Is This Why Taylor Swift, Drake (& Others) Are So Successful In Streaming?

Hear me out. (Besides Taylor's tactics to get numbers) I think releasing 6 new albums (with multiple versions) within 3 years had really really positive impact on her streams. Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember she wasn't doing that well in streaming in like 2018... 

Same thing with Ariana. She released 3 new albums within 3 years. Same thing with Drake. And look at all of em, they are so successful in streaming. People say Beyonce has prepared two more albums and she can drop em any second.

Is this a new model of releasing albums? A secret to good streams? :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red: I think this is what you have to do to survive in streaming era.

I'm kinda jealous cause imagine us getting a new Britney album every 6 months :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

• Haha 2
33 minutes ago, Henry. said:

@Style. not another flop thread from me what is going on i transitioned horribly into the new Exhale home page era

brit-cry-dance.jpg.ed712386f42143a828076684a8430761.jpg

It’s a great topic of discussion, don’t get discouraged. I believe having a great team around you is the key to success. Beyoncé changed the game with the digital drop and then followed by Lemonade, a well designed and very successful era. Basically, she gave new meanings to what an album should look like: 

• Haha 2

How is selling multiple physical albums compared to streams?:calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what: On Streaming we have 4 versions, 2 because she is cursing in songs, so really 2, the standard and deluxe, both wich are not new :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

I think what she does well is that she keeps connecting teens to her releases :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus: she grows older, but her fans, 1 follow her, and 2 attracts younger fans too and THAT's how she's doing it :orly_oh_britney_surprised_wow_excited:

7 minutes ago, Henry. said:

This is literally just an observation and discussion :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming: 

To be fair I don't like her for lots of reasons but 1. I'm not offending anyone 2. I'm entitled to my opinion :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

My comment was also an observation, never said anything about you being offensive or not entitiled to your opinion :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

Also, you said correct you if you are wrong and I discussed the situation prior to 2018 without saying anything. :bparty_piece_of_me_pom_britney_clubbing_blackout_2007_dancing_dance:

Taylor is hungry. She works at her career and was able to transition styles from country to pop to chill vibe songs. She engages fans and the media. She is invested in going for the long haul.

I can't stand Taylor, but I have to give credit for her sustaining her success. Same with Beyonce who I can't stand.

I love Britney, but she has zero interest in playing the game anymore. Her life and career were not hers for over a decade so we can't fault her for that. But music-wise she is the same as the day she came out: pop singer who dances. I'm not belittling her achievements at all, she's a rightful legend, who has sustained a career for over 20 years doing her formula. I just don't think Britney is going to be career hungry again. Her team's choices hurt her, but also today's market is not late 90s, early 2000s. She/her team/label need to play the 2020s game of success.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Nate b said:

I’m pretty sure Taylor’s streaming numbers being low prior to 2018 is because she wasn’t on streaming until 2017 lol. I don’t think her “tactics” something of which we would never call out a male artist for, have ANYTHING to do with it. 

Op literally called out Drake, A MAN out for the same tactics. Everyone always wants to make it about women when it comes to Taylor. Taylor’s cult is like that one Kool Aid cult that killed themselves for their leader. She has everyone so enraged all the time defending her over the most trivial things :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block