‘Midnights’ by Taylor Swift is now challenging Britney Spears’ ‘Oops!… I Did It Again’ (1.31M) for second-biggest sales week for a female album in US history

58 minutes ago, G-unit said:

Eh time to stop comparing new releases to OIDIA imo.  When streaming counts, it’s just not the same as having to actually drive to the store and buy a physical album…which Britney did over 1.3 million times…of which the vast majority were individual people, not duplicate copies being purchased.  I’d love to see the numbers of OIDIA if streaming existed and was popular back then.  She’d probably still hold the record tbh.

this 100 % :meryl_streep_point_yas_yes_meme_proud:

• Love 1
  • Like 3
6 minutes ago, BritBritSpearsLove said:

Taylor antics are so desperate tbh, she was promoting like 10 different versions and milking her fans. Oops sales happened organically!

I see a lot of people calling Taylor desperate for the way she promotes her music, but I’m pretty sure us Britney fans would love for Britney to do the same when she releases music. There wouldn’t be a second thought about it. Taylor makes her releases exciting for her fans. It just also happens to make her money. I don’t really think she has any reason to act out of desperation.

• Love 8

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block