Kim Petras drops new single If Jesus Was a Rockstar

JayTawndre

It's a very personal bop. These lyrics will resonate with LGBTQ who grew up with religion and feeling like we don't fit into it. I can relate. I was in a Christian ministry the last 7 years. 

Thank you Kim and Max Martin for this. Also Max Martin is singing background vocals with Kim! He has a great voice. 

J1TlnV43_t.jpg

So excited to meet Kim and see her perform live at iHeartRadio 😱!!! 

Related

Thoughts

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, jupiter said:

I would really love it if buffalo bill here left jesus out of it. Extremely disrespectful and low class. Madonna did it already and it's tired. 

Did you even listen to the lyrics it's a very personal song. Better than a meaningless song about s** clubs and boys. It's also her first Max Martin single. She's not trying to disrespect Jesus. It's about how she feels she can't fit into religion being a TRANS WOMAN!!!! 

• Love 1

I have been following Kim Petras and her music for a long time. In my opinion, the song does not fit her image and sound at all. Where is the dirt? Where are the edges and corners? Where is the beat? It's a sweet smooth pop song that could be searched by any usual pop singer. But I don't think she will achieve a worldwide breakthrough with this track. I would have liked a song like "icy" or a song that reflects her part of Unholy. maybe I'm wrong, I'm curious about the album. Goog LUCK GIRL. :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

• Love 4
  • Like 2
22 minutes ago, agustinmalandra said:

Mmhmm... As i said in another post... I don't like it! It's just too basic... and it's sad cuz mostly everything Kim has been doing was a bop or a great lyric song... Max Martin stop it already.

I think after the success of Unholy they were trying to go for something safe and pop with very basic easy to remember melody and guitar chords to attract more people with basic taste

Not really my vibe.

Anytime an artist incorporates religion it's kinda tacky.

I listened to the words, they aren't really personal at all.

It's just saying if Jesus was a party boy, then I'd wanna be like him.

Not really anything deep or meaningful there.

It's such a shame Problematique was scrapped, All She Wants deserved success.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Britney'sBish said:

Not really my vibe.

Anytime an artist incorporates religion it's kinda tacky.

I listened to the words, they aren't really personal at all.

It's just saying if Jesus was a party boy, then I'd wanna be like him.

Not really anything deep or meaningful there.

It's such a shame Problematique was scrapped, All She Wants deserved success.

maybe she has her own personal "jesus"? lmfao..'

im sure there is a room of interpretation there.

besides i am lucky to like it and take it as a good song haha i luv it

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block