Kim Petras drops new single If Jesus Was a Rockstar

JayTawndre

3 hours ago, Mxra said:

Ok so her last album was scrapped because the singles flopped and her label didn't think it was good enough... yet they let her release this ****? Literally all the non singles from Problematique are better than this. 

Why do you say that? I want to know lyrically because are you just expecting her to sing about s**, boys, clubs and ***** forever? 

11 hours ago, Simply JayTawndre... said:

Why do you say that? I want to know lyrically because are you just expecting her to sing about s**, boys, clubs and ***** forever? 

Has nothing to do with lyrical content even though I do find it questionable. I just find the beat incredibly boring and it's not the best song to give people a first impression on her new album. I like Kim. I've been listening to her for years. This song though, I've streamed it once and i'm already over it. 

• Like 1
Just now, Mxra said:

Has nothing to do with lyrical content even though I do find it questionable. I just find the beat incredibly boring and it's not the best song to give people a first impression on her new album. I like Kim. I've been listening to her for years. This song though, I've streamed it once and i'm already over it. 

It's different for a reason. 

On 11/11/2022 at 4:03 AM, danyelko said:

I have been following Kim Petras and her music for a long time. In my opinion, the song does not fit her image and sound at all. Where is the dirt? Where are the edges and corners? Where is the beat? It's a sweet smooth pop song that could be searched by any usual pop singer. But I don't think she will achieve a worldwide breakthrough with this track. I would have liked a song like "icy" or a song that reflects her part of Unholy. maybe I'm wrong, I'm curious about the album. Goog LUCK GIRL. :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

Agreed 100%. The song is fine, it’s good, but it doesn’t sound like a Kim Petras song. This sounds exactly like her trying to conform to get a pop hit after the momentum of Unholy. Icy deserved to be a top 10 song. It’s so good and so underrated. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Agreed 100%. The song is fine, it’s good, but it doesn’t sound like a Kim Petras song. This sounds exactly like her trying to conform to get a pop hit after the momentum of Unholy. Icy deserved to be a top 10 song. It’s so good and so underrated. 

This new era is her evolving and growing as an artist and showing that she's more than a gimmick. This interview just released and explains what this song is about and the new era. 

There's more to life than s** and boys... 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Simply JayTawndre... said:

This new era is her evolving and growing as an artist and showing that she's more than a gimmick. This interview just released and explains what this song is about and the new era. 

There's more to life than s** and boys... 

Girl just bc I said it doesn’t sound like a Kim Petras song doesn’t mean I’m saying it needs to be about s** and boys. I mentioned Icy which isn’t about either of those things. You make it sound like her past music was super shallow and that this new song is suddenly super deep. It’s not that different lyrically from her other music at all. 

I like the song, and my love for her hasn’t changed at all. I’m just saying it doesn’t sound like one of her songs to me. 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block