Is “I Don’t Search I Find” Madonnas best track on Madame X?

rik

@i sometimes sing live it’s between this and God Control for me. I didn’t realize how good the song is overall. Of course, I have my criticisms of the vocal production as you did initially but I’m finding this to be very cool. 

especially this question existing sort of sound effect is playing at this exact time stamp. Wow. That sucked me in like a time portal. This is an icon from the 80s creating something lowkey kind of iconic. It’s dance, it’s reminiscent of a woman from another time trying to soar through the future. It’s pretentious but it’s also great. Not the whole record but the vision and visuals are there and this song is truly at the very least a highlight 

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, britney fkn spears said:

@i sometimes sing live it’s between this and God Control for me. I didn’t realize how good the song is overall. Of course, I have my criticisms of the vocal production as you did initially but I’m finding this to be very cool. 

especially this question existing sort of sound effect is playing at this exact time stamp. Wow. That sucked me in like a time portal. This is an icon from the 80s creating something lowkey kind of iconic. It’s dance, it’s reminiscent of a woman from another time trying to soar through the future. It’s pretentious but it’s also great. Not the whole record but the vision and visuals are there and this song is truly at the very least a highlight 

I love this album

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, i sometimes sing live said:

If you like I Don't Search I Find, you might like Ciao Bella as well (house songs with spoken word elements):

Not my favorite Madame X songs, but I love them too. The only song I don't like is Batuka. It's the Nobody Knows Me of Madame X. :elton: My favorites are Crazy, Dark Ballet, Extreme Occident, God Control, and Killers Who Are Partying. :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod:

Omg  ok tbh it’s not bad. The production is quite great. Wow so it didn’t even make the list? 

27 minutes ago, i sometimes sing live said:

You said the production on Erotica was bad, which is why you might like I Don't Search I Find. It's essentially a modern Pettibone track.

It’s not that it’s necessarily bad. It’s lower quality compared to something like the production of Music or Ray of Light and beyond, which I guess in all fairness is of it’s time. I would also say it’s similar to Janet’s Janet record but a little more try hard. I think it’s not that it’s bad necessarily, I just can’t seem to resonate with a lot of her earlier stuff prior to Ray Of Light despite knowing just how iconic she was during those eras. 

I like Rain, Bye Bye Baby which I know you said was the most out of place on the record but oddly enough my favourite. Secret Garden is very interesting too tbh. I just don’t find myself going back to them as much as I do with anything post Ray. I also just feel like it’s kind of low fi for someone with such a high budget but after listening to the songs of the early and even mid 90s, there’s something lower and particular about the sound quality that really changed sometime in the late 90s

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block