Swifties call for Department of Justice to destroy Ticketmaster after Taylor Swift’s touring announcement

Swifties call for Department of Justice to destroy Ticketmaster after Taylor Swift’s touring announcement

''Mere hours after Taylor Swift announced she was going back on the road for her sixth concert tour, officially titled The Eras Tour, the internet erupted with complaints from fans trying to snag presale tickets on Ticketmaster after the site all but crashed upon impact.

5 Things You Didn't Know About Taylor Swift | Vogue

Long considered the world’s largest marketplace for ticket sales, Ticketmaster is the go-to website for those looking to buy concert tickets, sports tickets, and various other performance-based ticket sales. Not for the first time, the company is being dragged through the mud for its monopoly on live events and ensuing astronomical prices. Now, in light of The Eras Tour complications, Swifties are calling on the Department of Justice to investigate and break up Ticketmaster once and for all.

Taylor Swift lands eighth UK number one album with re-recorded Red - BBC  News

The petition, which is powered by Action Network.org, saw an immediate uptick in signatures following The Eras Tour debacle. Currently, it has close to 10,000 signatures and is just a few thousand away from its goal of 12,800.

Having issues with Ticketmaster has become par for the course for concert lovers, and many fans are simply resigned to the fact that anything Taylor Swift releases will cause a brief meltdown. Last week, the release of her tenth studio album, Midnights, caused Spotify to briefly crash as well.

Swifties aren’t the only ones who’ve taken notice of Ticketmaster’s stronghold on live events. President Biden took aim at companies like Ticketmaster in a public address just days before Swift’s tour announcement, addressing the outrageous processing fees that tend to come with concert tickets. He and the Federal Trade Commission delivered a promise to reduce or eliminate “unfair and deceptive fees.” It’s no doubt Bruce Springsteen’s concert from earlier this summer, which came with a $5,000 price tag on tickets and a wave of backlash, contributed to the President’s awareness on the matter.

Ticketmaster’s complication with The Eras Tour presale does not bode well for Swifties, who anxiously await tickets officially going on sale. In case the company does manage to get its act together, though, you can learn more about pricing, tour dates, and other details for The Eras Tour here. ''

Taylor Swift Reveals 'Midnights' Track 7 Title – Billboard

Article:

AA13CspY.img?h=630&w=1200&m=6&q=60&o=t&l
WWW.MSN.COM

Don't mess with Swifties or they'll get the DOJ involved.

• Love 3

concert tickets should be either handled through each artist's website / record label, or through each venue.

I know that not all places or artists could do that right now, but that should be the long term goal, and if Taylor is so big an powerful maybe she could start setting the example for others. 

There shouldn't be a need for a third party that only inflates the prices with fees, that don't get rid of the problem of resellers and that on top of that crashes every time there's a big event. 

• Love 5
  • Like 2
24 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

concert tickets should be either handled through each artist's website / record label, or through each venue.

I know that not all places or artists could do that right now, but that should be the long term goal, and if Taylor is so big an powerful maybe she could start setting the example for others. 

There shouldn't be a need for a third party that only inflates the prices with fees, that don't get rid of the problem of resellers and that on top of that crashes every time there's a big event. 

That's why I prefer AXS who mainly handle the sales for concerts at the O2 Arena. 100% better than Ticketmaster, queues are managed well, tickets are not inflated and they send tickets out pretty quickly too. I already have my tickets for two concerts I'm attending at the O2 Arena next year.

Only downside is I remember earlier this year I had to contact their customer service via their live chat and I had a long wait to get through to someone, but when I did get through the person I spoke to was really helpful. Ticketmaster's customer service is $h!t and gave me generic information when I contacted them about a concert I went to a few months ago.

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block