What do you remember from the 2000s?

I was born in 1999 so I didn't experience the 2000s from adult's perspective, what about you? What do you remember, even as a kid? :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening: 

I don't remember Britney's peak cause I was too young, I remember Toxic in radios and her breakdown, wild rumors :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing: 

I remember that the 2000s fashion was truly wild and now when I look back my mom's outfits were slaying :bouncey: 

It's interesting to see how technology changed 

This is embarrassing but I remember having a ''crush'' on this guy, I thought he was super cool :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing::imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

Phil of the Future (TV Series 2004–2006) - Photo Gallery - IMDb

Obviously I remember a lot of different Disney, Nickelodeon TV shows, cartoons etc. like The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, Spongebob etc.

2000s kids were eating well :bouncey: Isn't it wild we currently live in 2020s :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods

Omg the early 2000’s give me so much life. The nostalgia!!! :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: 
I just loved how much more simple it was compared to everything now a days. Even things like Halloween and Christmas seemed better back then.

So I guess my answer would be the simplicity of everything. 

I was also obsessed with The Amanda Show :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: The Amanda Show Nicksplat GIF by NickRewind

• Love 3

It's strange, if I think 10 years ago, 2012, it doesn't feel like my life or myself have changed so much, because now I'm older.

But if I think from 2000 - 2009 it was like if I lived several lifetimes. I was 6 years old at the beginning of 2000 but I was 16 at the end of 2009.

I lived elementary school, secondary school, high school in that timeframe. 5 Britney Spears eras. 3 generations of Pokémon (and only because Gen IV lasted so long). 

But I think it's mainly school years what helps me categorize my memories with the aid of music and tv shows, which kinda explain why the recent years are a bit of a blur since I've spent too many years in one job at a time, and I don't listen to a lot of new music, so I don't have that sense of temporality anymore. 

To the point, what I remember from the 2000's is music and television, and I don't talk just about MTV, but literally, all music and television. Since we didn't have the streaming platforms that we have today, you had to watch MTV or your local music channel, all day to get to see your favorite artists, so even if you didn't like the other artists or videos, you had no choice but to know them too (or risk changing the channel and miss the beginning of a video you liked). 

I was very blessed that because of my older cousins I was always into music since the mid 90's. By the 2000, my siblings and I would watch MTV's Los 10 + Pedidos (Latin America's version of TRL) every day and Top 20 on the weekends. MTV had special themed weekends, idk if this was something exclusive to Latin America, but they would have for example during summer, a weekend of videos at the beach, and it was idk, an hour or two hours of videos at the beach, or videos in black and white, or collaborations, or live performances, or ballads, or idk.

Also, being in Latin America I was also blessed because we got the hits in Spanish and English, and only  after many years I realized we also got a lot of European acts that weren't that popular in the US, and similarly other artists that were considered big in the US, were nowhere near as popular in here (I always assumed we were getting everything from the US). 

Of course Britney Spears was my favorite, but I used to like most pop music in general. At the end of the year, MTV would do a Top 100 countdown and it was always very exciting to watch in the New Year's Eve. 

Other than that, cartoons were also at its peak. Nickelodeon which I believe it's from the same parent company as MTV, they also had themed weekends. Nicktoons were the best, but we also got live action shows, such as Kenan & Kel, Sabrina, Clueless (a very underrated series just because it got a different Cher from the movie), Sister Sister, etc. But there was also Fox Kids, Cartoon Network, and Discovery Kids used to be a channel more aimed at teenagers, with both scientific and sci-fi shows that were more mature than any other channel's content. It was such a shock when the DK turned into a channel for preschoolers. I'll never move on from that.

Particularly in Mexico, I think it was also the peak of telenovelas (soap operas). We used to have telenovelas aimed at kids (where child stars and now current pop princesses Belinda and Danna Paola rose to fame), telenovelas aimed at teenagers, and then the three telenovelas for adults. I watched pretty much all of them despite being a kid lol We had comedy shows, I even used to watch the sports shows whenever there were olympics or a world cup. 

In the anime world, we got the remnants of the 90's such as Dragon Ball Z, Ranma, etc which kept getting re-runs pretty much all decade, and we had new shows as well like Pokémon, Digimon, etc. Well they were late 90's, but I meant they kept getting new seasons. 

But I do gotta say that the 2000's had its lows too. I think it was precisely that transition from the first half to the second, so I'd say that years 2003-2005 were kinda dull, but they had other things in return. Music changed, television changed, but there were like new things to do instead. Then by 2006 music started to be better in general again, and so were videogames and tv shows, but it was like a whole new world than it was back in 2000, even though only half a decade had passed. 

Britney started like this 

and closed the decade with this

Shakira started like this

and closed like this

Thalia started like this

and ended up like this

and many more examples, all of them with many different eras in between. 

Life was way different in general. I remember playing in the streets with my neighbors. Not being scared to walk to the store. Even economy wise I think my country was a bit better. 1 US dollar was about 9-10 Mexican pesos. Now it's almost 1 : 20.

I always had internet in my house because of my dad's job, but they would never let us use it because it required to take over the telephone line and that would've been a sin, since we were receiving telephone calls all day. Now the phone barely rings and it's mostly spam calls. It wasn't until post 2006 that he had to let us use it because our homeworks each time required more and more things that got to be researched and weren't found on books or those little stamps they sold.

In terms of videogames I think the GameCube and Wii were the most fun, but I remember being so surprised by the Nintendo DS and the touch screen. It felt so futuristic to use a stylus or use your own fingers to touch a button on a screen. Or be able to trade Pokémon with other people around the world. Or play a videogame with a remote, wireless control. 

Now, not everything was happiness. My favorite groups from the 90's got disbanded in this decade. OV7 separated in 2003 and Kabah did it in 2005 I think. Lynda entered a hiatus, well, basically she retired in 2002 and we didn't get to hear anything about her until 2018. Imagine one of your faves being gone for 16 years, with no clue of whether she was still alive or not. She literally disappeared.

I also must confess that Gen III of Pokémon was my least favorite and kinda stepped back from it during this time, but I got back to it right before Gen IV started. 

Most peasants will remember the Tamagotchis from the 90's, but only the educated people like me remember the 00's version, Tamagotchi Connection. That was the real ****. They received several versions or upgrades until they kinda screwed it after V 4.5

3340_01.jpg

Then there's of course the beginning of social media with things like MySpace, Twitter, Facebook, but I used to use hotmail's Messenger the most.

I think if I had to rank the 00's, of course based on my personal experience, it would be like this

1. 2000
  2. 2006
  3. 2001
  4. 2008
  5. 2007
  6. 2003
  7. 2009
  8. 2005
  9. 2002
  10. 2004

but every year had its good and bad things.

I could also talk about my teenage years, self-discovery and discovery of many other things, but this is not the forum to talk about it d8yvjyh-0b8228ca-9a5b-4d1e-ac0b-87796415 :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

• Love 3
12 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

It's strange, if I think 10 years ago, 2012, it doesn't feel like my life or myself have changed so much, because now I'm older.

But if I think from 2000 - 2009 it was like if I lived several lifetimes. I was 6 years old at the beginning of 2000 but I was 16 at the end of 2009.

I lived elementary school, secondary school, high school in that timeframe. 5 Britney Spears eras. 3 generations of Pokémon (and only because Gen IV lasted so long). 

But I think it's mainly school years what helps me categorize my memories with the aid of music and tv shows, which kinda explain why the recent years are a bit of a blur since I've spent too many years in one job at a time, and I don't listen to a lot of new music, so I don't have that sense of temporality anymore. 

To the point, what I remember from the 2000's is music and television, and I don't talk just about MTV, but literally, all music and television. Since we didn't have the streaming platforms that we have today, you had to watch MTV or your local music channel, all day to get to see your favorite artists, so even if you didn't like the other artists or videos, you had no choice but to know them too (or risk changing the channel and miss the beginning of a video you liked). 

I was very blessed that because of my older cousins I was always into music since the mid 90's. By the 2000, my siblings and I would watch MTV's Los 10 + Pedidos (Latin America's version of TRL) every day and Top 20 on the weekends. MTV had special themed weekends, idk if this was something exclusive to Latin America, but they would have for example during summer, a weekend of videos at the beach, and it was idk, an hour or two hours of videos at the beach, or videos in black and white, or collaborations, or live performances, or ballads, or idk.

Also, being in Latin America I was also blessed because we got the hits in Spanish and English, and only  after many years I realized we also got a lot of European acts that weren't that popular in the US, and similarly other artists that were considered big in the US, were nowhere near as popular in here (I always assumed we were getting everything from the US). 

Of course Britney Spears was my favorite, but I used to like most pop music in general. At the end of the year, MTV would do a Top 100 countdown and it was always very exciting to watch in the New Year's Eve. 

Other than that, cartoons were also at its peak. Nickelodeon which I believe it's from the same parent company as MTV, they also had themed weekends. Nicktoons were the best, but we also got live action shows, such as Kenan & Kel, Sabrina, Clueless (a very underrated series just because it got a different Cher from the movie), Sister Sister, etc. But there was also Fox Kids, Cartoon Network, and Discovery Kids used to be a channel more aimed at teenagers, with both scientific and sci-fi shows that were more mature than any other channel's content. It was such a shock when the DK turned into a channel for preschoolers. I'll never move on from that.

Particularly in Mexico, I think it was also the peak of telenovelas (soap operas). We used to have telenovelas aimed at kids (where child stars and now current pop princesses Belinda and Danna Paola rose to fame), telenovelas aimed at teenagers, and then the three telenovelas for adults. I watched pretty much all of them despite being a kid lol We had comedy shows, I even used to watch the sports shows whenever there were olympics or a world cup. 

In the anime world, we got the remnants of the 90's such as Dragon Ball Z, Ranma, etc which kept getting re-runs pretty much all decade, and we had new shows as well like Pokémon, Digimon, etc. Well they were late 90's, but I meant they kept getting new seasons. 

But I do gotta say that the 2000's had its lows too. I think it was precisely that transition from the first half to the second, so I'd say that years 2003-2005 were kinda dull, but they had other things in return. Music changed, television changed, but there were like new things to do instead. Then by 2006 music started to be better in general again, and so were videogames and tv shows, but it was like a whole new world than it was back in 2000, even though only half a decade had passed. 

Britney started like this 

and closed the decade with this

Shakira started like this

and closed like this

Thalia started like this

and ended up like this

and many more examples, all of them with many different eras in between. 

Life was way different in general. I remember playing in the streets with my neighbors. Not being scared to walk to the store. Even economy wise I think my country was a bit better. 1 US dollar was about 9-10 Mexican pesos. Now it's almost 1 : 20.

I always had internet in my house because of my dad's job, but they would never let us use it because it required to take over the telephone line and that would've been a sin, since we were receiving telephone calls all day. Now the phone barely rings and it's mostly spam calls. It wasn't until post 2006 that he had to let us use it because our homeworks each time required more and more things that got to be researched and weren't found on books or those little stamps they sold.

In terms of videogames I think the GameCube and Wii were the most fun, but I remember being so surprised by the Nintendo DS and the touch screen. It felt so futuristic to use a stylus or use your own fingers to touch a button on a screen. Or be able to trade Pokémon with other people around the world. Or play a videogame with a remote, wireless control. 

Now, not everything was happiness. My favorite groups from the 90's got disbanded in this decade. OV7 separated in 2003 and Kabah did it in 2005 I think. Lynda entered a hiatus, well, basically she retired in 2002 and we didn't get to hear anything about her until 2018. Imagine one of your faves being gone for 16 years, with no clue of whether she was still alive or not. She literally disappeared.

I also must confess that Gen III of Pokémon was my least favorite and kinda stepped back from it during this time, but I got back to it right before Gen IV started. 

Most peasants will remember the Tamagotchis from the 90's, but only the educated people like me remember the 00's version, Tamagotchi Connection. That was the real ****. They received several versions or upgrades until they kinda screwed it after V 4.5

3340_01.jpg

Then there's of course the beginning of social media with things like MySpace, Twitter, Facebook, but I used to use hotmail's Messenger the most.

I think if I had to rank the 00's, of course based on my personal experience, it would be like this

1. 2000
  2. 2006
  3. 2001
  4. 2008
  5. 2007
  6. 2003
  7. 2009
  8. 2005
  9. 2002
  10. 2004

but every year had its good and bad things.

I could also talk about my teenage years, self-discovery and discovery of many other things, but this is not the forum to talk about it d8yvjyh-0b8228ca-9a5b-4d1e-ac0b-87796415 :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

I love this post :bouncey: A lot of things I can relate to despite our age difference :bouncey:

• Love 2

I'll never forget those years I pined over my high school crush. He was naturally hot and popular. He had his clique. We struck up an unusual friendship over the years. Initially, out of the blue, it started with him asking me to help him with his homework in the library. Then weeks or months would go by before he would ask me for help again. Sometimes he would see me in the hallway and nod. Other times, particularly in the cafeteria, he would sit next to me for the briefest of moments to strike up a casual conversation before hanging out with his football crew. One time he came and sat next to me on the bus. He didn't say much to me, but sometimes I would catch him staring longingly into my eyes. Little moments would happen here or there - almost too coincidentally. I was walking to the mall to see a movie at a theatre alone (naturally). We randomly crossed paths. He asked me what I was doing. I told him I was going to the movies. He asked which one and asked to join. We watched a movie together, and I thought the entire time I was living in my own movie because it was so surreal that one of the hottest guys at school was here with me.

Shortly after that, he asked me to help him again with his schoolwork, and we met at the library at lunch. We didn't get as much done as we liked, so he asked if he could come to my place after school to review it more. So here we are. My crush was in my bedroom going over his homework on my computer. At one point, his face gets close to my shoulders, and he ever so slightly brushes his chin back and forth over my shoulders. I don't say anything. I'm immobilized. I don't know what happened, but I think I accidentally clicked on my music player and "When Your Eyes Say It" started to play over the computer speakers. I was dying of embarrassment. I try to scramble to turn it off, but he grabs my thighs and says, "No, don't. I like this," while EYE ******* ME. Then he kisses me hard on my lips, and at this point, I'm convulsing with utter shock and excitement.

I don't remember much of what happened next, but we were all over each other. We gradually get on top of my bed, and he's lying over me, gripping my back with his hands while making out with me. He pauses momentarily to lift his shirt off. We dive back into kissing. Mind you, I'm still fully clothed. Then in a quick haste, he stands up, takes his belt off, pulls his pants down, and proceeds to make out with me after lying back down again, but this time he's stroking his cook with his other hand. At this point, I wasn't sure what I should be doing. He was taking complete control. I was perfectly content with making out with him. Eventually, he cums all over my clothes, face, and body. Then we lay there for a few moments. He asked me if I enjoyed it. I nodded. We kissed passionately again.

After a while, he tells me he needs to leave because he has to head home but that he'd like to talk about this later. After that, we didn't talk about what happened in passing at school. I was too shy to bring it up, and I was mainly waiting for him to define what was happening between us. He was always diligent in making me feel I was important to him (you know, making small talk or spending time on the bus), but we never hung out again. On the last day of school, as I was waiting for my mom to pick me up on the side of the road, he told me that he would really miss me. I told him I would really miss him too. He then asked if I wanted to see a movie called Mean Girls at the theatre with him at a specific time. This was when most people didn't have cellphones, so we agreed to meet up at the movie at the particular showing. He never did show up that day. Though I loved watching Mean Girls by myself, I was sad I didn't see him again. We never saw each other again after that day. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

I'll never forget those years I pined over my high school crush. He was naturally hot and popular. He had his clique. We struck up an unusual friendship over the years. Initially, out of the blue, it started with him asking me to help him with his homework in the library. Then weeks or months would go by before he would ask me for help again. Sometimes he would see me in the hallway and nod. Other times, particularly in the cafeteria, he would sit next to me for the briefest of moments to strike up a casual conversation before hanging out with his football crew. One time he came and sat next to me on the bus. He didn't say much to me, but sometimes I would catch him staring longingly into my eyes. Little moments would happen here or there - almost too coincidentally. I was walking to the mall to see a movie at a theatre alone (naturally). We randomly crossed paths. He asked me what I was doing. I told him I was going to the movies. He asked which one and asked to join. We watched a movie together, and I thought the entire time I was living in my own movie because it was so surreal that one of the hottest guys at school was here with me.

Shortly after that, he asked me to help him again with his schoolwork, and we met at the library at lunch. We didn't get as much done as we liked, so he asked if he could come to my place after school to review it more. So here we are. My crush was in my bedroom going over his homework on my computer. At one point, his face gets close to my shoulders, and he ever so slightly brushes his chin back and forth over my shoulders. I don't say anything. I'm immobilized. I don't know what happened, but I think I accidentally clicked on my music player and "When Your Eyes Say It" started to play over the computer speakers. I was dying of embarrassment. I try to scramble to turn it off, but he grabs my thighs and says, "No, don't. I like this," while EYE ******* ME. Then he kisses me hard on my lips, and at this point, I'm convulsing with utter shock and excitement.

I don't remember much of what happened next, but we were all over each other. We gradually get on top of my bed, and he's lying over me, gripping my back with his hands while making out with me. He pauses momentarily to lift his shirt off. We dive back into kissing. Mind you, I'm still fully clothed. Then in a quick haste, he stands up, takes his belt off, pulls his pants down, and proceeds to make out with me after lying back down again, but this time he's stroking his cook with his other hand. At this point, I wasn't sure what I should be doing. He was taking complete control. I was perfectly content with making out with him. Eventually, he cums all over my clothes, face, and body. Then we lay there for a few moments. He asked me if I enjoyed it. I nodded. We kissed passionately again.

After a while, he tells me he needs to leave because he has to head home but that he'd like to talk about this later. After that, we didn't talk about what happened in passing at school. I was too shy to bring it up, and I was mainly waiting for him to define what was happening between us. He was always diligent in making me feel I was important to him (you know, making small talk or spending time on the bus), but we never hung out again. On the last day of school, as I was waiting for my mom to pick me up on the side of the road, he told me that he would really miss me. I told him I would really miss him too. He then asked if I wanted to see a movie called Mean Girls at the theatre with him at a specific time. This was when most people didn't have cellphones, so we agreed to meet up at the movie at the particular showing. He never did show up that day. Though I loved watching Mean Girls by myself, I was sad I didn't see him again. We never saw each other again after that day. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRE_2d8hlEbUQ68Rsd7-AF

• Haha 1

I remember early 2000's the internet started to become mainstream but things weren't as available as they are now.

When a song or a music video was released you still had to wait for it to play on the radio or on mtv, you couldn't just go online and listen/see it the minute it came out. And there was no spotify or itunes at first so even if you did hear or see the song/video, you'd have to tape it .

Like I remember during the Britney era I would be glued to the tv in my parents living room for 7-8 hours watching mtv untill Britney's new video would come on and I could tape it to rewatch it when I wanted.

Or you'd go to Breatheheavy or World of Britney and watch the music video stills :ricackle_rihanna_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe:

Cellphones and the rise of the internet were the biggest major changes of the 2000's and also the fastest evolving.

Itunes, youtube, gossip sites, all become major.

At school it was all like paper notes and books and all that and there was no plae for LGBTQ's or anti-bullying or whatever. You just had to fit in. There was maybe like one gay kid that came out and then he was "the gay kid" in shool.

As far as the news, everything was 9/11, terrorism, war in Irak, division between muslims and non-muslims. 

• Love 2

This is gonna be a long post:urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:

Music:

• Madonna had a rollerocaster of eras during 00s :eyes_britney_laugh: Going from futuristic "Music" to being despised by GP after releasing highly controversial "American Life", just to have one of her career peaks with "Confessions on a Dance Floor" and then fall into the meh zone with "Hard Candy"
  • Mariah Carey went from record breaking chart-topper to having one of the biggest box office bombs with her movie Glitter. It was heartbreaking tbh, but she made massive comeback with her album "The Emancipation of Mimi" :ohcrap_britney_crap_omg_glory_jimmy_kimmel_jkl_surprised_wow:
  • Britney dominated the world in 00s. She was E V E R Y W H E R E. If you open any celebrity gossip magazine from that period, you'll find at least one article about Britney. Some people started calling her has-been when she was on hiatus, but she proved everyone wrong with 2007-2009. She is single handledly the most influental female celebrity of 00s :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:
  • There were a lot of one hit wonders in 00s. Like artists who would have one hit for one week on the charts and just disappear. I guess it was because of Myspace, and Billboard not understanding what to do with digital purschases as iTunes was getting very popular. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:
  • 00s was had few hit producers who shaped the popular music; Max Martin was the most important, Timbaland changed pop music for 2004-2007, RedOne was the IT producer of 2008-2009
  • In 2005-2009 we saw a lot of newcomers who had minor (to major) success in late 00s but would become super popular later in 2010s;  Drake, Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, Adele, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga etc.

Movies and TV:

• 00s were amazing time for fantasy movies: Harry Potter, The Lord of The Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Chronicles of Narnia..
  • Few "dead" genres got ressurrected for both TV and Movies; superhero movies (X-Men, Spider-Man), Musicals (Moulin Rouge, High School Musical, Glee). There was also this weird time when we got like 10 big documentary films per year (Super Size Me, Fahrenheit 9/11, An Inconvenient Truth:katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:
  • the TV shows of 00s were AMAZING. Lost, Dexter, O. C., Desperate Housewives, The WIre, Six Feet Under, The Office, 24, Malcolm in the Middle, C.S.I, House, Breaking Bad, Heroes... the list goes on and on, so it actually never bothered me that much that we had to wait one week to watch the next episode, because there was so much to watch. :wink_britney_everytime_white: I know some of them went into downhill, but most of them were pretty nice in 00s :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:
  • 00s was the time when Reality TV and competition shows blew up; Big Brother, The Idol, Survivor, Jersey Shore, Keeping Up with the Kardashians etc. These shows spawned tons of new celebrities (Kardashians, Kelly Clarkson, Adam Lambert, Jennifer Hudson...)

Overall memories:

• Media was ruthless when it came to celebrities. If someone gained a little weight, media would call them fat (despite them being completely normal weight). If celebrity was having hard time with their personal lifes or mental health (Whitney, Mariah, Britney), it was totally OK to mock them and laugh at them. EW :gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted:
  • Was the last era of teen idols in the west IMO. Nowadays we have stans, but it's completely different to the GP idolizing stars like Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Britney, Zac Efron and many many bands. The idol culture is still strong in some Asian Countries though. I guess social media lifted the veil that made celebrities "mysterious" and worthy of blind praise. :boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm:
  • Fashion was super practical and cheap: T-shirts and jeans, trakcsuits, croptops, denim or pleather jackets... literally anyone could wear the same costumes as highest paid celebrities. There was even time when almost everyone were using crocs (and cheap counterfeits). :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:
  • 00s were the time of experimental technology; Nokia would release weirder and weirder phones every year, commercial TV's and Monitors went flat and HD, mp3-players became super popular and then started to become unpopular in late 00s, touch screens became maisntream on phones in late 00s, and then there was all the failed technologies like 3D-TVs, HD-DVD, Windows Vista etc. Generally speaking, tech-companies weren't scared of exploring uncharted territories, unlike nowadays; logos are flat, phones look exactly like each other, there's no big innovations, just bigger resolutions and better cameras :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:
  • I personally loved the final years without everyone being glued to their phones and social medias.  :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:
  • Love 1

x17online website

perez hilton website

britney spears

paris hilton

nicole richie

lindsay lohan

jessica simpson

ashlee simpson

xtina

the oc

mischa barton

the hills

the city

lauren conrad

whitney port

audrina patridge

heidi montag

speidi (heidi montag and spencer pratt)

justin bobby

vmas

laguna beach

kristin cavallari

kardashians (kim kourtney khloe)

anna nicole smith

MTV

Tila tequila

• Love 2
7 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Someone needs to make a film based on this 

reactions on Twitter: "nene leakes looking at a menu disgusted shocked  https://t.co/Q3xQkgo5ki" / Twitter

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

The first decade was truly I felt represented in media,  even shows like new girl,when prince appeared it was actual representation of elder millennials culture. 

However I do feel bad that millennials born 88-95, didn't TV shows aimed for them, and Two big reasons happened of why they were skipped in 2008, a massive writers strike happened in LA,  then of course the financial crisis of the same year happened. 

So when it all recovered,  it was more well it's more like mid 20s and early 30s are the ones that need representation, not early 20s and teens. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block