‘The Princess Diaries 3′ In the Works at Disney, Anne Hathaway Expected to Return

Zach F

GlitterRain
This post was recognized by GlitterRain!

"Love this! Thank you for sharing this iconic information with us!"

Zach F was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 10 points.

Disney is in the works on a third The Princess Diaries movie and some details have been revealed!

The first movie was released in 2001 and became a smash hit, grossing $165.3 million at the global box office and becoming a classic film that turned Anne Hathaway into a star.

The movie was based on the novel by Meg Cabot and followed an American teenager living in San Francisco who learns that she is heir to the throne of Genovia, a fictional country in Europe. The sequel, The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement, was released in 2004.

The Hollywood Reporter has revealed that Aadrita Mukerji, who has worked on TV shows like Supergirl and Reacher, will be writing the screenplay. Debra Martin Chase, who produced the first two movies, will return to produce the third film.

The report states that the movie will be "a continuation of the Anne Hathaway-led series of films rather than a reboot."

There is no deal for Anne to return for the third movie yet, but she has publicly stated interest in the project and "the hope is she would return should the potential new film move forward beyond the script stage."

No word yet about Julie Andrews being involved!

I hope it’s less juvenile than the second film. Her bachelorette party was a slumber party with teen girls?! Like I get it’s Disney and she wasn’t going to go to Chip n Dales, but they made her act more like a child in the second film than the first film (where she was playing a child). 
But it has to have both Julie and Anne or I won’t be checking for it. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

I hope it’s less juvenile than the second film. Her bachelorette party was a slumber party with teen girls?! Like I get it’s Disney and she wasn’t going to go to Chip n Dales, but they made her act more like a child in the second film than the first film (where she was playing a child). 
But it has to have both Julie and Anne or I won’t be checking for it. 

She was this wholesome nerdy girl at heart. Though cheesy, I think that's who she is at the heart of it all. She would rather stay in and have a goofy night with some down-to-earth girlfriends. It was quite a spectacle too! So I wouldn't necessarily say it was just a "bachelorette party". She was never the type to go to Vegas, get heavily intoxicated, and get railed by some ********* afterwards to only chalk it up to what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas bullish spiel. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block