• Onyx Hotel Tour
  2. 2. Which tour had better outfits?

• Dream Within A Dream
    • Onyx Hotel Tour
  3. 3. Which tour had better dancing?

• Dream Within A Dream
    • Onyx Hotel Tour

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/24/2022 at 05:31 PM

I've experience both tours live. Don't comment on the sound mix unless you were there in person. Her band and overall sound was tighter. Her music and choreography became more diverse during onyx. 

Dream within a dream was better technical wise. But onyx was like an M&M tour with a more sensual diverse dream within a dream britney dancing. 

Whats awesome about onyx is that it was somewhat stripped down & less bells and wistles than the previous tour. Therefore, britneys talent had to be displayed front and center...and boy didn't she?!!!

And

• Love 1

Onyx was really something special. Classy and **** at the same time. Great outfits and great numbers. 

But DWAD is a once in a lifetime spectacle. The entire production is insane. An absolute masterpiece. 

the onyx stage was REALLY boring at some locations where they didn’t want to or couldn’t lug all the equipment around. Luckily she and the choreography were so good the show didn’t really suffer because of it, but it lost some of the immersion and spectacle IMO. 

First of all, both are AMAZING tours.

Setlist wise, I think I like Onyx better because I like ITZ better than Britney album.

Outfits wise, I really like both. DWAD had more of a "classic Britney" sense to it with lots of crop tops and pants whereas Onyx brought the leather catsuit, the MATM suit, the underwear section, a more laid back outfit for IGTBB.. I think both tours had really nice outfits. 

Dancing wise, DWAD was a lot more technical and sharper whereas Onyx had more of a relaxed vibe and I think Britney improvised more. 

Production wise, DWAD. No doubt. 

Overall, I think DWAD is the winner because as amazing as Onyx is, I think it was a show targeted at a certain audience, a more "grown up" audience while DWAD offers a show that can be appealing to literally anybody.

Dream within a Dream will always be peak concert Britney in my book. The opening, the costumes, the attitude, the video interludes, the stage, the stunts (I love Rock n’ Roll, Lonely, What it’s Like to Be Me, BOMT), the encore with the rain… it was perfection.

However, I prefer Onyx Hotel. Partially because it’s the one and only Britney show I’ve ever been to… but also because I just prefer the overall vibe and maturity of the show (ironic because I was like 11 when I saw it). I love the set list and the hard hitting choreography.

DWAD was a PRODUCTION. From the staging to the dancing. 

Onyx was BRITNEY. You felt her presence and ownership of the show’s direction. She was so comfortable on that stage and knew exactly what she wanted. 

We also have to keep in mind the swift change in music from DWAD to Onyx. Women in music went from bubble gum pop to a more  pop/rock edgier sound. Britney OWNED it in 2003/2004. 

8 hours ago, Style. said:

This Lonely performance will forever be one of her best. Not only it is a staple in her live tours but it’s the blue print of Beyoncé 2011 Billboard performance. I hate how underrated Britney is at this point.

it's this, actually:

The Onyx Hotel Tour was better purely because it was the most genuine tour. It was Britney being herself and expressing herself more than any other tour. You could really see her personally and the lack of *** given in that tour. I love that she was barefoot and uncensored more so during this tour. The Onyx Hotel Tour was boundary push and a true representation of Britney being herself in her own element. I remember this tour was meant to come to Australia but she met some scumbag who derailed her before allowing that to happen. It Onyx Hotel Tour is the greatest representation of Britney’s persona that deserved to be much bigger than it ended up being. 

The Dream Within A Dream Tour was incredible but too polished and restricting to show the real Britney.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Innate said:

The Onyx Hotel Tour was better purely because it was the most genuine tour. It was Britney being herself and expressing herself more than any other tour. You could really see her personally and the lack of *** given in that tour. I love that she was barefoot and uncensored more so during this tour. The Onyx Hotel Tour was boundary push and a true representation of Britney being herself in her own element. I remember this tour was meant to come to Australia but she met some scumbag who derailed her before allowing that to happen. It Onyx Hotel Tour is the greatest representation of Britney’s persona that deserved to be much bigger than it ended up being. 

The Dream Within A Dream Tour was incredible but too polished and restricting to show the real Britney.

Nail on the head my friend. Onyx was all about Britney showcasing her talent. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block