Is Mariah similar to Britney

believe mariah carey GIF

Mariah and Britney: The Non-Event and the Absolute Event | by Miche V. |  Medium

I ask if the two ladies are similar because Mariah was controlled by Tommy for years, Britney was in a conservatorship being told what to do. Britney had her "meltdown" or nervous breakdown so did Mariah tho hers was more being overworked and exhaustion. both of their childhoods were traumatic britney dad being a alcoholic both mariah and brit parents were poor. both women chased their dreams to sing to change their lives. what do yall think? 

Music Video Hair Flip GIF

They have a lot of similarities, but I think Mariah was able to surround herself with better people and, even though she was controlled by Motolla during her marriage, she made sure that she would only sing the songs she wrote. She even owns all her masters by now. I really believe she was made for stardom, since she's very resilient.

PS: Mariah's memoir provides a lot of insight into her traumatic childhood. There was a moment (around Glitter era) that her family wanted to institutionalize her and she was able to distance herself from them. Nowadays she doesn't have a close relationship with anyone from her nuclear family, but she still supports her mom financially.

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, glorified.ho said:

They have a lot of similarities, but I think Mariah was able to surround herself with better people and, even though she was controlled by Motolla during her marriage, she made sure that she would only sing the songs she wrote. She even owns all her masters by now. I really believe she was made for stardom, since she's very resilient.

PS: Mariah's memoir provides a lot of insight into her traumatic childhood. There was a moment (around Glitter era) that her family wanted to institutionalize her and she was able to distance herself from them. Nowadays she doesn't have a close relationship with anyone from her nuclear family, but she still supports her mom financially.

yeah ive red her siblings are toxic. but her mom seems like a ***** telling her shes only half the singer i am honey your daughter could out sing you any day

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Garrett James said:

yeah ive red her siblings are toxic. but her mom seems like a ***** telling her shes only half the singer i am honey your daughter could out sing you any day

Yup! Her mom is really embarrassing and insecure. Maybe thats why Mariah used to be bit insecure about other female singers lol.

The Audible experience of her memoir was also amazing. I was able to get through the whole book in 3 days, listening to Mariah singing, crying, laughing while telling her story...! It would be a dream if Britney could also launch an audio book.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block