What was your reaction to Selena Gomez's new documentary?

JayTawndre

I thought it was raw, real and uncut. It definitely had Truth or Dare vibes (as they were involved in this doc.)

It totally made me feel seen and heard. I'm so proud of Selena. And her saying in the documentary saying when music and entertainment is over in her career she wants to focus on philanthropy and that really hit me hard 😭 being homeless I feel so alone And like my cause doesn't matter. Especially with my GoFundMe being crickets. 

Thank you Selena for being a voice to help so many who struggle with depression, anxiety and bipolar disorder. ❤️

'Selena Gomez: My Mind and Me' song and documentary are OUT NOW. Doc streaming exclusively on AppleTV+. 

THOUGHTS? 

selena gomez GIF by Interscope Records

• Love 4

I found a link for it online as I don’t have Apple TV+. This documentary was so important not only for Selena but for anyone who has struggled with their mental health.

I think this documentary has shown people the REAL Selena, under all the fame and fortune, she is a real person with emotions who has really struggled and I found many parts of the doc to be eye opening to what she went through.

It must be have been so difficult doing all of these tour dates and promo interviews when really it was incredibly draining for her. Her breaking down in the first 10 mins while trying on costumes for the tour and not feeling confident in her own skin was heartbreaking. 

As someone who has also struggled with my own mental health I could really relate to a lot of it too. Selena said she often told herself she wasn’t good enough and I do the exact same, which is why I’ve had to see a therapist in recent months. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Isla said:

I found a link for it online as I don’t have Apple TV+. This documentary was so important not only for Selena but for anyone who has struggled with their mental health.

I think this documentary has shown people the REAL Selena, under all the fame and fortune, she is a real person with emotions who has really struggled and I found many parts of the doc to be eye opening to what she went through.

It must be have been so difficult doing all of these tour dates and promo interviews when really it was incredibly draining for her. Her breaking down in the first 10 mins while trying on costumes for the tour and not feeling confident in her own skin was heartbreaking. 

As someone who has also struggled with my own mental health I could really relate to a lot of it too. Selena said she often told herself she wasn’t good enough and I do the exact same, which is why I’ve had to see a therapist in recent months. 

Couldn't have said it better!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Simply JayTawndre... said:

Why do you dislike Her? 

Not that I don't dislike her, but she's not interesting at all. There are women, men, children in the world who are going through worse things and they cannot speak. Some of them don't have a chance to have a good life because of the violence and bullying they get. Selena has the life she wanted, and if she doesn't have anything to offer with her voice as a singer, she has to occupy herself with other things, and of course that brings a lot of extra work, and she should be deal with , in her place. So I don't really care that people say they don't like her in comments, and how that she has to work a lot and how she is tired. Yes, as a human being, I'm sorry that she had to go through her body illness and I wish her good health and I'm glad that a good soul was found who donated her an organ so that she could live on (I hope that Selena shows that person respect and gratitude for every the day she now has). But it does not mean that there are people in the world who have a worse life, have no money, no one to help them. And that's why I'm not interested in Selena. She's in her place, she's making a lot of money, and those millions have, of course, side effects. The common human has to work much harder than her for much less money.

:byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

• Love 6
  • Like 1

It was really good. Very human. I shed a few tears. It made me admire her even more. She seems so resilient.

It also puts into perspective how ridiculous people can be regarding Britney's posts and egging drama on. I feel like Britney and Selena can relate to a lot of things. They've both been through a lot. But instead of caring about the human beings, people just encourage the drama for entertainment. It's gross and sad.

• Love 2

I actually do like her and her songs and she indisputably went through hard time connected to her mental and physical health and I admire her talking about it, HOWEVER she has been put in a position of a victim ever since she broke up with Justin, I felt bad for her at the beginning but then it was just over and over and over the same narrative. Poor Selena that poor Selena this.

I'm happy she is doing much better and her health is stable but she despite 99% of other people, she can choose if she will continue living her life in spotlight or not, if its not healthy for her then why is keep coming back? Most of people with health issue dont have such a luxury to choose and have to go through life struggling everyday.

So, as I said, I do like, and Im happy she is doing well and she seems like a nice person, but victimize yourself over and over and over doesn't help you or those you are trying to help and be a role model for.

Voting Michelle Obama GIF by Joe Biden

• Love 4
  • Like 3
10 hours ago, BananaBoy98 said:

Not that I don't dislike her, but she's not interesting at all. There are women, men, children in the world who are going through worse things and they cannot speak. Some of them don't have a chance to have a good life because of the violence and bullying they get. Selena has the life she wanted, and if she doesn't have anything to offer with her voice as a singer, she has to occupy herself with other things, and of course that brings a lot of extra work, and she should be deal with , in her place. So I don't really care that people say they don't like her in comments, and how that she has to work a lot and how she is tired. Yes, as a human being, I'm sorry that she had to go through her body illness and I wish her good health and I'm glad that a good soul was found who donated her an organ so that she could live on (I hope that Selena shows that person respect and gratitude for every the day she now has). But it does not mean that there are people in the world who have a worse life, have no money, no one to help them. And that's why I'm not interested in Selena. She's in her place, she's making a lot of money, and those millions have, of course, side effects. The common human has to work much harder than her for much less money.

Can we stop comparing peoples emotional struggles and not link it to money?

There is always someone suffering more than you, and there are always people suffering more than the people you claim to suffer more than Selena.

Are we not gonna feel bad for people living under brutal dictatorship because there are people living worse under famine?

• Love 6
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, BananaBoy98 said:

Oops you spilt 🤭🤭🤭

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Urbanney said:

It was really good. Very human. I shed a few tears. It made me admire her even more. She seems so resilient.

It also puts into perspective how ridiculous people can be regarding Britney's posts and egging drama on. I feel like Britney and Selena can relate to a lot of things. They've both been through a lot. But instead of caring about the human beings, people just encourage the drama for entertainment. It's gross and sad.

Literally I agree. This doc gave For the Record vibes. They definitely can relate to a lot. I feel like Britney is just a huge Selener fan :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

• Love 1
8 hours ago, BananaBoy98 said:

Can we stop paying attention to her when she tries to point out common everyday things that billions of other people face and don't they bother others like it's something unusual? :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

I dont know anything about Selena, or her struggles, and I havent watched the documentary.

But when a big celebrity talks about their struggle, its not usually about them, its to talk about it to inspire and help people who are going through the same struggles.

Lady Gaga documentary about her illness and pain she feels wasnt really to tell people look how bad I have it

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Isla said:

Can you PM me the link you used please :)

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, fays1 said:

I dont know anything about Selena, or her struggles, and I havent watched the documentary.

But when a big celebrity talks about their struggle, its not usually about them, its to talk about it to inspire and help people who are going through the same struggles.

Lady Gaga documentary about her illness and pain she feels wasnt really to tell people look how bad I have it

...I'm wish them the best :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block