Pop culture trends of 2022 worth leaving behind

spacer.png

Pop culture has been a mess this year and if I had to describe it, I would use the word battleground because of Johnny Depp and Amber Heard defamation trial, Will Smith slapping Chris Rock at Oscars and Harry Styles being a queer-baiter. Here’s my top picks of 2022 trends worth leaving behind because of tiredness: 

1. Sampling 

Sampling old songs is indeed all fun and games until it becomes redundant. 

2. Queer Baiting 

Y’all can bait me, I Bad Bunny it! 🌈However, I don’t appreciate it when you’re too much in my face and Harry Styles I’m looking at you!

3. Lea Michele

Girl you know what? It’s been over a decade since Glee happened, but every single year a cast member is breaking the silence on how Lea Michele was clowning/bullying them on set. Lea Michele is a bad bich but I don’t want to hear about her in 2023 unless she’s starring in a decent movie. 

4. Euphoria

More Ozark, Less Euphoria! 

5. Female Rap Unity

There’s no such thing - never was. Let Nicki beef with them without calling her old & bitter!

Ok. What about your picks of pop culture moments you don’t want to see in 2023? :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Sampling for sure. The number of pop songs that have been released recently that are just remakes/samples/twists on old songs is just ridiculous. Where's the creativity? It's the same reason I hate when artists do covers. Don't give me something old. I want something new.

It’s crazy how many current songs are using samples. The ultimate gag is Beyoncé winning the Grammy’s AOTY when her album samples famous songs. She has 73 writing credits on it I believe. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, Style. said:

I don’t want to sound ridiculous here because I loved Renaissance and Super Freaky Girl, but taking away the sample I wouldn’t bet my money on these projects becoming hits. :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:@Urbanney

I agree. Most of Renaissance felt fresh enough to me, but some of it was over the top to where I couldn’t even enjoy it bc all I could hear was the original (Summer Renaissance). I love Super Freaky Girl, but it’s completely dependent on the original song.

Even Hold Me Closer was just a remake of two older songs. Luckily, I’m too young to have known either original, so it didn’t bother me, but still. When I listen to today’s pop playlists,  it’s just a remake or sample of an older song like every 3 songs. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

I agree. Most of Renaissance felt fresh enough to me, but some of it was over the top to where I couldn’t even enjoy it bc all I could hear was the original (Summer Renaissance). I love Super Freaky Girl, but it’s completely dependent on the original song.

Even Hold Me Closer was just a remake of two older songs. Luckily, I’m too young to have known either original, so it didn’t bother me, but still. When I listen to today’s pop playlists,  it’s just a remake or sample of an older song like every 3 songs. 

Basically movie industry finally hit the music industry, so you guys have a version of a track you wouldn't listen to. 

Now not to defend Lea Michelle,  bit from talking to people who know Broadway. 

That was her problem,  and reality is that's why Bea and Betty never got along  

Theater actors are extremely different from TV actors or film actors  

When on stage doing Broadway,  you get one take, hope not to **** up cos you can't do it over. 

Lea coming from that world, brought that type of perfectionist attitude to a world that allows retakes til they feel they got the right take. 

Most people said very huge misunderstanding,  but when you hire actors from stage,  you kinda have to expect some harshness of having to reshoot over and over and over..

Funny girl is getting rave reviews..

Betty white was very bullied by Beatrice Arthur as rue puts it,Betty shook hands with the audience,  and made sure they were comfortable and taken care of, cos you're at their home every weekend like family  

Bea hated that, bit she came from the stage and you never interact wit the audience, but Betty came from the TV world,  so it's very different approach to professionalism.  

Especially sane job, but different approaches when it comes to acting. 

• Like 1

Belcalis

Nicki hate train (that is so 2017)

Madonna's remixes.

Urging Britney to make new music

Giving dumb people a platform

Hating on people who are right and siding with people who are wrong

Camila Cabello

Rihanna's comeback

All pop girlies that are all of sudden make up gurus

Addicts

TikTok song

Disturbing sounds sold as music

Dumb celebrities

Fakeness

Charts

Comparing one self to other artists

All of Spears family but Britney

Grammys and the rest of the awards shows

Pretentious loosers

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Groundbreaking said:

Belcalis

Nicki hate train (that is so 2017)

Madonna's remixes.

Urging Britney to make new music

Giving dumb people a platform

Hating on people who are right and siding with people who are wrong

Camila Cabello

Rihanna's comeback

All pop girlies that are all of sudden make up gurus

Addicts

TikTok song

Disturbing sounds sold as music

Dumb celebrities

Fakeness

Charts

Comparing one self to other artists

All of Spears family but Britney

Grammys and the rest of the awards shows

Pretentious loosers

Sounds awesome and I could not agree more. But you are pretty much calling for an extermination of 95% of what the entertainment business is

• Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block