Perez Hilton: “Thalia Is For Latinos What Kylie Minogue Is For Gays”

Perez compared Thalía to Kylie just because Thalía is super feminine and camp in her videos, like Kylie is.

But when it comes to her legacy, Thalía represents Madonna more: she was most definitely a trendsetter, she has always been very sensual (though not overtly s3xual, like Madonna), and is an advocate for many people and causes, including the gays. She really is a legend in Latin America, no question about it.

Fey definitely gives Kylie vibes as well because she's sweet and feminine, and her music is heavily based on Eurodance.

Shakira is a force of nature, but she's more global than Thalía, and also more raw, less produced, and more versatile. I know it'll sound weird, but she gives me Cher vibes, honestly. They both have a much more masculine energy.

But now that I really think about it, our Latin pop girls are fantastic, and you can't really put them into one box, or compare them fully to another artist... They really stand on their own! And you can like them or not, or prefer one over the other, but they are ALL super talented and, more importantly, they ALL HAVE A PERSONALITY! Huge personalities.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Spanish Omg GIF

OK give me your gay card NOW! :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

Hide contents

This is all you really need to know (FOR NOW):

Hide contents

OK I cannot, I CANNOT! AT LEAST watch this as well:

Kylie Minogue is the Prozac of gays. 

Rufus wainwright said it best. 

Madonna is the dark, very much oppressive, dominant and very much nothing light about her show (Confessions tour).

Where Kylie is the exact opposite Happy, positive yes the real world is ****,  but you came to escape life for two hours, and I'm here to lighten your day. 

• Haha 2
12 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Kylie Minogue is the Prozac of gays. 

Rufus wainwright said it best. 

Madonna is the dark, very much oppressive, dominant and very much nothing light about her show (Confessions tour).

Where Kylie is the exact opposite Happy, positive yes the real world is ****,  but you came to escape life for two hours, and I'm here to lighten your day. 

Oh absolutely! :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

• Content Curators
4 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Fey -> Kylie

Thalia -> Madonna

but in the end, Thalia is one of a kind who carries a tripod in her purse lol

Lol I saw the whole interview this weekend. Augh I enjoyed it so much, seeing Pinky fangirl over Thalia was like, if I were her that would be me too lol.

I lived for the moment when she gave her the hair iron. You could tell she was wanting Thalia to gift it to her but without asking for it but then she went for it haha. Such a cute interview you could tell Thalia was so comfortable. I don't think I've ever seen her be that chill and open.

• Love 2

I wanna be there when you touch fire

• Content Curators

@Alexanda @bitbitboi love those songs you guys posted. 

What I meant to say was I know who Kylie is but since I don't follow her I don't know the perception of how people feel about her. I just check out her music and watch her videos. I do love her music. I actually own her Aphrodite album which I love and a greatest hits album as well. Can't Get You Out Of My Head, Slow, Come Into My World, I Believe In You, Dancefloor Darling, Into The Blue and Say Something are among some of my favorite songs of hers.

• Love 2

I wanna be there when you touch fire

18 minutes ago, Midnight said:

Lol I saw the whole interview this weekend. Augh I enjoyed it so much, seeing Pinky fangirl over Thalia was like, if I were her that would be me too lol.

I lived for the moment when she gave her the hair iron. You could tell she was wanting Thalia to gift it to her but without asking for it but then she went for it haha. Such a cute interview you could tell Thalia was so comfortable. I don't think I've ever seen her be that chill and open.

I saw it when it premiered live, and when they say it was gonna end soon I started singing the Porky Show's song because I always do that with my friends, and then Thalia started singing it and I was like :ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white: I thought I was the only weird one that did that :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, Midnight said:

What I meant to say was I know who Kylie is but since I don't follow her I don't know the perception of how people feel about her. I just check out her music and watch her videos. I do love her music. I actually own her Aphrodite album which I love and a greatest hits album as well. Can't Get You Out Of My Head, Slow, Come Into My World, I Believe In You, Dancefloor Darling, Into The Blue and Say Something are among some of my favorite songs of hers.

You live in the states, her biggest fan base is club kids from the millennials. 

And men of a certain age that loves her style of camp..

@bitbitboi

@Alexanda

I should have known why we secretly love carly rae jepsen,  a Kylie Minogue fan said it best  

Everything about her screams Kylie,,especially her current tour and the modern style of the showgirl dress she opens her show with.

This led to some very much gatekeeping discussion but overall all agree very much Kylie Minogue of her generation and that's why it's not clicking they don't understand camp for the fun of not taking yourself seriously which is the problem with most Americans,  they don't know how to have fun without substances or s**.  

• Love 1
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Midnight said:

The thing is, US is not her market, for some reasons but she is a superstar in Europe and in Australia of course. 

She is in the headlines and i can tell you: On the radio as well. 

People don't mind her music. 

She also has a great sense of humor! 

I like that she always is funny snd unproblematic, some superstars were really unlikable in that aspect (John Mayer)

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Alexanda said:

The thing is, US is not her market, for some reasons but she is a superstar in Europe and in Australia of course. 

She is in the headlines and i can tell you: On the radio as well. 

People don't mind her music. 

She also has a great sense of humor! 

I like that she always is funny snd unproblematic, some superstars were really unlikable in that aspect (John Mayer)

There was a discussion. They said when it comes to veterans you here 3 in Europe on the radio daily and grocery shopping 

Madonna, Britney and Kylie Minogue, occasionally might hear Mariah Carey (Early 90s) and Janet Jackson (that's pretty much together again and All for you. Her most friendly format tracks for these kind of stations)

1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

There was a discussion. They said when it comes to veterans you here 3 in Europe on the radio daily and grocery shopping 

Madonna, Britney and Kylie Minogue, occasionally might hear Mariah Carey (Early 90s) and Janet Jackson (that's pretty much together again and All for you. Her most friendly format tracks for these kind of stations)

They are right! especially Without You!

+ One Robbie Williams song

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.