Why do a lot of Britney fans hate Taylor Swift so much?

EmmaJG

1 minute ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

That is different and we all know it. You are getting DIFFERENT products. I wouldn’t be here acting a fool if this were about her releasing dolls, merchandise and video games. Those products don’t CHART and the comparisons are silly 

It’s not different. It’s an industry at the end of the day. The main goal is to make lots of money.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

That is different and we all know it. You are getting DIFFERENT products. I wouldn’t be here acting a fool if this were about her releasing dolls, merchandise and video games. Those products don’t CHART and the comparisons are silly 

Taylor burning Billboard next week! 

Fire Burning GIF by Taylor Swift

• Haha 1

I have never been able to connect with Taylor’s music. I think it’s her voice. She’s not a bad singer, but her voice is just not unique or memorable. I can respect the hustle tho. She is a marketing genius and she is a great songwriter as well. She is legendary, but in my humble opinion, she will never be iconic! 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Taylor has y’all Brainwashed GOOD :queenie_falling_dying_dead: peoples issues with her are that she’s a PHONY, sicks her stans onto her targets, exploits them for every penny they have, and whose music while not the worst music ever released definitely not worthy of continuing to sell and stream like it does. People adopt certain figures to stan like people stan sport teams and if you don’t like them they band together and bully the absolute **** of whoever doesn’t. People then want to fit in with the Joneses and stan the artist everyone else is stanning because it’s the “cool” thing to do. 

People defending her releasing several versions of the same album to chart are beyond brainwashed they fail to see how exploitative it is. Many of her fans can’t even afford to not live paycheck to paycheck and when they obsess over someone like they do with her they can’t control their impulses not to buy everything she puts out. She knows what she’s doing and contributes to this cycle and it’s disgusting. A standard and a deluxe is fine but this BS of several editions with different songs/album covers/variants is sick. I love Dua but even I got put off by how many different color vinyls she was releasing because I wanted to collect them all but I had to stop myself because it’s silly to want to buy them all 

This has to be the most insane ideology I have ever heard about something she does FOR her fans. Literally blaming Taylor for impulse control…. So vodka companies who put out multiple flavors or sizes, are they to blame for alcoholics over purchasing and over indulging? Should they only be allowed to sell one product? Where does it end? If you don’t have self control, that shouldn’t mean that those of us who DO are punished. During Britney’s residency, some fans went to like 100+ shows. If they used money they should have spent on rent, is Britney to blame because she provided her fans with that many opportunities to see her? I for one LOVE the idea of getting all 4 beautiful collector edition vinyls and them being a clock. I haven’t yet because I don’t want to spend the money and I have ZERO feeling of pressure or being exploited just because they are available. If you do that for one version, it’s only fair to offer both as clean and explicit, is it not? Just let her live. You truly don’t need to spend your life arguing nonsense just because you are jealous that you are not the one getting fed. It’s so dump to judge and bully artists for giving the fans what they want. 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Nate b said:

This has to be the most insane ideology I have ever heard about something she does FOR her fans. Literally blaming Taylor for impulse control…. So vodka companies who put out multiple flavors or sizes, are they to blame for alcoholics over purchasing and over indulging? Should they only be allowed to sell one product? Where does it end? If you don’t have self control, that shouldn’t mean that those of us who DO are punished. During Britney’s residency, some fans went to like 100+ shows. If they used money they should have spent on rent, is Britney to blame because she provided her fans with that many opportunities to see her? I for one LOVE the idea of getting all 4 beautiful collector edition vinyls and them being a clock. I haven’t yet because I don’t want to spend the money and I have ZERO feeling of pressure or being exploited just because they are available. If you do that for one version, it’s only fair to offer both as clean and explicit, is it not? Just let her live. You truly don’t need to spend your life arguing nonsense just because you are jealous that you are not the one getting fed. It’s so dump to judge and bully artists for giving the fans what they want. 

Lmao at all of you comparing apples to oranges. A show ≠ different versions of an album. Why is she only doing this recently? To inflate sales. Do you think she would put in that much effort if Billboard stopped counting explicit and standard editions separately? Lmao “bully artists” she has you so brainwashed you don’t realize how insane your ideology actually is. Her and her fandom are the biggest bullies in the industry :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw: to think I was ever a part of it is an embarrassment 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/23/2022 at 2:44 AM, EmmaJG said:

I love both of them (Taylor more these days) The hate Taylor receives on here is ridiculous. People keep calling her basic, talentless etc.

I don't hate her, but:

1) She makes herself something that is not just for money and attention.

2) I prefer her as country singer than some flat pop tracks.

3) Although she claims not anymore - she still tries to change her image just to attract attention to herself.

4) Even if she writes good lyrics, she is superficial inside and cannot be normal human.

5) Midnights is overrated af and practically does not bring anything new or interesting :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

drag me

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block