Taylor Swift Peak Longer Than Anyone On Pop Music?

I think Adele has had a longer “peak” than Taylor. She’s been riding high since 2010’s Rolling in the Deep. And even though she didn’t sell over 1 million copies of “30” in it’s first week debut, she was still 2021’s best selling artist, even with Taylor having released two “Taylor’s versions” albums and “Evermore”, which was released in December 2020 (so it had the majority of 2021 to out perform others). 

2 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

I think Adele has had a longer “peak” than Taylor. She’s been riding high since 2010’s Rolling in the Deep. And even though she didn’t sell over 1 million copies of “30” in it’s first week debut, she was still 2021’s best selling artist, even with Taylor having released two “Taylor’s versions” albums and “Evermore”, which was released in December 2020 (so it had the majority of 2021 to out perform others). 

As far as the US market, 30 flopped big time post the first month, it isn't even charting properly cause there is no streaming longevity. Red (Taylor's Version) , Folklore, and Evermore are all doing wayyyy better, even Lover which barely left the Top 40 since 2019.

Even the Wall Street Journal (USA) and the the Gaurdian (UK) discussed it: In July 2022, The Wall Street Journal wrote that 30 "largely came and went", falling flat commercially in comparison with Adele's previous albums, and The Guardian attributed it to the album's underperformance on streaming platforms.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, MasterMindz said:

As far as the US market, 30 flopped big time post the first month, it isn't even charting properly cause there is no streaming longevity. Red (Taylor's Version) , Folklore, and Evermore are all doing wayyyy better, even Lover which barely left the Top 40 since 2019.

Even the Wall Street Journal (USA) and the the Gaurdian (UK) discussed it: In July 2022, The Wall Street Journal wrote that 30 "largely came and went", falling flat commercially in comparison with Adele's previous albums, and The Guardian attributed it to the album's underperformance on streaming platforms.

She should have done like 2015 with 25 and releasing only physically.

41 minutes ago, MasterMindz said:

I understand your stance and I agree but as a unit measure of a years time, 30 succeeded better than Taylor’s works. Taylor is consistent but Adele had a big enough impact in a short term, than even then overshadowed Taylor in a whole year. Taylor is a beast! And is a huge streaming and sales artists, I won’t take her success away, but if “peak” is what is discussed and if anyone can over shadow Taylor, I bring up Adele. She literally did. I not shading Tay but just answering the OP question if anyone can out do her. Adele did last year. 

**Oh and “30” debuting with 600,00+ sales is NOT a big time flop! Demi Lovato scored a top 10 debut with her latest album and it only had 36,000 units combined streaming and physical sales sold. So don’t call Adele’s first week a flop.

• Love 1

Adele did great, but the Vegas show wasn't to her standards..

I bet it was a very showgirl esque and she wasn't involved. 

Her fans and the public want her to sing, and due to restrictions in the UK and stuff, it was difficult to do..

30 going 3X platinum is not a flop,  but it's Adele and her follow ups are like Michael Jackson sales,, so yes it would look like a Flop..

But not her fault,  she did state why she didn't want to issue the album during the pandemic 2021 was still covid especially in November. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, MasterMindz said:

Definitely not a flop, she is a mega star! It just didn't have the staying power for an Adele album.

But like I said,  it will be compared to Michael Jackson's Bad,,which was compared to Thriller.

Critics stated that unfortunately to view Bad,,would be as a different album,  but the artist is Michael Jackson,  and Thriller was the album that makes it difficult for him to follow up. 

Adele is there, it's going to look like a flop, cos it didn't maintain the momentum of both 21 and 25,,which are diamond,  and 20 plus millions sold. 

So her bar for herself is different compared to other's unfortunately,  in eyed of critics and chart and analyst's.  

It's almost one year of 30..

One year ago, Adele dropped the follow up to 25, 30 however failed to live up to the commercial success of her last two albums, making it her lowest selling album since her debut album  2008's 19.

What went wrong?..

That's going be the headlines coming up. 

Even @Blackout2006can tell you, the one year anniversary will remind people it failed to expectations cos its Adele.  

• Like 1

Taylor is without a doubt the longest peak. It started with Fearless and has never slowed down. Even during her worst of times in the public eye, reputation had multiple #1 singles, debuted with over a million AND the Rep tour is still the highest grossing. Comparing her to Adele, who has only released 4 album in 12 years, doesn’t even make sense. Adele’s quality of albums has also GREATLY deteriorated since 21. 25 was pretty good, but nowhere close to the masterpiece of 21. 30 was fine, but a big step down from 25. It also makes me laugh that she argued the pandemic caused the album delay… as if she was out there heavily promoting 30 a year later. We still haven’t even gotten a proper second single. She just doesn’t care as much as Taylor does, which is fine. But Taylor’s passion is what keeps her going. Adele has said many times she doesn’t even think about writing until she is doing it specifically for an album. Taylor’s mind and creative never stops, even when she tries. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block