I rewatched Framing Britney Spears the other day and I think I get why Britney hates it.

11 minutes ago, alleyesonme393 said:

Agreed and they ALWAYS have to bring up the head shaving and 2007 antics. As if the public doesn’t remember. Nobody needs a reminder of the worst time in her life. I just know she despises when they bring that time period up and I do not blame her at all.

True. But I do think that the worst time of her life were certain periods of the conservatorship, not 2007. Everything was going downhill, but at least she had her freedom to an extent. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, alleyesonme393 said:

they ALWAYS have to bring up the head shaving and 2007 antics. As if the public doesn’t remember. Nobody needs a reminder of the worst time in her life.

To be fair the NYT and Netflix docs have been VERY respectful in keeping it vague when talking about 2007 and haven't actually showed any footage of her most talked about moments from the time...

3 hours ago, adrixnsc said:

I thought the documentary helped her a lot and brought general public´s attention to the #FreeBritney movement at the time, but seeing it now I realised that eveyone involved talked about Lynne like a good-caring mother that only wants happiness for her daughter. Even Felicia talked about her like some kind of protector of Britney.

Now we all know how Britney feels about her mother and all her family, no only her father, so it´s only normal that she feels those documentaries are not accurate or true. There´s much more to her story that only her can tell.

Can I take you on a date? :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

Just for that? I don’t know about that. I think it’s as simple as not wanting your damn business being talked about by other people. Like excuse me who are you lol

Britney has every right to feel how she feels about them. I personally think they helped her. 

They may have helped Rosengart to find out how much she was bullied. As a member of the GP, he probably didn't follow her or listen to pop music. He said he read the article in the NYT.  If the article and "Framing Britney' made up his mind to take her case, then they helped her.

Showing her weak moments ... nobody would like it.  I don't actually remember what was said about her mother. Once Britney discovered how much she was involved in the establishment of the conservatorship, that's when their relationship really broke down.

• Like 1

It had to be done. Although I can see why it's painful for Britney. No one knew how she really felt about the conservatorship even that recently, and with her family saying she was fine with it, they had to be so careful just to report what they heard. The first article NYT did in 2016, asking if she "still" needed one had to finish kind of neutrally.

The documentary was essential, though, in "reframing" Britney Spears, turning the focus to how her image was manipulated in the media, creating the conditions for her imprisonment. I think the filmmakers have been as sensitive as they could be in those circumstances, while still bringing attention to it. It's so hard to shift public perception, and they helped to do that.

5 hours ago, alleyesonme393 said:

Agreed and they ALWAYS have to bring up the head shaving and 2007 antics. As if the public doesn’t remember. Nobody needs a reminder of the worst time in her life. I just know she despises when they bring that time period up and I do not blame her at all.

I'm curious if that isn't touched on how you would do a documentary to talk about Britney being in a C ship and what led up to it?

I think she doesn't want that part of her life drummed up all the time, but it's important to see the entire path that led to her entrapment. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, alleyesonme393 said:

Also the head shaving is always linked with the narrative that she needed a conservatorship. She needed no such thing. Her family used her cship as a way to control her life and more importantly her money, which they have always felt entitled to

9 hours ago, adrixnsc said:

I thought the documentary helped her a lot and brought general public´s attention to the #FreeBritney movement at the time, but seeing it now I realised that eveyone involved talked about Lynne like a good-caring mother that only wants happiness for her daughter. Even Felicia talked about her like some kind of protector of Britney.

Now we all know how Britney feels about her mother and all her family, no only her father, so it´s only normal that she feels those documentaries are not accurate or true. There´s much more to her story that only her can tell.

This is creepy because I did the same thing yesterday (only watched it when it came out) and I thought exactly the same… 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block