Remember this scene from The Hills? Heidi Montag reveals new face to family

• Super Mods

Oh, The Hills era! What a time :canthandleit_cry_katy_sob_sad_tears:

This show used to be my fav show ever and I was hooked! I remember this scene though and stumbled across it and thought I would share. Her poor mother trying to recognize her daughter is just so sad and this scene felt very real!
spacer.png
Heidi Montag at her wedding in 2009 before the surgeries.

During this time, Heidi was **** through the mud by the media and the GP because of her decision to have multiple elective surgeries at once. 10 to be exact! Her body, her choice. 

Interestingly enough, now a days everyone is getting plastic surgery and showing it off yet no one is penalized for it as much as Heidi was. Do I think it was a lot? Absolutely! It was also incredibly dangerous and risky. Do I think she was gorgeous before? Yes!! Do I think she looks beautiful now? Absolutely! The fact that this was blown up into some scandal that made it seem like she was botched or ruined herself was insane.

She was also probably still very swollen here as it takes time for the body to heal from surgery. Here is Heidi today in 2022, 12 years after all of the surgeries and I think she looks great! 🤍

spacer.png

Do you remember this? What were your thoughts when you seen this?

Alexa, play Body Language by Heidi Montag :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

I totally remember this. Some of the things she said she had done sound bizarre like the back thing? i remember thinking she’d have a lot of problems from all the surgeries but she looks great still and is living her best life, pregnant with her second child. I’m glad she moved along well w her life. She got a lot of hate but I was always a fan. 

• Like 2
  • Super Mods
9 minutes ago, MX3 said:

I totally remember this. Some of the things she said she had done sound bizarre like the back thing? i remember thinking she’d have a lot of problems from all the surgeries but she looks great still and is living her best life, pregnant with her second child. I’m glad she moved along well w her life. She got a lot of hate but I was always a fan. 

Me too! I also really loved some of her music! 

• Love 2

spacer.png

spacer.png

I wonder if she had all those surgeries at one time for the press it would get her or did she genuinely hate herself so much that she wanted to make all those changes. Spiedi were so desperate to in the media, and they admit it. So I just wonder if this was another tactic. I know she mentioned wanting her nose and breasts done but all the other stuff seemed excessive imo. 

• Like 3

No bc I was too young for this era of reality tv but I have mixed feelings on this. Obviously, she didn't need it, but I think she looks gorgeous with it too. It's her body, if it makes her happy to change her appearance, then I'm happy for her. But I also understand the mother feeling like she lost a part of her daughter and feeling sad that her daughter felt that insecure about herself that she had to change that drastically.

I have some things that I've been insecure about that sometimes I think, "oh, maybe I'll just get plastic surgery one day." But I've come to realize that those things are what make me uniquely me, and I rather embrace them and say "**** your beauty standards" if you don't like them. Ironically though, I get compliments on my features I'm insecure about. I still can't help but wonder if they're saying it out of pity though. :awkblink_britney_awkward_blinking:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block