Jump to content

Why do a lot of Britney fans hate Taylor Swift so much?


EmmaJG

Recommended Posts

Britney is a legacy and no one can touch her status, but the delusion of some fans downgrading Taylor and her success is real:

1) Attacking her for the sales tactics as if Taylor's missive streaming numbers aren't the biggest for a female artist after 16 years into her career (like literally 9.1 billion streams this year even without Midnights) (also, regardless of re-releases or how many versions she does since all her albums rarely left the BB Top 200 since they were released) :kiss_britney_blowing_pink_candies:

2) Attacking her for the marketing as if its a bad thing, or as if Britney's BOMT, Oops, Britney, ITZ, and Circus didn't receive unprecedented massive promo :zoomzoom_britney_annoyed_irritated_blink:

3) Attacking her for the performances.. I mean Taylor is an okay performer, but her power is in the lyrics.. no one can write like her. Not to mention that she also produces half her music and directs her music videos :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

4) Attacking her for not having timeless songs as if Love Story, You Belong With Me, All Too Well, Blank Space, Shake It Off, Look What You Made Me Do, and more recently You Need To Calm Down and Lover did not stand the test of time... Not to mention the huge impact that Folklore - and even Evermore - had on the music scene

5) Attacking her for her vocals.. let's not go there as Britney fans :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: 

The attacks on Taylor remind me of the time when Britney and Christina fans attacked Madonna and her legacy :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no:

@Isla @Style. @Adriannn anything to add? :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

  • Love 5
  • Like 1
Link to comment
9 minutes ago, MasterMindz said:

Britney is a legacy and no one can touch her status, but the delusion of some fans downgrading Taylor and her success is real:

1) Attacking her for the sales tactics as if Taylor's missive streaming numbers aren't the biggest for a female artist after 16 years into her career (like literally 9.1 billion streams this year even without Midnights) (also, regardless of re-releases or how many versions she does since all her albums rarely left the BB Top 200 since they were released) :kiss_britney_blowing_pink_candies:

2) Attacking her for the marketing as if its a bad thing, or as if Britney's BOMT, Oops, Britney, ITZ, and Circus didn't receive unprecedented massive promo :zoomzoom_britney_annoyed_irritated_blink:

3) Attacking her for the performances.. I mean Taylor is an okay performer, but her power is in the lyrics.. no one can write like her. Not to mention that she also produces half her music and directs her music videos :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

4) Attacking her for not having timeless songs as if Love Story, You Belong With Me, All Too Well, Blank Space, Shake It Off, Look What You Made Me Do, and more recently You Need To Calm Down and Lover did not stand the test of time... Not to mention the huge impact that Folklore - and even Evermore - had on the music scene

5) Attacking her for her vocals.. let's not go there as Britney fans :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: 

The attacks on Taylor remind me of the time when Britney and Christina fans attacked Madonna and her legacy :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no:

@Isla @Style. @Adriannn anything to add? :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Hit the nail on the headddd. I said this in another thread but most people on here just hate on any other female artist that isn’t Britney… we’re allowed to be fans of others too :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

And it’s okay if you don’t like Taylor but there’s also no need to make hurtful comments about it/her. 

  • Love 4
Link to comment

Taylor has y’all Brainwashed GOOD :queenie_falling_dying_dead: peoples issues with her are that she’s a PHONY, sicks her stans onto her targets, exploits them for every penny they have, and whose music while not the worst music ever released definitely not worthy of continuing to sell and stream like it does. People adopt certain figures to stan like people stan sport teams and if you don’t like them they band together and bully the absolute **** of whoever doesn’t. People then want to fit in with the Joneses and stan the artist everyone else is stanning because it’s the “cool” thing to do. 
 

People defending her releasing several versions of the same album to chart are beyond brainwashed they fail to see how exploitative it is. Many of her fans can’t even afford to not live paycheck to paycheck and when they obsess over someone like they do with her they can’t control their impulses not to buy everything she puts out. She knows what she’s doing and contributes to this cycle and it’s disgusting. A standard and a deluxe is fine but this BS of several editions with different songs/album covers/variants is sick. I love Dua but even I got put off by how many different color vinyls she was releasing because I wanted to collect them all but I had to stop myself because it’s silly to want to buy them all 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
10 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Taylor has y’all Brainwashed GOOD :queenie_falling_dying_dead: peoples issues with her are that she’s a PHONY, sicks her stans onto her targets, exploits them for every penny they have, and whose music while not the worst music ever released definitely not worthy of continuing to sell and stream like it does. People adopt certain figures to stan like people stan sport teams and if you don’t like them they band together and bully the absolute **** of whoever doesn’t. People then want to fit in with the Joneses and stan the artist everyone else is stanning because it’s the “cool” thing to do. 
 

People defending her releasing several versions of the same album to chart are beyond brainwashed they fail to see how exploitative it is. Many of her fans can’t even afford to not live paycheck to paycheck and when they obsess over someone like they do with her they can’t control their impulses not to buy everything she puts out. She knows what she’s doing and contributes to this cycle and it’s disgusting. A standard and a deluxe is fine but this BS of several editions with different songs/album covers/variants is sick. I love Dua but even I got put off by how many different color vinyls she was releasing because I wanted to collect them all but I had to stop myself because it’s silly to want to buy them all 

I was not a fan of re-releasing her music, but the offer to buy the rereleases came after the success of Fearless (TV). Her record company downgraded her impact and what she could achieve, and I'm glad she ended up doing it. Also, the re-release of Red was a 100 times better than the original. 

Re-releasing different versions only serve first week sales. The album has been streamed almost 500 million times in the first 4 days. Also, all 10 albums are constantly charting proving her longevity, mostly due to people loving and streaming her music. She can release 100 versions, it does contribute AT ALL to the longevity of the album.

Also, I do not think she should be blamed if people who cant afford buying music end up in debt. Like for real, its like gamers who fall in debt spending their salaries on games they are obsessed with. You do not blame the game, you blame the player. Plus, most of Taylor's fan are 25 years plus at this point, I'm pretty sure they are mature enough to weigh whether or not they can buy multiple copies. 

As a fan who bought Glory both physically and digitally, supported every single, and own the vinyl... There is nothing wrong with Taylor serving her fans.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, MasterMindz said:

I was not a fan of re-releasing her music, but the offer to buy the rereleases came after the success of Fearless (TV). Her record company downgraded her impact and what she could achieve, and I'm glad she ended up doing it. Also, the re-release of Red was a 100 times better than the original. 

Re-releasing different versions only serve first week sales. The album has been streamed almost 500 million times in the first 4 days. Also, all 10 albums are constantly charting proving her longevity, mostly due to people loving and streaming her music. She can release 100 versions, it does contribute AT ALL to the longevity of the album.

Also, I do not think she should be blamed if people who cant afford buying music end up in debt. Like for real, its like gamers who fall in debt spending their salaries on games they are obsessed with. You do not blame the game, you blame the player. Plus, most of Taylor's fan are 25 years plus at this point, I'm pretty sure they are mature enough to weigh whether or not they can buy multiple copies. 

As a fan who bought Glory both physically and digitally, supported every single, and own the vinyl... There is nothing wrong with Taylor serving her fans.

Nope you blame the game for not including everything you need to play the game in the game itself. You blame the greedy companies and developers. 
 

Serving her fans? You spelled exploiting wrong boo. Anyways Taylor needs to add you to her payroll because you’ve been working overtime for free on here replying to everyone criticizing her. Lawd :miley_cyrus_stare_meme:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
1 minute ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Nope you blame the game for not including everything you need to play the game in the game itself. You blame the greedy companies and developers. 
 

Serving her fans? You spelled exploiting wrong boo. Anyways Taylor needs to add you to her payroll because you’ve been working overtime for free on here replying to everyone criticizing her. Lawd :miley_cyrus_stare_meme:

Well, it is called the music industry, and industry means business :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses: 

I've had an off day after a weekend, spent it on Exhale and Instagram :elton:  

Did you forget the Dua rallies you led last year? :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Nope you blame the game for not including everything you need to play the game in the game itself. You blame the greedy companies and developers. 
 

Serving her fans? You spelled exploiting wrong boo. Anyways Taylor needs to add you to her payroll because you’ve been working overtime for free on here replying to everyone criticizing her. Lawd :miley_cyrus_stare_meme:

She’s putting out products that her fans want. How is that a bad thing? 
Britney used to release a lot of products back in the day for her fans too. Was she exploiting her fans too?

Link to comment

Because they cannot stand seeing another female being successful. Some others wish it was Britney the one slaying left and right and I cannot blame them, I miss her so much. They wish she was promoting HMC and they entertain the possibility of her making new music, and so do I. Apparently, seeing someone else being committed gives an itchy azz.

Being pressed by how much Taylor is selling? Like, how does that affect you? Were your bank accounts hacked to buy all versions? Did money magically disappear from your wallet? Did the songs appear on your self-made playlists suddenly? HELL TO THE MOT.HER.F.U.CK.IIIING NOOOOOO

People here keep forgetting that this is the music I N D U S T R Y... artists SELL music, it's their JOB. Taylor happens to be mega-successful at it and she puts in a great deal of effort... so of course, it pays!

If you don't like something, here's a little tip: DON'T F.UC.KING BUY IT! it's just that simple. Tomatoes are a hit in the supermarket and yet they don't jump into your trolley when you go grocery shopping, do they?

Finally, I do not feel economically exploited by any artist, it is my decision whether I consume their products and the way I do it.

  • Love 3
Link to comment
13 minutes ago, Adriannn said:

People keep forgetting that this is the music I N D U S T R Y... artists SELL music, it's their JOB. Taylor happens to be mega-successful at it and she puts in a great deal of effort... so of course, it pays!

 

14 minutes ago, Adriannn said:

Finally, I do not feel economically exploited by any artist, it is my decision whether I consume their products and the way I do it.

 PREACH! 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
47 minutes ago, Adriannn said:

Because they cannot stand seeing another female being successful. Some others wish it was Britney the one slaying left and right and I cannot blame them, I miss her so much. They wish she was promoting HMC and they entertain the possibility of her making new music, and so do I. Apparently, seeing someone else being committed gives an itchy azz.

Being pressed by how much Taylor is selling? Like, how does that affect you? Were your bank accounts hacked to buy all versions? Did money magically disappear from your wallet? Did the songs appear on your self-made playlists suddenly? HELL TO THE MOT.HER.F.U.CK.IIIING NOOOOOO

People here keep forgetting that this is the music I N D U S T R Y... artists SELL music, it's their JOB. Taylor happens to be mega-successful at it and she puts in a great deal of effort... so of course, it pays!

If you don't like something, here's a little tip: DON'T F.UC.KING BUY IT! it's just that simple. Tomatoes are a hit in the supermarket and yet they don't jump into your trolley when you go grocery shopping, do they?

Finally, I do not feel economically exploited by any artist, it is my decision whether I consume their products and the way I do it.

You see it’s kinda hypocritical to make a big issue about “if you don’t like it don’t buy it” when you are writing Declarations of Independence criticizing opinions you don’t like. The irony yall I can’t :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, EmmaJG said:

She’s putting out products that her fans want. How is that a bad thing? 
Britney used to release a lot of products back in the day for her fans too. Was she exploiting her fans too?

Girl what are you on about? Tell me where these different album variants are because I’m very curious as to why I’ve never heard of them considering I was there since the very beginning. Are there 10 versions of Oops I missed? :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

Link to comment
1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Taylor has y’all Brainwashed GOOD :queenie_falling_dying_dead: peoples issues with her are that she’s a PHONY, sicks her stans onto her targets, exploits them for every penny they have, and whose music while not the worst music ever released definitely not worthy of continuing to sell and stream like it does. People adopt certain figures to stan like people stan sport teams and if you don’t like them they band together and bully the absolute **** of whoever doesn’t. People then want to fit in with the Joneses and stan the artist everyone else is stanning because it’s the “cool” thing to do. 
 

People defending her releasing several versions of the same album to chart are beyond brainwashed they fail to see how exploitative it is. Many of her fans can’t even afford to not live paycheck to paycheck and when they obsess over someone like they do with her they can’t control their impulses not to buy everything she puts out. She knows what she’s doing and contributes to this cycle and it’s disgusting. A standard and a deluxe is fine but this BS of several editions with different songs/album covers/variants is sick. I love Dua but even I got put off by how many different color vinyls she was releasing because I wanted to collect them all but I had to stop myself because it’s silly to want to buy them all 

:fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead:

Link to comment
7 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Girl what are you on about? Tell me where these different album variants are because I’m very curious as to why I’ve never heard of them considering I was there since the very beginning. Are there 10 versions of Oops I missed? :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

I don’t mean just albums but she sold tons of merchandise, video games, books in the day etc. 

and there’s no problem with that

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, EmmaJG said:

I don’t mean just albums but she sold tons of merchandise, video games, books in the day etc. 

and there’s no problem with that

That is different and we all know it. You are getting DIFFERENT products. I wouldn’t be here acting a fool if this were about her releasing dolls, merchandise and video games. Those products don’t CHART and the comparisons are silly 

Link to comment

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Guest
Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...