Ava Max and Dua Lipa are the only ones keeping Britney era pop alive

Lol times have changed and so did the music landscape. Pop girlies being objectified and objectifying themselves belong to the 2000's, and rightly so. In this woke post-me too era where the public expects quirkiness and authenticity there isn't really a market for explicitly manufactured pop stars like there was 20 years ago. Dua is doing well because she can sing, her image is elegant and curated, never slutty, and her music isn't cheesy; all these things give her credibility with the general public (that's basically the same for Harry Styles).

Ava, Kim Petras, CRJ, Rina, etc., are cool and lovely but they are considered niche artists as they are marketed for specific audiences given the fact that pop music is no longer the leading genre. This also explains why Katy Perry and Gaga have struggled musically in the last half-decade, and why the latter is focusing on strengthening her profile by tapping into other projects to avoid going irrelevant

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, bas che said:

I fail to see the connection.

Ava looks like more Gaga than Britney to me (not that Gaga was original mind you)

Dua Lipa Future Nostalgia was my fav album in 2020 but it didn’t remind me of Britney’s sound at all. 

Dua might be more Like Britney.  

But between Ava Max and Carly Rae Jepsen,  reminding people from Europe and other markets of Kylie Minogue. 

From lyrics and the musical styles very euro centric. 

Yes CRJ worked with Jack Antonoff (where all YouTube blogs are saying he ruined pop music), but she never went into Lana del Rey territory with him,the way he made taylor swift do, so he could go mainstay,  meaning he's one the producers that wants the credit to an entire sound,  instead of just the artist. 

As for Ava, nothing really American about thus American artist,it's all very euro centric especially Scandinavian or Nordic Europe.  

Some of the tracks make me feel like I was listening to Happy Nation era ace of base, that beat is to recognizable,  but not rip off, like how you can find videos putting Alejandro and Don't turn around side by side and hear the exact  same song. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block