Blackout or Circus?

Blackout is the blueprint. Not just her best album, but one of the greatest pop albums of all time. In the Zone is also up there, as is Britney for bridging teen pop to more adult dance music.

But Circus is a solid pop album. It’s a bit more uneven but has some great pop moments. It’s no surprise it was one of her greatest successes in single sales and radio. And there were more that could’ve been great. “Mannequin” is a high point for any of her albums, and “Out from Under” has some great replay value. “Shattered Glass” is one of the few times a non-single of hers charted on the Hot 100. There are a couple “clunkers” so to speak, but it’s definitely an album most pop stars (and aspiring stars) would kill to have.

Blackout ALL the way :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

Circus has its moments, but the aesthetics of the album are horrible, a harbinger of everything that came later. 

She looks so uncomfortable in this photoshoot, seems like another Britney... an extremely childish aesthetic. 

I find Circus very ALL over the place. 

There is not much unity in the album and I think that only Circus, If You Seek Amy, Mmm Papi, Lace and Leather and Rock Me in, follow a direction, a concept. Songs like Amnesia, Quicksand, Abroad and Dangerous would be better choices to compose this album IMO. 

If it had been like this it would definitely be my top 3. 

Blackout is perfect, I wouldn't change ANYTHING.

PS

Both covers are horrible, but at least the Blackout one doesn't look like a children's record cover from the 80's :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, UnbrokenExaholic said:

As someone here said before, Blackout is better as a whole piece of album, is more cohesive sonically.

Circus, on the other hand, while it follows an aesthetic and artistic theme, it isn't as cohesive sonically (except for Circus, If U Seek Amy, Lace and Leather and maybe Rock Me In). 

How could I forget Lace and Leather? :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block