GLAAD Calls Candace Cameron Bure ‘Irresponsible’ for Her Comments on LGBTQ Couples

Zach F

GLAAD has released a statement in response to the comments that Candace Cameron Bure made about LGBTQ couples not having a place in GAC Family movies.

Candace recently left the Hallmark Channel and signed a new deal with the channel GAC Family, where she will be serving as Chief Creative Officer. While opening up about the network's upcoming slate of Christmas movies, she confirmed there will be not same-s** couples featured in the movies. “I think that Great American Family will keep traditional marriage at the core,” Candace she told WSJ. Magazine.

Several stars have already spoken out to slam her comments and her Full House co-star Jodie Sweetin is even letting her voice be heard.

Now, the leading LGBTQ+ organization GLAAD has released a statement.

GLAAD’s President and CEO Sarah Kate Ellis said: “It's irresponsible and hurtful for Candace Cameron Bure to use tradition as a guise for exclusion. I’d love to have a conversation with Bure about my wife, our kids, and our family’s traditions. Bure is out of sync with a growing majority of people of faith, including LGBTQ people of faith, who know that LGBTQ couples and families are deserving of love and visibility. As the company's Chief Creative Officer, her statement is harmful and insulting to LGBTQ employees, as well as employees with LGBTQ friends and family. If GAC Family’s plan is to intentionally exclude stories about LGBTQ couples, then actors, advertisers, cable and streaming platforms, and production companies should take note and seriously consider whether they want to be associated with a network that holds exclusion as one of its values.”

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block