Cognitive behavioral therapy

nstink

I did CBT when I was 14-17 for self-harm. I had a lot of very toxic thinking patterns - which many teens do! - but the skills I learned are things I use to this day. I think they should teach CBT to kids in high schools tbh, great for mental wellness and having a basis for challenging our negative thoughts, feelings and behaviours. 

wishing you the best of luck with your journey! I hope it helps you and eases your struggles. 

• Love 3
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m a registered cognitive behavioural therapist on the side. I have worked with kids and adults with autism for years. 

It’s very helpful, trust the process. You’ll question the methods at first thinking they don’t make sense.  But it all leads to something. It might take a while, but you‘ll know if it works soon and you’ll know if you want to continue. 

• Love 1
On 12/21/2022 at 3:51 AM, A.a.A said:

I’m a registered cognitive behavioural therapist on the side. I have worked with kids and adults with autism for years. 

It’s very helpful, trust the process. You’ll question the methods at first thinking they don’t make sense.  But it all leads to something. It might take a while, but you‘ll know if it works soon and you’ll know if you want to continue. 

thank you so much! im in the process of it. you are an amazing person with an amazing job, you are incredible

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block