‘Midnights’ by Taylor Swift is now challenging Britney Spears’ ‘Oops!… I Did It Again’ (1.31M) for second-biggest sales week for a female album in US history

10 minutes ago, Adriannn said:

For all those pressed by the antics… ummm this is a BUSINESS, remember? Like with money, ok? Y’all acting as if you were financially involved or as if you’re money was magically transferred to buy her stuff. You are just jealous :taylor_swift_evil_smile:

Looking at the hate comments make me laugh  :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

If anyone call sell millions doing 4 versions, they everyone would be doing it. 

Also, there is nothing wrong with fans supporting their favorite artists. We all rallied and bought Blackout a few years ago to make the album platinum. :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

24 minutes ago, MasterMindz said:

Looking at the hate comments make me laugh  :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

If anyone call sell millions doing 4 versions, they everyone would be doing it. 

Also, there is nothing wrong with fans supporting their favorite artists. We all rallied and bought Blackout a few years ago to make the album platinum. :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

I mean......I hate to admit but this is true.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MIKE_INT said:

1) You cannot compare sales 22 years ago and now with streaming

correct. you cant compare them. ever since online streaming starts to become a thing, album sales have tanked drastically. the market went from selling 500 million CDs and vinyl in 2007 to 100 million in 2020. that's a 500% shrink.  for her to sell 1.3+million copies when you could just listen for free, well that certainly makes a 2022's 1.3 million at least 500 times more impressive than back in the days.

2 hours ago, MIKE_INT said:

1) You cannot compare sales 22 years ago and now with streaming

correct. you cant compare them. ever since online streaming starts to become a thing, album sales have tanked drastically. the market went from selling 500 million CDs and vinyl in 2007 to 100 million in 2020. that's a 500% shrink.  for her to sell 1.3+million copies when you could just listen for free, well that certainly makes a 2022's 1.3 million at least 500 times more impressive than back in the days.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block