doing playback here and there sometimes when she debuted, but for some reason (probably because of her huge success) the media focused only on her. Literally every pop act did playback just as Brit, even worse. :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.