Looking back, I Don't Understand Why the "In the Zone" Era Could Not Be Saved

I know Britney was over it during ITZ and touring so rigorously.

However, if she wasn't, I do not understand why she could not record close-ups of the "Outrageous" music video with just her face and things could be shot waist-up and she could do armography.

The scene with her trench coat was already shot, so was Snoop's part and the main dancing part. It's weird how it was just scrapped?

"Breathe On Me" could have been similar to "My Prerogative" in many ways.

• Love 4
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
8 minutes ago, HisNameisChase said:

I know Britney was over it during ITZ and touring so rigorously.

However, if she wasn't, I do not understand why she could not record close-ups of the "Outrageous" music video with just her face and things could be shot waist-up and she could do armography.

The scene with her trench coat was already shot, so was Snoop's part and the main dancing part. It's weird how it was just scrapped?

"Breathe On Me" could have been similar to "My Prerogative" in many ways.

Are you serious? Her doing armography back then? This fan base ridicules her for doing it now. Absolutely not. It was best to just scrap the entire video. 

I’m glad “Outrageous” was scrapped tbh, it was attached to R.Kelly and the “Catwoman” movie, which flopped hard. However, the album was full of hits and they coulda kept the era going and released Breathe on Me/Touch of my Hand as singles but with how overexposed and “over it” Britney was at the time, it just wasn’t meant to be. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

It still irks me that they never put a video together.  Surely they had enough filmed to make a decent video.  We have like a minute of footage on the GHMP DVD.  And she hurt herself during the dance scene…I’m sure they filmed SOME of it prior to her getting hurt.  But maybe she just didn’t like what was filmed.

I think Britney was ready for a break, I’m sure if the label could have gotten her to do more they would have. There was no reason for them to not push the album themselves though. She just had one of her biggest hits and Everytime was well received, they should have released another single and could have given it some type of video or push. Maybe even a re-release? 

Over outrageous ; if ever released should have been released right after me against the music as promo and the Hook up should have followed everytime for the summer of 2004 as it was Britney’s fav as well and if featured with Sean Paul could have been a great addition to the era and then seamlessly go into my Prerogative… 

sequence in my mind; 

me against the music 

outrageous + breathe on me promo singles (both with music videos shot while doing those promo tours live edits ect) 

toxic (official single released so it would have gone #1) 

everytime 

The hookup ft Sean Paul dance hall edition = summer boppppp

also would have loved to have never had onyx and rather her do festivals that year and connect more with her age group of the time 

we all dream lol

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.