‘Midnights’ by Taylor Swift is now challenging Britney Spears’ ‘Oops!… I Did It Again’ (1.31M) for second-biggest sales week for a female album in US history

48 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I used to admire her before the pandemic and before her decision to re-record her albums and begin the cycle of exploitation. She had an opportunity to buy her masters but decided there was more money to be made in the re-recordings. I am sick and tired of hearing about her and can’t believe I was ever a fan. It’s like a trend/personality trait to like her and her music and the press eats it up because if they don’t their competitors will. 

Such exploitation only works for US, Taylor is not big in Europe and other countries worldwide ...she couldn't even reach #1 iTunes in UK. Bigger Than The Whole Sky sales worldwide has already decreased after 2 days only

https://www.livepopbars2.com/index.php?Region=143444&Chart=34&numbers=Get+Chart+(Numbers)

https://kworb.net/ww/

Only streaming with the playlistings gives her that much points advantage

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

First of all record is already broken, you guys here are just narrowing the lane. I read someone say Midnights will be the biggest debut post bundle era like who even remembers this? I even remember BB article stating '3' is the shortest song to ever reach No. 1 wtf is this record even 🤷‍♂️ 

Adele 25 did 3M+ and biggest goes to Adele as always now onto this it now doesn't matter because 1st was good now if you are 2nd or 3rd it's not that big of a deal I'm sure taylor fans must be jumping tho. 

Congratulations to Ms. Swift but I would like to add one thing during 2000s buying 10 cd was nearly impossible due to high price oops I did it again had only one edition that was standard cd in the US and thats it. 

Fans amassing multiple copies didn't existed it was different back then, you can say it's now harder in the streaming era ofc it is but there are 2 streaming services + sales to contribute to this. Ms swift is famous to give their fans what they want, fans have checked 4 vinyls + cds for this. Ms swift should break the record which is okay because to me record is already far broken by Adele. 

Oops costume still worn by little ones on Halloween, only impact stays In the end it seems like 😏

• Love 2
  • Like 2
11 minutes ago, MasterMindz said:

The Oops, BOMT, and Slave outfits dominate Halloween :ahhh_britney_scream_glory_excited_yay_pumped:

I wonder though why the MATM suit she wore in the video has not gained much traction, it has such a unique and classic design. 

Well I've been a chart analyzer all my life and MATM in the beginning was a chart topper outside US ofc also due to Madonna stardom those days she's loved in Europe. 

While especially in UK after MATM hitting no 1 people weren't convinced enough to buy the album it was toxic which made the push and that happened in multiple markets I am saying this because a lot of songs make temporary shift and MATM is like that. 

MATM choreography remains the hardest of her career but yet forgotten because people never really liked the song and when you don't like the song then who will remember. 

Even you drive me crazy is far more known then MATM now.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, G-unit said:

I’d love to see the numbers of OIDIA if streaming existed and was popular back then.  She’d probably still hold the record tbh.

Eh, no that's very unlikely as Adele literally smashed that record with 25 (by a margin of 2 million copies) and 25 wasn't available on streaming services until 6 months after it's release.

7 hours ago, Greg_del said:

Her fans buys this album like 4 times to break records. Britney and her fans weren’t desperate like that so, Britney wins

What are you talking about? :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:Britney fans do the exact same thing! :nyschool_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_preaching_telling_talking_hand: All one has to do is look through the HMC premiere thread on Exhale where fans were LITERALLY saying “I bought the song 3 times for gifting to friends and family” all so that sales were inflated in our gurl’s favour and so it climbed the chart fast. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:So… your assessment is invalid hon! :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
22 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

The only thing more insufferable than Taylor herself are her fans.

I wonder how many of these "sales" are pure album sales?

She certainly doesn't have anything iconic to back up this supposed level of success.

Literally the only stand out look she's ever had is this...

original.gif

14 minutes ago, Agyness said:

taylor is boring af :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

Basketball Wives GIF by VH1

• Haha 2
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, Greg_del said:

Her fans buys this album like 4 times to break records. Britney and her fans weren’t desperate like that so, Britney wins

That's a good point. It's like counting bots to see who has most followers. Also, are these just physical copies? Or they count digital too?

Either way, if Taylor breaks the record, I wouldn't consider it fair, but it's good for her, although I think that's not her best record at all. Like she has better albums that could have broken that record lol

Another thing. Britney was 18. Taylor is 33. Long time overdue  :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block