Did the music industry fail Jessica Simpson?

• Super Mods

I mean if you really take away “Jessica Simpson” from this performance, it really isn’t that bad! The live band, the choreography, her beauty and the live vocals. Absolutely iconic! I think it’s a great performance and is giving us total pop star. I don’t care if it’s similar style to Britney. Jessica rocked this era :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

It’s a shame they didn’t let her make the music she wanted to make and should have made from the start instead of making her a copy version of Britney. I think she would have had a lot more success  :canthandleit_cry_katy_sob_sad_tears:

What’s your fav Jessica Simpson song? Do you think the music industry failed her? Let me know :typing_keyboard_computer:

• Love 4

It's easy: If there was Britney there she can have only one girl competition - Xtina. There was no room for 3 girls. Xtina had a unique voice and style to it (great quality albums that were setting her apart from others) Britney was a phenomen in sales and dancing (even Michael Jackson level).

Jessica had nothing to offer than these 2 girls. Xtina won because she didn't want to be Britney 2.0 (if she wouldnt rebel against it at Stripped she could lost, but always unique voice was protecting her) and Jessica's label was doing everything to make her Britney 2.0. They lost it.

• Like 1

Jessica can sing, but her technique wasn’t the best, she forced her voice so much. But having never seen this performance before, she can really sing live tho, I’m impressed! I’ve always loved seeing her live, she has so many good and fun performances. Back around this time and with her 1st Xmas album, she was kinda everywhere.

I remember seeing her do “I saw mommy kissing Santa Clause” on some show with a parade, Nick introduced her performance, and my mom instantly hated it.  :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:
Jessica’s Iconic. I love that she’s become so uber successful too, proving to everyone that she wasn’t just some flash in the pan bimbo with a hot body.

People think that she was a flop in Pop music, but Newlyweds turned her in to a bonafide pop superstar. She was Huge and one of the first really different kind of pop girls of that moment. She was very pop but also incredibly quirky weird and very relatable to a lot of girls and people around that time. Britney, no shade, but she was presented in this super perfect pop packaging and that in its own way set her apart from everybody else. Jessica was just a big ball of fun feminine and silly energy. Love that, but she could never dance. Omg..  :cuteidk_britney_excited_laugh_yes_yas_happy_smile:

• Love 3
  • 1 month later...
On 11/16/2022 at 1:51 PM, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Jessica can sing, but her technique wasn’t the best, she forced her voice so much. But having never seen this performance before, she can really sing live tho, I’m impressed! I’ve always loved seeing her live, she has so many good and fun performances. Back around this time and with her 1st Xmas album, she was kinda everywhere.

I remember seeing her do “I saw mommy kissing Santa Clause” on some show with a parade, Nick introduced her performance, and my mom instantly hated it.  :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:
Jessica’s Iconic. I love that she’s become so uber successful too, proving to everyone that she wasn’t just some flash in the pan bimbo with a hot body.

People think that she was a flop in Pop music, but Newlyweds turned her in to a bonafide pop superstar. She was Huge and one of the first really different kind of pop girls of that moment. She was very pop but also incredibly quirky weird and very relatable to a lot of girls and people around that time. Britney, no shade, but she was presented in this super perfect pop packaging and that in its own way set her apart from everybody else. Jessica was just a big ball of fun feminine and silly energy. Love that, but she could never dance. Omg..  :cuteidk_britney_excited_laugh_yes_yas_happy_smile:

Tbh her technique became bad during the in this skin era. Before that it was pretty good tbh

• Love 2
On 11/11/2022 at 11:05 PM, jordeezy said:

Jessica was HUGE in 2004...unfortunately she truly abandoned her brand when she broke up with Nick. She built up a slow climb to the In This Skin Era and she was finally getting tons of airplay. If she had released the right album in 2005 or 2006, she could have had a real hit. Britney and Xtina were both on breaks at the time as well. 

You say that like she didn’t release the best album of her career in 2006 lol. She gave what the girls wanted on that album too- bops and ballads about the divorce.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/24/2022 at 1:25 AM, The Greatest Show said:

Nobody failed her. Her music just wasn't good enough.

THIS!

:schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

She was huge during the Newlyweds days but she never had the music to back it up. Imagine her having someone like Pharrell or Timbaland. It would have done her wonders. Also she doesnt seem to have a clear artistic vision of herself and her music something both Britney and Xtina had very clear. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block