If the ‘Britney: Piece of Me’ Residency had never happened would had Britney Jean still flopped?

Style.

We have to give props to ‘Britney: Piece of Me’ residency merely because of its game changer effect that had towards pop culture, with many contemporary singers following in Britney’s footsteps. However, this gig came in with serious backlash; a lot of critics and fandoms bashing Britney’s chart power.  

Notable mentions 
Britney Jean is gold and has 400 million streams on Spotify. 
Work B is 2x platinum 

If the ‘Britney: Piece of Me’ Residency had never happened would had Britney Jean still flopped?
spacer.png

8 minutes ago, PickleSpears said:

If they had truly promoted it then maybe it wouldn't have flopped as hard but I don't see it being a huge hit. They def used the whole BJ era to promote Vegas and barely cared that there was an album. 

I mean, Britney was pretty much everywhere when Britney Jean came out. They’ve done promo for both the album and the residency. What went wrong? :rip_dead_grave_mariah_graveyard_flowers_rip:

3 hours ago, Style. said:

We have to give props to ‘Britney: Piece of Me’ residency merely because of its game changer effect that had towards pop culture, with many contemporary singers following in Britney’s footsteps. However, this gig came in with serious backlash; a lot of critics and fandoms bashing Britney’s chart power.  

Notable mentions 
Britney Jean is gold and has 400 million streams on Spotify. 
Work B is 2x platinum 

spacer.png

I think apart from poor production the problem was album was available to listen on for free a week before the release. As the album was bad, GP heard it and didn’t but it.

even if album was not available for listening it would have sold 200k plus copies!

Also, even through perfume flipped, the third single should have been released..either Tik tok boon or It should be easy, which would have given a bit more hype! They worse part was Iam Britney Jean was released after the album which should have been released before to generate more hype!

so overall the marketing was disaster 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block