Lady Gaga’s Artpop Act II Coming Next Year?

Cqleb

14 hours ago, WeatherBOI said:

It did age horribly but at least it's entertaining. Chromatica is just boring for the most part - I say that as a diehard Gaga stan

I'm sorry but you cannot say that about Chromatica. What do you mean by "diehard Gaga stan"? That you follow her since "Just Dance" and so you expect her to be making dance music just like that one? Chromatica is incredibly mature, honest, and vulnerable. She sings her heart out in that one. No way fans cannot see/hear that. If anything, please say that you were expecting or needing something different (something that happened to me with Madonna's "Madame X", for example, which is very hard for me to grasp), but Chromatica is Gaga's "Glory", and we as fans should be proud of getting records like that from our faves, even more so after so many years in the business.

I'm like a lot of others - I love half ARTPOP (my faves are Applause, DWYW (I know it's on the nose to like this song but I have a story to share about it below), S**** Dreams, G.U.Y, Artpop and Gypsy) and would happily see the other half destroyed in a dumpster fire but I'd LOVE ARTPOP Act II - there is a demo called "Girl From Another Land" online which sounds so awesome.

The thing is though if DJ White Shadow has off cuts from the album it doesn't mean we'll get them (the record company would need to agree to it) and there are lots of other unreleased tracks from other producers we might NOT get so it could just be a bunch of second rate DJWS tracks. I have to imagine that Gaga is aware of the fan demand for unreleased tracks though so hopefully it comes to fruition.

As for the DWUW story, on my one and only ever trip to L.A I was dancing to DWUW in Mickey's in West Hollywood and then a creepy old guy spiked my boyfriend and my drinks. Luckily we left the bar not long after and the ***** didn't hit us and knock us out until we were back at the hotel room but I have always found it an amusing coincidence (one has to laugh at these things) but the song REALLY Is cursed!

9 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

I'm sorry but you cannot say that about Chromatica. What do you mean by "diehard Gaga stan"? That you follow her since "Just Dance" and so you expect her to be making dance music just like that one? Chromatica is incredibly mature, honest, and vulnerable. She sings her heart out in that one. No way fans cannot see/hear that. If anything, please say that you were expecting or needing something different (something that happened to me with Madonna's "Madame X", for example, which is very hard for me to grasp), but Chromatica is Gaga's "Glory", and we as fans should be proud of getting records like that from our faves, even more so after so many years in the business.

Holy mother of god chill out. I'm more of a Gaga stan than a Britney stan, but Gagadaily is so toxic

I've been a stan since I was 10, so shortly after Born This Way was released. I grew up as a stan anticipating ARTPOP and being able to dance to it despite it being lackluster at times. Chromatica isn't like that. She sounds vocally bored. The lyrics are on the same level as ARTPOP, but without the camp that can make them work. 

I actually like Joanne quite a bit, as to me that album seems more authentic even if a little forced with the memories of her aunt.

Also Madame X is the worst album I have ever listened to in full

57 minutes ago, WeatherBOI said:

Holy mother of god chill out. I'm more of a Gaga stan than a Britney stan, but Gagadaily is so toxic

I've been a stan since I was 10, so shortly after Born This Way was released. I grew up as a stan anticipating ARTPOP and being able to dance to it despite it being lackluster at times. Chromatica isn't like that. She sounds vocally bored. The lyrics are on the same level as ARTPOP, but without the camp that can make them work. 

I actually like Joanne quite a bit, as to me that album seems more authentic even if a little forced with the memories of her aunt.

Also Madame X is the worst album I have ever listened to in full

Ok ok... I get a better picture of where you're coming from now. I think Gaga just cannot hide her feelings or state of mind when she's making music. In ARTPOP she was going through her worst time (like Shakira in "She Wolf", for example); in Joanne she was trying to release past trauma; and in Chromatica she was very vulnerable, that's why she sings "I'm not nothing without a steady hand" at the top of her lungs in "Free Woman", which I honestly think is one of the most powerful lines I've heard a pop gal sing in the last few decades...

And yeah, Madame X is weird... I'm still trying to figure it out.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, WeatherBOI said:

Gurl give it up there ain't anything to figure out lmao

Dude it's freaking MADONNA we're talking about... If I'm going to trash her album, then I have to have my reasons. I can drag her through the mud and leave her there naked and sobbing with past singles like "Give Me All Your Luvin'" and "Turn Up the Radio" (HELLO MDNA) without hesitating one second but this last album got me like... :squint_meme_sunglasses_pink_stare_squint:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block