Do you agree? Official Charts calls Taylor Swift the "New Queen of Pop"

Numbers definitely demonstrate success and popularity, an impact on the consumer sales market for sure. Cultural impact though I don’t really know. Can someone name a performance of hers that is as iconic as Britney’s Slave 4 U VMA performance? 

The title of “Queen of Pop” comes with a lot more meaning than just sales numbers.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I’d say def pop royalty but Queen no ….. she has never done any first or given like a shock value or made peoples mouths drop except for her love life .

Britney has impacted pop culture and single handedly revived solo female pop artist ….. so no girl she isn’t queen .

• Like 1

I think it’s time to retire the “Queen of Pop” & “King of Pop” titles. Whenever anyone of age hears these terms thrown around they instantly think Madonna and MJ, and rightfully so (despite my dislike for Madonna).

I think Taylor’s a far more interesting artist in comparison to any of her peers. Her music spans beyond the scope of Pop so it almost feels too limiting to call her “Queen of Pop.”

• Love 1

Titles, like records, are meant to be claimed and changed by artists.

Taylor has proven that she is not only a sales force, but a streaming force also, as well as a touring force AND has had critical acclaim the entire time.

She has made artists rights a more important topic of conversation, and has only futher and further built her fanbase.

Noone is doing it like her, and they haven't been for awhile.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Henry. said:

Delusional to think she's ''the new queen of pop'' or ''music industry''. All of her success is because of her tactics, classy white woman image and the fact we're living in streaming era. She has no pop culture, music impact and no classics :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red: 

It all feels so forced :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

She had number one global singles and albums before the streaming era, but which is it? Her "tactics" involved giving away half an album for free on the day of release.

On 11/1/2022 at 12:03 PM, X_M said:

disagree, being queen of pop is more than just sales, in that case i would call her queen of music industry, what she's achieving has nothing to do with the music genre.

I totally agree! Taylor is clearly the queen of something (sales, marketing, music industry…), but saying she is the Queen of Pop is not the right title. She is too much of a chameleon to have that crown!

17 hours ago, fays1 said:

I mean Katy Perry dominated the charts for a long time not long ago, and now shes literally a nobody. While Beyonce doesnt do good in charts but shes the Queen. You need more than charts to have influence.

Except Beyoncé does good in charts. Renaissance? Have you heard about it? Break Your Soul and Cuff It? Sis, you’re spreading false info as usual. :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

I definitely think she has surpassed Britney (sorry 😬) but hasn’t passed Madonna yet. Yes Britney influenced a generation but I think longevity is a big factor for this title. Taylor’s been at it for 15 years and is still very popular. I’d argue that Britney’s career ended in 2007. That is mostly due to the conservatorship IMO

• Like 2

M is the queen of pop ofc. Taylor is easily the biggest pop girl since britney and probably has surpassed britney at success now due to her longevity. Taylor has insane sales, critical acclaim, insane tours, quality music and lyrics and cool music videos. She does experiment with her genre so boxing her into pop isnt the optimal way. On the other hand Madonna has shifted genres too but she has always had the pop thing no matter what she does while taylor has been labeled country and folk. Honestly maybe shes just the biggest musical legend of the 21th century i think that gives tay enough credit and keeps madonnas crown. But yeah I think theres no question that the royalty crown has shifted like this: Madonna - > Britney -> Taylor. Swift has surpassed lady G and her peers ages ago so she earns it

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Yuki said:

I’d say def pop royalty but Queen no ….. she has never done any first or given like a shock value or made peoples mouths drop except for her love life .

Britney has impacted pop culture and single handedly revived solo female pop artist ….. so no girl she isn’t queen .

I think LWYMMD dropped everyones mouth. U cant say that was not unexpected at the time and iconic, she bounced back very well with a very cool video and reinvention. 

Also not for everyone maybe but for many folklore announcement and the style and era was a massive shock

9 hours ago, Style. said:

Except Beyoncé does good in charts. Renaissance? Have you heard about it? Break Your Soul and Cuff It? Sis, you’re spreading false info as usual. :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

Last time Beyonce had a number 1 single was 15 years ago, and most her songs barely make the top 10. It is well known that Beyonce doesnt have the best charts next to Rihanna or Katy Perry, but shes considered better than them. This is why charts dont mean anything..

23 hours ago, Carnoboy said:

Madonna = Pop Queen

Britney Spears = Pop Princess

Taylor Swift = Pop Empress

Everybody is happy.

You have to change and influence the pop music industry to be called the new queen of pop. I don't see any new artist being influenced by her type of music, by her likes, by her outfits, by her way of performing, etc.

Being a pop star is a spectrum and music is just one part.

You see, Michael, Britney, and Madonna has changed the industry forever, and until now, you would even see BTS , Miley, or Gaga referencing to them.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block