I’ve Just Begun (Having My Fun) appreciation

Emil87

GlitterRain
This post was recognized by GlitterRain!

"Thanks for sharing!"

Emil87 was awarded the badge 'Great Support' and 10 points.

Oh why oh why was this never released as a single? Or ever performed live? Or ever acknowledged by Britney?! Don’t get me wrong, “Do Somethin” slaps too, but she’s done it live 50 million times. Why couldn’t she switch it up and perform Ive Just Begun at some point? I mean, it was good enough to be included on the GH album..

Sometimes I delude myself into thinking this is real just to imagine how a live performance would be..

At least it will always be remembered in the iconic “Bridesmaids” flight scene. Anyone else love this song as much as I do??

• Love 5
7 hours ago, i sometimes sing live said:

I added it to Self-Titled since it's from that era anyways. It's not my favorite, but it's a fun time. :bouncey:

Hmm, Im pretty sure it was recorded during or after the ITZ sessions. It’s produced by Bloodshy & Avant and she didn’t start working with them up until that point. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Frankie8 said:

Song is just okay. Very overproduced sounding. The "oh" parts sound odd and detract from the song. It is interesting, though, that she tells the listener it's a song that's a story made up, make-believe.

spacer.png

jk, I respect your opinion. And I have noticed that’s kind of a pattern of hers about the story part.. 

“This is a story about a girl named Lucky”

”This is the story..about Mona Lisa”

What’s interesting to me is that these songs seem to be some of her most autobiographical, and not made up stories at all. Perhaps that’s a way of throwing us off?

• Love 1
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, PablitoXS said:

I love this song soooo much! It should've been a single with video, choreography, be in the standard version, etc, etc. It has the same percussion of Billie Jean and is very catchy.

This is the only time she was on stage while the song was playing:

Agreed!

On a side note, I still can’t believe they really tried to make KFeds rap career happen. When Britney loves, she REALLY loves cuz I would be so embarrassed having to introduce Mr. Popozao to the world.:eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.