Britney wasn't happy with the final version of Do Somethin' because they put the backing singer's vocals over hers.

I remember an interview when the song was released, Britney said that the whole concept of the video was her idea and about the song in one part she mentioned that she didn't know why the producers had put the voice of the backing singer over her voice in the song.

What do you think that Britney would think about Myah marie's situation, I remember the rumors that said that her team had a singer "imitating" her voice during the BJ recordings because Britney was not in condition and they didn't even tell her, Do you think that maybe Britney thinks that Myah's voice is her voice just heavily edited?

spacer.png

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Source?? I remember this era vividly & I'm sure she didn't say that. She did say she was disappointed the label didn't want her to film the video for it though....the song was originally Angela's & you can still hear Britney's vocals all over the track more than the additional background singer who wrote the track. You're more than likely mistaken, Britney would've heard the final mixes & easily been able to change it before release...doubt she would work with B&A multiple times for multiple records afterwards either including enlisting them for Original Doll..

Edit: Angela originally wrote it with B&A & it ended up with the girl group Melodi Brown first in 2002, before Britney heard Angela’s demo & recorded her version.

Background vocalists are:

Britney Spears

Angela Hunte

BlackCell

Emma Holmgren

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

Source?? I remember this era vividly & I'm sure she didn't say that. She did say the label didn't want her to film the video for it though....the song was originally Angela's & you can still hear Britney's vocals all over the track more than the additional background singer who wrote the track. You're more than likely mistaken, Britney would've heard the final mixes & easily been able to change it before release...doubt she would work with B&A multiple times for multiple records afterwards either including enlisting them for Original Doll..

Same... britney never made any comments about the vocals on do somethin

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

Source?? I remember this era vividly & I'm sure she didn't say that. She did say the label didn't want her to film the video for it though....the song was originally Angela's & you can still hear Britney's vocals all over the track more than the additional background singer who wrote the track. You're more than likely mistaken, Britney would've heard the final mixes & easily been able to change it before release...doubt she would work with B&A multiple times for multiple records afterwards either including enlisting them for Original Doll..

Thank you for sayin the true :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Isla said:

The song was originally recorded by Melodi Brown, I’m gonna assume those are the ‘backing vocalists’ left in the mix? 

I hadn’t read about the history of the song in years & assumed it was Angela’s since she wrote it, but you’re right the girl group Melodi Brown recorded it in 2002 before it ended up with Britney. Their vocals aren’t on the song though.
Background vocalists:

Britney Spears

Angela Hunte

BlackCell

Emma Holmgren

• Love 1
1 hour ago, leviathan said:

I’m hoping she’ll discuss things like these at some point in her life; like I want to know her thoughts on her career more than the conservatorship 

Hard same, understandably she’s reflecting on how they took all her rights and all her money, but in the future I’m sure she’ll reflect on the career aspect.  I’m so disgusted on what they did 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block