‘Midnights’ by Taylor Swift is now challenging Britney Spears’ ‘Oops!… I Did It Again’ (1.31M) for second-biggest sales week for a female album in US history

1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

The gorilla grip she has on society is something odd. Beyoncé and Taylor did some voodoo at the 09 VMAs or some blood magic because the way those two got infamously famous after that is concerning :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

Omg i was just talking to a friend about this!! I thought people didnt notice but its really really weird 

their sudden success doesnt make sense with the way the music market in general works, theyre like the only exceptions to it its very weird, let alone all the respect from the gp they started getting

• Love 6

It's been a long time and Taylor is a great artist herself, she probably put a lot of effort into it. Even the excessive marketing strategy by her team I guess.

She may not be a dancer or a strong performer but she is herself and if she does break the record good for her too. Not everyone liked it (and still doesn't) that Britney set the record because she may not be the best vocalist or instrument performer or whatever, and actually most people don't care. Even Britney didn't know for a while.

I now realize It's not about the awards and records.

But deep inside I honestly want to see articles saying that Taylor was not able to break Britney's legendary record lol :)

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Taylor is desperate and we all knew. If her biggest albums and hits couldn’t get her this achievement why is this boring album doing it? Because she keeps exploiting people. The whole Scooter drama should’ve cancelled her indefinitely for refusing to buy her masters. She saw an opportunity to squeeze every penny from her fans and she did that. 

The gorilla grip she has on society is something odd. Beyoncé and Taylor did some voodoo at the 09 VMAs or some blood magic because the way those two got infamously famous after that is concerning :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

Taylor is fake, overated and basic. Everyone knows her desperate tricks manipulating the charts. The more albums (with hundreads of songs including too many bonuses) she releases just to break records, the more basic her music will become. Even though she has 100 tricks up her sleeves, she still can never get that second biggest sales week record! 

• Love 5
  • Like 1
Just now, TOUCHMEANGEL said:

Taylor is fake, overated and basic. Everyone knows her desperate tricks manipulating the charts. The more albums (with hundreads of songs including too many bonuses) she releases just to break records, the more basic her music will become. Even though she has 100 tricks up her sleeves, she still can never get that second biggest sales week record! 

Baby, Taylor IS the music industry :badgirl_britney_flirt_sexy_pom_piece_of_me_lips:

• Love 4
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, TOUCHMEANGEL said:

Baby, there are thousands artists building up the music industry for a century and the US music industry has been going downhill since Billboard nonstop changing their fomula favoring these streaming acts it's not fair for the legends. :badgirl_britney_flirt_sexy_pom_piece_of_me_lips:

Baby, don’t be pressed, enjoy the weekend. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
8 minutes ago, TOUCHMEANGEL said:

Baby, there are thousands artists building up the music industry for a century and the US music industry has been going downhill since Billboard nonstop changing their fomula favoring these streaming acts it's not fair for the legends. :badgirl_britney_flirt_sexy_pom_piece_of_me_lips:

Doesn't change the fact that she still IS the music industry. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, TOUCHMEANGEL said:

Saying some certain artist is the music industry is the most stupid thing i have erver heard!

Every artist has a domination period. Britneys success in the 2000s as a female artist had no challenge. She dominated every aspect from sales to awards to music videos. She defined an Era.

Every decade has its power house, and this is a Taylor Era. 

• Love 1
Just now, MasterMindz said:

NEvery artist has a domination period. Britneys success in the 2000s as a female artist had no challenge. She dominated every aspect from sales to awards to music videos. She defined an Era.

Every decade ha sits power house, and this is a Taylor Era. 

Doesn't change the fact that Taylor is NOT the music industry! Nobody would agree with such stupid statement, stop with your annoying replies!

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
24 minutes ago, TOUCHMEANGEL said:

I used to admire her before the pandemic and before her decision to re-record her albums and begin the cycle of exploitation. She had an opportunity to buy her masters but decided there was more money to be made in the re-recordings. I am sick and tired of hearing about her and can’t believe I was ever a fan. It’s like a trend/personality trait to like her and her music and the press eats it up because if they don’t their competitors will. 

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block