Any Game Of Thrones fans on Exhale?

• Super Mods

I mean… I always was like :wtf_britney_what_confused_um: and then finally got around to watching it and now I’m like :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

Who else has seen this iconic show? The last season and ending though!!! I was shook :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack: If you haven’t seen this yet, don’t judge it until you’ve watched at least 2-3 episodes before giving up on it. I almost gave up and then after the first few episodes it got so good! Plus there’s 8 seasons! :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

spacer.png

• Haha 1

i love game of thrones, it’s one of my favourite tv series. the lore is rich and the characters are so interesting. i plan to get through the song of ice & fire books in the upcoming year. the first instalment was a great read, it had me hooked and felt fresh despite having already seen the tv adaption. 

the first season of house of the dragon was good as well. hopefully the second season will come sooner rather than later. 

• Love 3
  • Super Mods
52 minutes ago, neko said:

i love game of thrones, it’s one of my favourite tv series. the lore is rich and the characters are so interesting. i plan to get through the song of ice & fire books in the upcoming year. the first instalment was a great read, it had me hooked and felt fresh despite having already seen the tv adaption. 

the first season of house of the dragon was good as well. hopefully the second season will come sooner rather than later. 

What did you think of season 8? :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

2 minutes ago, GlitterRain said:

Omg it was so brutal. Isn’t she iconic? Except towards the end :pretends_shocked_wow_rihanna_surprised:

Honestly yes she’s so iconic omg

:yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

I still haven’t finished House of the Dragon - I’ll try to find time this weekend to watch the last few episodes. I found Rings of Power far more intriguing than House of the Dragon 

:katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

• Super Mods
Just now, Kiss my said:

Honestly yes she’s so iconic omg

:yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

I still haven’t finished House of the Dragon - I’ll try to find time this weekend to watch the last few episodes. I found Rings of Power far more intriguing than House of the Dragon 

:katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

I haven’t started that yet because I’ve heard it’s not as good as GOT! Is HOTD worth checking out? 

Yes, I love it! Actually, my avi speaks for itself- I am a huge fan of Mr. Martin's world. It so complex and I love that his characters are actually interesting grey people rather than good x bad (white x black) guys. As for the TV show, anything after season 4 is non-cannon to me so until I'll read Wind of Winter, I'll pretend it does not exist. What is more, most things after season 4 does not make sense and the last two seasons were basically trash in terms of writing. Cinematography (effects, costumes, filming locations, Cersei's facial expressions and Dany's braids were on points). As for books, I recommend that to everyone who enjoys more complex storytelling. The way many things are connected there and how many points one can miss out during the first reading is just amazing. And the way GoT is basically Westerosi War of Roses and many other things (events, cities or characters) are based on reality is just mind-blowing. What is the most interesting to me is, however, the way the book is written. It's written like from each chaaracter's point of view, so you read in a chapter Jon that he experienced something and a few chapters after that you learn that Bran was there as well, so you get like one event from more povs, which is cool imho. Also, each character has their own timeline. 

Also, House of the Dragon (this years' TV show) is just as iconic as the old good GoT. The books are interesting as well. Fire and Blood, a book about Targaryens, is written from a point of view of unrealible narrator. It is written like a history book so there is no omni-present and all knowing narrator. Rise of the Dragon is a newest book with amazing illustrations!

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
1 minute ago, Groundbreaking said:

Yes, I love it! Actually, my avi speaks for itself- I am a huge fan of Mr. Martin's world. It so complex and I love that his characters are actually interesting grey people rather than good x bad (white x black) guys. As for the TV show, anything after season 4 is non-cannon to me so until I'll read Wind of Winter, I'll pretend it does not exist. What is more, most things after season 4 does not make sense and the last two seasons were basically trash in terms of writing. Cinematography (effects, costumes, filming locations, Cersei's facial expressions and Dany's braids were on points). As for books, I recommend that to everyone who enjoys more complex storytelling. The way many things are connected there and how many points one can miss out during the first reading is just amazing. And the way GoT is basically Westerosi War of Roses and many other things (events, cities or characters) are based on reality is just mind-blowing. What is the most interesting to me is, however, the way the book is written. It's written like from each chaaracter's point of view, so you read in a chapter Jon that he experienced something and a few chapters after that you learn that Bran was there as well, so you get like one event from more povs, which is cool imho. Also, each character has their own timeline. 

Also, House of the Dragon (this years' TV show) is just as iconic as the old good GoT. The books are interesting as well. Fire and Blood, a book about Targaryens, is written from a point of view of unrealible narrator. It is written like a history book so there is no omni-present and all knowing narrator. Rise of the Dragon is a newest book with amazing illustrations!

Thanks for this comment! I’ll check out HOD :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed: Who’s your fav character? 

14 minutes ago, GlitterRain said:

Thanks for this comment! I’ll check out HOD :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed: Who’s your fav character? 

GoT books - Arya, Sansa, Cersei

GoT show - Arya, Margaery, Olenna

and also, I like  those part that were not in the show (like the whole Dorne part seems to a totally different story in the show, missing Tyrells - Marg and Loras have two other brothers; and Greyjoys - more uncles; missing Lannisters - Tywins brothers etc)

HotD (Dance of the Dragons) - my ultimate fav is Aemond, however, I also like Rhaenys and Rhaenyra and Daemon

As for the books - Daemon and Jacaerys, Aemond and Alys Rivers

but I like them all because all those characters are interesting af :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

1 hour ago, RBFLOVESBRITNEY said:

though still shocked how I watch a show with a set of twins banging all over Westros.

Well, they were like that only in the show. The books told a different story tho (Loras was still "faithfull" to Renly, he did not replace him like with a solid 2 from KL).

Alsooo, ser Laenor and Qarl are different tho but I won't spoil anything for you 

gotlaenorvelaryon | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumpik

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block