Henry Cavill announces he’ll no longer play Geralt in The Witcher

Henry Cavill just announced on social media that he will no longer be playing Geralt of Rivia after season 3. Instead, he’ll be handing over his sword to Liam Hemsworth. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkTv9FyPnNz/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

To be honest I did expect this. Firstly, Henry is a fan of the game/books and he himself revealed that he had to correct the screen writers on multiple occasions regarding storyline and dialogue. He wants to stay true to the original source and he revealed a while ago that he hopes they do precisely that following season two. Now the plot is kind of weak, I’m not gonna lie so he probably dropped it for that matter. Plus, it was revealed the writers dislike the original source of the story lmao

Also, he announced his return as Superman so I guess he can’t really be playing two major roles at the same time for different companies so my guess is that DC had the better offer. 

Thoughts on this one and do you look forward to seeing Liam as Geralt? I honestly find it difficult picturing anyone else play Geralt but Henry. He bodied that role so well, same as with Superman.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

He wasn't happy,  when the fans of the watcher was dissed, guess who was also in that comment. 

The star himself.

Mind you he's the first person to defend fandoms calling them passionate, not toxic. 

It was at the time Rian did a major no no and killed Luke Skywalker, and shat on the star wars fandoms saying he did it intentionally knowing it would piss people off. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
On 10/29/2022 at 9:38 PM, Mr. Cavill said:

To be honest I did expect this. Firstly, Henry is a fan of the game/books and he himself revealed that he had to correct the screen writers on multiple occasions regarding storyline and dialogue. He wants to stay true to the original source and he revealed a while ago that he hopes they do precisely that following season two. Now the plot is kind of weak, I’m not gonna lie so he probably dropped it for that matter. Plus, it was revealed the writers dislike the original source of the story lmao

this 

at this point, only really good fantasy shows that mostly follow the original source are Game of Thrones - seasons 1 - 4 (George R. R. Martin helped writing this part of the show) & House of the Dragon (George involved again). Rest of it is lost due to Hellweird and Shytflix nonsense. Henry was the only reason I finished season two. I mean, that man was brought to this world to be Geralt.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
20 hours ago, Body ache said:

Is it worth a watch?

No. Season was, as probably every season 1, was a starter, kinda ok. Let's say 7.5 / 8 out of 10 for a regular spectator. Those who read books and played games would rate differently. Season two was a big hot (only because of Henry) mess. Over all, many fantasy nerds and geeks agree that it's 

Game of Thrones (seasons 1-4) & House of the Dragon (last episode of season 1 aired last week).

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Wheels of Time, Lord of the Right: Rings of Power, The Witcher, Game of Thrones seasons 7 & 8 put together.

So to answer your question, no if you are a fan of The Witcher's original soursces unless you are a regular spectator who does not enjoy the world itself and is not basically absorbed by it.

• Love 2
On 10/29/2022 at 12:38 PM, Mr. Cavill said:

Henry Cavill just announced on social media that he will no longer be playing Geralt of Rivia after season 3. Instead, he’ll be handing over his sword to Liam Hemsworth. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkTv9FyPnNz/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Also, he announced his return as Superman so I guess he can’t really be playing two major roles at the same time for different companies so my guess is that Marvel had the better offer. 

Thoughts on this one and do you look forward to seeing Liam as Geralt? I honestly find it difficult picturing anyone else play Geralt but Henry. He bodied that role so well, same as with Superman.

Superman isn't Marvel/Disney, he's DC/Warner Bros. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Haha 3

I've read about the writers of Netflix hating the source material and yeah .. I can understand Henry leaves the sinking ship. I am pretty sure the next season will be the one that cancels it. :angietea_angelina_jolie_tea_sips_coffee_mug_cup_drink_spilling_spill:  I guess the big companies will never learn that you should be respectful to the existing source material and fans.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

He has a serious problem with pursuing inappropriately young women and it's only a matter of time before he's exposed. I'm sure netflix is well aware of this and is acting accordingly.

Not saying that this is impossible but I’ve only seen this rumour once on a random tweet a while ago. Can you elaborate a bit more?

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

He has a serious problem with pursuing inappropriately young women and it's only a matter of time before he's exposed. I'm sure netflix is well aware of this and is acting accordingly.

What is it with middle-aged men pursuing young girls???? Straight men can be so ridiculous 🙄 

2 hours ago, LizeS_ said:

What is it with middle-aged men pursuing young girls???? Straight men can be so ridiculous 🙄 

He's not even 40, and if their over 18. 

What's the big deal. 

How many gays prefer older men cos of their bedroom skills is better than someone their own age..

The fact I read a guy OK YouTube admit. It took him 8 attempts to put in a girl's flower, and she already did it.

That's embarrassing.  8 attempts before the perfect landing..

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block