LISTEN TO BLACKOUT IN THIS ORDER (and thank me later)

The Dolby Atmos remaster of Blackout is pretty amazing and it really highlighted for me the various threads within the music that – when properly organized – tell a cohesive story, both sonically and thematically. Listen to Blackout in this order for that fully realized experience (brief explanations in the spoiler cuts):

1. Gimme More

Spoiler

Literally the opening credits, listing the names of those involved and setting the tone for all that's to come. Instantly iconic.

2. Break The Ice

Spoiler

The first scene, obviously, with Britney directly acknowledging her return after being away. Beckons the listener to stay, letting you know that she's gonna make you feel good.

3. Freakshow

Spoiler

Britney dives right in with getting weird and different. This is a departure from [her] standard pop, so let's get freaky! (Note the distorted production.)

4. Piece Of Me

Spoiler

Keeping it weird musically: Don't like who she is now? So what! Britney gives zero fücks, challenging any naysayers to try and bring her down. (Note the distorted production.)

5. Radar

Spoiler

Britney is equally confident and assertive when it comes to men, making it known the kind of guy that can meet her level. She spots one and she's going after him...

6. Ooh Ooh Baby

Spoiler

End of Act I: Britney's got her new man and they are passionately living it up. Fade out...

7. Get Back

Spoiler

Opening of Act II: Britney reintroduces herself, now off the market and in a relationship. But that in no way means that she's lost her swag.

8. Perfect Lover

Spoiler

The bass keeps bumping while Britney and her man enjoy the bliss of their séxual connection.

9. Heaven On Earth

Spoiler

This connection is about more than just séx however: Britney is head over heels in love. (Note the obvious '80s style synths) This is the most vulnerable song on the album... Then, blackout! Afterwards/offscreen, the relationship shatters...

10. Everybody

Spoiler

Following the painful events of the breakup (which is private and specifically not documented on the album) Britney is back at the club and looking to have a good time, letting everybody know that she's still got it. (Note the '80s synths from a direct sample.)

11. Why Should I Be Sad

Spoiler

But all that empty partying soon gets Britney in her feelings. She reflects on the heartbreak, but is determined to not let it get her down. This is Resilient-ney.

12. Get Naked (I Got A Plan)

Spoiler

Now Britney's going scorched earth, turning the party allll the way up and fücking that pain away. Beats are bumping their hardest.

13. Toy Soldier

Spoiler

Beats keep bumping, as Britney contemplates her ex once more – especially since he's trying to get back up in her business. Only, she is so over that and does not give second chances. Instead, she's out looking for who will be her next man – an even better one. This is both a kiss-off anthem and a boss anthem!

14. Hot As Ice

Spoiler

Album closer: Confident-ney telling us how it is. She is, was, and always will be the baddest bîtch! ~Fin~

I PROOOMISE YOU IT IS WORTH IT!

Let me know what you think after!!
:kisses2all_britney_pom_piece_of_me_green_blowing_kissing::prettyney_britney_iggy_girls_bbma_2015_hair_flip_bounce::bparty_piece_of_me_pom_britney_clubbing_blackout_2007_dancing_dance:

(Especially since I really put a lot of thought into this. Cheers!)

• Love 3
Just now, Tetris said:

The Dolby Atmos remaster of Blackout is pretty amazing and it really highlighted for me the various threads within the music that – when properly organized – tell a cohesive story, both sonically and thematically. Listen to Blackout in this order for that fully realized experience (brief explanations in the spoiler cuts):

1. Gimme More

Reveal hidden contents

Literally the opening credits, listing the names of those involved and setting the tone for all that's to come. Instantly iconic.

2. Break The Ice

Reveal hidden contents

The first scene, obviously, with Britney directly acknowledging her return after being away. Beckons the listener to stay, letting you know that she's gonna make you feel good.

3. Freakshow

Reveal hidden contents

Britney dives right in with getting weird and different. This is a departure from [her] standard pop, so let's get freaky! (Note the distorted production.)

4. Piece Of Me

Reveal hidden contents

Keeping it weird musically: Don't like who she is now? So what! Britney gives zero fücks, challenging any naysayers to try and bring her down. (Note the distorted production.)

5. Radar

Reveal hidden contents

Britney is equally confident and assertive when it comes to men, making it known the kind of guy that can meet her level. She spots one and she's going after him...

6. Ooh Ooh Baby

Reveal hidden contents

End of Act I: Britney's got her new man and they are passionately living it up. Fade out...

7. Get Back

Reveal hidden contents

Opening of Act II: Britney reintroduces herself, now off the market and in a relationship. But that in no way means that she's lost her swag.

8. Perfect Lover

Reveal hidden contents

The bass keeps bumping while Britney and her man enjoy the bliss of their séxual connection.

9. Heaven On Earth

Reveal hidden contents

This connection is about more than just séx however: Britney is head over heels in love. (Note the obvious '80s style synths) This is the most vulnerable song on the album... Then, blackout! Afterwards/offscreen, the relationship shatters...

10. Everybody

Reveal hidden contents

Following the painful events of the breakup (which is private and specifically not documented on the album) Britney is back at the club and looking to have a good time, letting everybody know that she's still got it. (Note the '80s synths from a direct sample.)

11. Why Should I Be Sad

Reveal hidden contents

But all that empty partying soon gets Britney in her feelings. She reflects on the heartbreak, but is determined to not let it get her down. This is Resilient-ney.

12. Get Naked (I Got A Plan)

Reveal hidden contents

Now Britney's going scorched earth, turning the party allll the way up and fücking that pain away. Beats are bumping their hardest.

13. Toy Soldier

Reveal hidden contents

Beats keep bumping, as Britney contemplates her ex once more – especially since he's trying to get back up in her business. Only, she is so over that and does not give second chances. Instead, she's out looking for who will be her next man – an even better one. This is a both a kiss-off anthem and a boss anthem!

14. Hot As Ice

Reveal hidden contents

Album closer: Confident-ney telling us how it is. She is, was, and always will be the baddest bîtch! ~Fin~

I PROOOMISE YOU IT IS WORTH IT!

Let me know what you think after!!
:kisses2all_britney_pom_piece_of_me_green_blowing_kissing::prettyney_britney_iggy_girls_bbma_2015_hair_flip_bounce::bparty_piece_of_me_pom_britney_clubbing_blackout_2007_dancing_dance:

(Especially since I really put a lot of thought into this. Cheers!)

:girlbye_walking_away_leave_get_out_leaving_chair_okay:

6 minutes ago, BananaBoy98 said:

We are not interested for reviews, but want download link :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Just got wav files and everybody who wants them, send me PM.

Sis this ain’t a review. It’s a track list recommendation. You can have the same experience that I’m talking about by just making a playlist.

I was simply inspired by the Dolby remaster.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LaLisaManoban said:

I appreciate your effort! The only thing that did not convince me was Hot as Ice as the final track

Did you give it a listen? :) 
Since Hot As Ice is an uptempo that fades out, I think it’s a great come down from the whole party of the album without literally using a slower song. It makes me think of when the music finishes at a club/bar and they turn the lights up. Plus, I like that it finishes things on a positive note, with the lyrics encouraging self confidence.

TBH, I had initially placed Gimme More as the final track - like a grand finale, ending credits, total mic drop. I also really liked the idea of her intentionally leaving us wanting more… But it didn’t quite work. GM has to be the opener. 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Toxic.Latin said:

gqCjZq4.gif&nbsp

Get back was originally meant to be the first single and the album opener because it set the whole mood for dark britney. All of u that did not place GET BACK first are flop fans.

200.webp

I fûcking love Get Back. 
It’s the “first” song to “part 2” in my track list 

:pieceofwhat_britney_awkward:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block