‘Midnights’ by Taylor Swift is now challenging Britney Spears’ ‘Oops!… I Did It Again’ (1.31M) for second-biggest sales week for a female album in US history

Lol bitter britney fans here again. No matter how you spin it this is MASSIVE and proves Taylor is a huge legend whose popularity keeps rising. And getting over million in streaming era is very very hard. Oops vs Midnights, I think Midnights is the better album. Oops has many fillers and Midnights has way better lyrics. People here are such hypocrites, mass buying Hold Me Closer and then calling swifties desperate. folklore had many versions and so did evermore, but midnights is outdoing them. The GP is loving this album and buying it thats the reason its selling this much. Taylor is a legend and her longevity is something only Madonna has reached before, she keeps rising and rising and at this rate she might very well become the biggest pop star of this century. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, Popcornie said:

Lol bitter britney fans here again. No matter how you spin it this is MASSIVE and proves Taylor is a huge legend whose popularity keeps rising. And getting over million in streaming era is very very hard. Oops vs Midnights, I think Midnights is the better album. Oops has many fillers and Midnights has way better lyrics. People here are such hypocrites, mass buying Hold Me Closer and then calling swifties desperate. folklore had many versions and so did evermore, but midnights is outdoing them. The GP is loving this album and buying it thats the reason its selling this much. Taylor is a legend and her longevity is something only Madonna has reached before, she keeps rising and rising and at this rate she might very well become the biggest pop star of this century. 

Agreed. I’m gonna get aniliated for this but I think Taylor has surpassed Britney as an artist. Britney will always be iconic but her peak ended in 2005 and has never fully recovered. Meanwhile Taylor keeps hitting new peaks every year it seems like.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, EmmaJG said:

Agreed. I’m gonna get aniliated for this but I think Taylor has surpassed Britney as an artist. Britney will always be iconic but her peak ended in 2005 and has never fully recovered. Meanwhile Taylor keeps hitting new peaks every year it seems like.

Maybe in the USA.  But not in the world.  When B came out, her records were playing in Afghanistan shortly before being bombed by the US.  No one knows who Taylor Swift is over there...so there's that.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, EmmaJG said:

I’ve yet to see Taylor do anything “iconic”.

People just love vanilla. 

• Love 5
  • Like 1

Idk what funnier, the fact that people on here think oops didn’t involve one of the most incredible marketing campaigns ever, or that people on here try to label “marketing tactics/campaigns” as a negative. IT IS AN INDUSTRY! Like others have said, if it’s all because of various versions, why isn’t every artist doing that? Because they would sit on the shelves. You can dislike her, but to try to discredit her is a fools errand. 

also, not to discredit Britney as the BEAST performer, but, especially for oops, she literally went in and recorded vocals for songs that were chosen for her in a two week period between tours. So what that says; is that Britney was sold as a PRODUCT artist, which is marketing in and of itself. So take several seats haters. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
31 minutes ago, Nate b said:

Well come next Monday, you will see her NEXT iconic moment when official charts are released. Keep your opens open. 🙃

I don’t consider sales or charts iconic - streaming, to me, made charts irrelevant. I’m talking about moments in pop culture history that people will talk about for years to come. And not just to her fans, but the general public. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
On 10/23/2022 at 11:49 AM, Almost Mystical said:

This, releasing the deluxe version at the same time with both explicit and clean version really helps. I guess that's how people are doing releases these days.

Why have a clean and explicit version? Americans are ridiculous, kids are doing opioids and parents don’t care but God forbid the word s** or ***** being heard on radio. Even the censoring here is ridiculous 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Broccoli Spears said:

I’ve yet to see Taylor do anything “iconic”.

People just love vanilla. 

I'm feeling like this the trend now. Biggest charting artist these days are Adele, Harry Styles, and Taylor. The trend has obviously shifted from bubbly catchy electro pop to regular guitars and drum pop.

This is where this version of Britney should come and slay the chart. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

16 minutes ago, Almost Mystical said:

I'm feeling like this the trend now. Biggest charting artist these days are Adele, Harry Styles, and Taylor. The trend has obviously shifted from bubbly catchy electro pop to regular guitars and drum pop.

This is where this version of Britney should come and slay the chart. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

Wait is this version real? I've never heard it before!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block